Iv'e found a massive texture bug.

NamelessName
  • Pending

How can this be fixed, and what causes this?
This bug is visible on ALMOST every single character mod out there. Its like white "dots" that come and go on characters while they do an animation or just simply stands still. The easiest way for me to show you is by posting a character mod (below) that has the most visible glitch, (but this texture glitch exists on a lot of character mods and even some item mods).
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845678302&searchtext=unbroken

Install that above mod put on the hat and turn the character to the right OR turn him around so that you can see the back of the hat/head. The texture bug will be visible a lot on the HAT of that character. But here's the thing, this bug is actually extremely common for almost every mod when a texture is moving (like clothing or a character), but its NOT as visible as the above mod. Even reign of Runt has this glitch, ive asked him about it and he thinks it must be a recent texture rendering problem that klei (introduced). But then why does KLEI's vanilla characters not have this at all, and why have I seen this problem for years?

Is the klei mod tools broken or something?

PS: If you want to learn more read the comments from Reign of Runts, cause that's where I wrote about the texture glitch even more.

Steps to Reproduce

1-Download this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845678302&searchtext=unbroken

2-Install that above mod put on the hat and turn the character to the right OR turn him around so that you can see the back of the hat/head. The texture bug will be visible a lot on the HAT of that character.

3-OR install reign of runts mod

4-Open up Moose in the select screen and look at the neck, I 100% guarantee you will see white "dots" when they do their animations (you need to stay and look through a few animations OR go out and in from the character to trigger an animation faster). The first animation for moose when entering select screen shows the most (look at neck).

• Like 3

User Feedback

I am right now looking through every character mod I come across and notice that this visual bug is actually there for EVERY character so far (some just on the side, some on the back, some barely noticable etc). Crazy. This glitch is probably some sort of rendering problem once we convert the textures into .tex files with your mod program klei.

Share this comment

Started a thread about it, and more people are annoyed by this visual glitch.

Can we get some kind of confirmation that this is being looked at? Its a pretty major bug for EVERY modder. Its an unavoidoable bug.

Edited by NamelessName
  • Like 1

Share this comment