Sentrypede possession mechanism

Cuikui
  • Fixed

Should security pulse check the health of sentrypede husks before possessing them ?

Currently, the only effect of a sentry husk in low health is to prevent the security impulses from aiming directly at it. But if the Husk is on the natural path of security pulses, it will be possessed regardless of his health. It seems more natural to me that Husk cannot be possessed at low health even if they encounter a Security pulse.

I guess it can be done by adding "gestalt_possessable" tag to CENTIPEDE_MUST_TAGS table in archive_props.lua.

Steps to Reproduce

Damage a sentryhusk between two waypoint of security pulse, or damage a sentrypede husk between the aiming of the pulse and the collision.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Changed Status to Fixed

I think this was fixed in the last update. It seems to be working properly for me.

The pulses should be powering the Sentrypede piles when they are in their "full" state but not in low or medium states. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

@Jason The pulse needs to pass at less than 1 unit from a Husk to possess it (cf. archive_prop.lua line 443). 

The fix of the last patch prevents the security pulse to change direction toward Sentrypede Husk. This mean it is more difficult to accidentally trigger the possession, but still possible. There are two cases I have found:

* A rare bug: If the Husk is exactly on the path of Sentry pulse (less than 1 tile).

* A more common bug: If a Pulse starts to aim at a full health Husk (with a 20 unit detection) and the player damage the Husk between the time the pulse travel, the pulse will pass exactly on the Husk position and reanimate it whatever the damage done. Basically sometime your are damaging a Husk but it is possessed just after because a pulse already targeted the Husk.

I hope my explanations are better this time.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment