shipwreck shenanigans

SaxtonHale
  • Known Issue

So, I've been enjoying the new sailing feature in "Turn of tides" update, but I feel like the boats are a bit "broken" when docking by land. Just one wrong bump into the land and BOOM, all boat health gone, from 100 to 0 instantly. 

This can't be right, If I hit land just one itty bitty bit, then all my hard work and resources are wasted, it seems a bit harsh considering I'm also trying to survive and gather resources as is.

Maybe make obstacles in water/monsters the only things that can do any type of damage,to your boat, not bumping into any type of terrain 

It just gets frustrating, considering shipwrecked doesn't do that when coming ashore from your raft, please take away the damage from bumping into land. Also, can we get options to upgrade the boat to reduce any damage done via water obstacles/monsters, maybe with Thulecite?

Seriously though, no damage from bumping into land please, it's genuinely annoying, and unfair.

If this can be fixed, I'd genuinely appreciate it, thanks for reading!

DST broken boat.mp4

Steps to Reproduce
Sail into land, It'll happen real fast after a bump or two (doesn't have to be full speed, or with a sail)

User Feedback