The beta version reports an error and crashes on MacOS

BillChenIDY
  • Fixed

Hello, Klei Entertainment. I am a player from China, and I really like Don’t Starve Together. Recently, during the test update of Don't Starve Together on the Steam platform, I was on a MacBook equipped with MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. Every time I opened the beta version of Don't Starve, I would get an error and crash, which made me feel very sad. I will give a screenshot of the relevant information below. By the way, this is not an isolated case. A friend of mine who also uses a MacBook had the same crash when he started the beta version of Don’t Starve Together. I guess this is related to this update: "Fixed a bug causing inconsistent worldgen on Linux and Mac."I really like the game Don’t Starve Together, I hope you guys can help me solve this problem. Finally, I wish your company better and better again![Google Translate]

屏幕截图.jpg

屏幕截图2.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Just need to open the game with MacBook.

client_log .txt

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I am getting the same problem, too. Is there any current work around? Or will we just have to wait till it gets out of beta.

Share this comment

Unfortunately,At present, it can only be playing with Windows or the official version.[Google Translate]

Edited by Bill_Chen_IDY

Share this comment

Hi. I have the same problem. My client log from Documents > Klei > DoNotStarveTogetherReturnOfThemBeta is the same as the original poster's. I attached the specifics of my computer (Apple > About This Mac > screenshot) and the report of the crash that my computer gave me.

specifics of my laptop.png

computer's report.txt

Share this comment

Are Mac players seriously going to be ignored like this? I’ve seen over ten bug reports now of the same thing and not one response

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Mellyboo said:

Are Mac players seriously going to be ignored like this? I’ve seen over ten bug reports now of the same thing and not one response

Well, Maybe the next update will be able to play on MacBook.[Google Translate]

On 10/17/2020 at 11:22 PM, licet_insanire said:

Hi. I have the same problem. My client log from Documents > Klei > DoNotStarveTogetherReturnOfThemBeta is the same as the original poster's. I attached the specifics of my computer (Apple > About This Mac > screenshot) and the report of the crash that my computer gave me.

specifics of my laptop.png

computer's report.txt 120.3 kB · 2 downloads

I hope it can be fixed soon.

Share this comment