Mose Goose evades hits

Red Carnage
  • Pending

Mose Goose curently is very broken, like she has gained new ability to dodge/evade most of the attacks. Almost every hit is huge chance for you to miss and deal no damage to her. Most of the times she start evading after using shes special attack, which blows your weapon out of hands.

Steps to Reproduce
Host a world with caves on. Go find a mose goose at spring. Attack her and hopefuly will see this issue.

User Feedback

Is Lag Compensation set to predictive? If so, setting it none should address this issue.

Also, opting into the beta resets all your settings to the default values, and lag compensation is set to predictive by default. (Guessing cause you reported it in the beta tracker).

Share this comment

atm playing non-beta, but in beta version i had the same issue. For a long time I didnt have this issue it was fine, only recently fight geting annoying. And yes lag compensation is at predictive by my choice :) because at none it feels weird. At lag compensation > predictive I feel lag only when game saves, but after then its ok

Share this comment

12 hours ago, PhoeniX19922 said:

And yes lag compensation is at predictive by my choice :) because at none it feels weird.

Yea, I understand it feels weird at none and ppl hate setting it to none for that reason. But lag compensation is the reason why there is a delay to your hits. It's not showing you (the client) where you actually are on the server.

This is what the Klei Support page says on Lag Compensation:

What is "Lag Compensation"

In Don't Starve Together, we use movement prediction by default, which may cause a delay in the animation while preforming actions and show you in a slightly different location than where you or other players are on the server.

This can be turned off in the settings by toggling "Lag Compensation" to None, which will trade the prediction with input lag (players will have to wait for the server to confirm their action before it will start).

That's what it says, but it's really off, even when you are the host. This thread goes more into why and even has a visual demo of how off it is on a hosted world:

Spoiler

My suggestion would be to try the moose fight without lag compensation to see the difference. Otherwise, you're going to have to play somewhat of a guessing game of where you are on the server for fights.

Share this comment