800+ Day world no longer loads

Auth
  • Fixed

I'm just gonna let you guess as to why I want this world restored

I was playing semi-normally(Had to kick 2 people) when suddenly my game freezes when fighting hounds, however, the person playing with me isn't stopped as the server didn't go down, just my game froze for myself. Then when I force quit and restart, even after verifying the game on steam, it just wont start that world in particular. It loads and creates worlds just fine, but not that one.

Was using some serverside and clientside mods, but disabled every single one and still no change, so I don't exactly think it was them. Then again, I've worked on modding a bit myself and every time I think that (Usually) I'm dead wrong.

I'd like to thank @ScottHansen for his speedy reply on steam, even if it was just to post it on here :p

Anyway, here's my entire DSTANR folder:

DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta.zip
Should probably help you out a bit.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Steps to Reproduce
Kicked 2 people Game Froze(For me, however the server was still up for my pal playing with me) Force Quit Game & Both servers (Mac force-quit) Server no longer loads, saying "Dedicated Server Failed to Start"

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

For anyone who is interested, the caves save file was corrupt, to fix it we manually deleted the highest numbered 00000XXX files in that server's caves directory (eg: Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\Cluster_5\Caves\save\session\16044365C9F6FBC1) until the server was able to load it.

And we have added fixing this properly to our task list.

PS. Always backup the entire save directory before doing stuff like this.

• Like 1

Share this comment