Frustrated with lag on bosses

Gfernandes
  • Known Issue
I've started games with more than 4 different friends and in all of them I have trouble facing the bosses ("dont hit", "phantom hit"), the game always goes well and so dragonfly is the first discouragement, after the deerclops and so it goes, my internet is stable and my friends also, we have already changed hosts, tried to play with other friends (only 1 worked without lag on boss) and with the vast majority, all current, I can not play , It's frustrating.
And the worst is that I really like DST and I would love to play more ... I've tried to download several mods that reduce the most diverse things, both me and the host, doenst work.
I've tried to disable lag compensation, I can hit them But with an immense delay of almost 2 seconds, and unlike when the option is on, this does not only bother me in bosses but in the whole game. This is a bug that should be fixed, isn't it?! I believe it is not just me who has this problem.

Steps to Reproduce
Boss fight

User Feedback

@Gfernandes

Hi. This issue of hits not landing on bosses with lag compensation enabled is a known issue; a fix for that issue should be out in the next beta.

In the meantime, disabling all your mods and having Lag Compensation set to None is what I recommend.

Having said that, I also see that you have the Food Tooltips mod installed. I highly recommend getting rid of it, since it has a bug where it will continously spawn food onto the coordinates 0,0 everytime you cook and examine said food item, causing copious amounts of lag. 

The host can do a command to get rid of all the spoiled food that's been built up: c_removeall("spoiled_food"), though that will remove all the rot in the world.

They can also do c_supdergodmode(), followed by c_gonext("spoiled_food") till the find the pile, to which they can manually burn all the foods items that have built up in that spot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

4 hours ago, lakhnish said:

@Gfernandes

Hi. This issue of hits not landing on bosses with lag compensation enabled is a known issue; a fix for that issue should be out in the next beta.

In the meantime, disabling all your mods and having Lag Compensation set to None is what I recommend.

Having said that, I also see that you have the Food Tooltips mod installed. I highly recommend getting rid of it, since it has a bug where it will continously spawn food onto the coordinates 0,0 everytime you cook and examine said food item, causing copious amounts of lag. 

The host can do a command to get rid of all the spoiled food that's been built up: c_removeall("spoiled_food"), though that will remove all the rot in the world.

They can also do c_supdergodmode(), followed by c_gonext("spoiled_food") till the find the pile, to which they can manually burn all the foods items that have built up in that spot.

Thanks for all the tips, I will disable the food tooltip since the show me can replace it, there is information that I unfortunately only get with the mods so I can't "uninstall" them, I have a really really bad memory so I need that kind of "add-on" (information I know but I'll forget for sure)

One last question, is there a deadline for the release of this upcoming beta?

• Like 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Gfernandes said:

One last question, is there a deadline for the release of this upcoming beta?

As per this post here, should be sometime in November (maybe):

The next Return of Them beta update "Hook, Line and Inker" should release early November. But as always, that is an estimate and things could change, expect more details about a week before release

Also, you do you for mods. I just recommended disabling the mods to root them out the source of the issues :p

Edited by lakhnish
Also
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Hi.

This issue is quite high on my priority list, so once the initial wave of beta bugs is done I will take a look at how best to fix it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment

On 11/14/2019 at 7:04 PM, ScottHansen said:

Hi.

This issue is quite high on my priority list, so once the initial wave of beta bugs is done I will take a look at how best to fix it. 

I'm sorry for asking like that but has this problem been fixed? I'm considering playing DST with some friends but I don't want to play it if I still have this silly kind of problem, so it would be interesting to know if it has already been fixed

Share this comment

@Gfernandes Hello. This problem with phantom hits due to Lag Compensation has largely been addressed, at least from what I had tested myself when whatever update it was that came out to fix this issue. 

Share this comment