Clean Sweeper Skin Swapping Bugs (So Far)

mrxarous
  • Fixed

While having the Clean Sweeper equipped swapping skins on dropped Log Suit when cycling through possible skins I get to Roman Wood it's fine, one more swap it turns invisible on the ground. When I pick it up invisible it looks as if it were still the Roman Wood in inventory but equipping it displays on character as a normal Log Suit. Unequipped still shows as Roman Wood and dropping from inventory makes it invisible again.

• Repeating above steps on Ham Bat cycles to the last skin Pugna's Ham Bat after that it becomes invisible, reequipped shows in inventory as Pugna's Ham Bat, but in-hand shows as a normal Ham Bat. 
  • Repeating above steps on Pretty Parasol and after it cycles past the last skin Rosy Posy Parasol it becomes invisible. Reequipped shows in inventory as Rosy Posy, but in-hand shows as a normal Pretty Parasol.
  • Repeating above steps on Fur Roll cycles past the last skin Patchwork Quilt (not the green/purple -- coral/reddish colors) it also becomes invisible and in inventory looks as if it were still the last skinned version but on use shows as a normal Fur Roll.
  • Cycling through the skins available for the Flingomatic causes the normal red gauge to show fuel levels on the base skin to disappear. (Picture included.)
  • Repeating above steps on Star Caller's Staff crashes the game. (Mooncallers does not.)
  • Thulecite Crown and Club show in inventory as a skinned version but on ground and in hand show as normal after cycling through skins. 
  • Top Hat once cycled through skins will show differently than what is in the inventory versus what is on ground and equipped. (Shows normal non-skinned on ground and on-character but Witch Hat in inventory and in the hat slot.)
  • A normal miner's helm shows as a Cowboy Helmet in inventory and hat slot.
  • A normal beekeeper hat shows as a Mourning Veil in inventory and hat slot.
  • A normal Feather Hat shows as Equestrienne Headdress in inventory and hat slot.
  • A normal Rain Hat shows as a Cowboy Rain Hat in inventory and hat slot.
  • An Eyebrella after cycled shows as a Glass Eyebrella in inventory and hat slot.
  • A Winter Hat after cycled shows as a Festive Stocking Cap in inventory and hat slot.
  • A normal Marble Suit after cycled appears as a skinned version like above.
  • A normal Football Helmet after cycled appears as a skinned version like before.
  • A normal Scalemail after cycled appears as a skinned version like before.
  • A normal Torch after cycled appears as a skinned version like before.
  • A normal Battle Helm after cycled appears as a skinned version like before.
  • A normal Battle Spear after cycled appears as a skinned version like before.
  • A normal Rabbit Earmuffs after cycled appears as a skinned version like before.
  • A normal Axe (flint) after cycled appears as a skinned version like before.
  • A normal Shovel (flint) after cycled appears as a skinned version like before.
  • A normal Backpack after cycled appears as a skinned version like before.
  • (Edit) When cycling skins on a crafting station, doing while another player is crafting (prototyping) crashes the server.

Please note majority of crafted items and equipment (even toothtraps) would show in inventory different then their normal self after cycling skinned versions with Clean Sweeper. I didn't want to continue listing as it was just about ever item in game.

All were crafted normally and as "stock" non-skinned versions, dropped on ground and then "cast spell" with Clean Sweeper. We crafted as a skinned version and cycled skins and got the same bug. Seems as if re-logging (re-starting server) fixes the issue temporarily.) 

Steps to Reproduce

image.thumb.png.c7b4d28c6ca2c0dd2b8bcae3552c7cfd.png

• Like 6

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
15 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Thanks for finding these issues! It appears that my tests weren't exhaustive enough.

Don't exhaust yourself in such trying times. I love helping and it's a beta branch after all, that's what we are suppose to do. Break it for you. XD

• Like 1

Share this comment

I'm running through all the items right now, fixing the invisible issues, and then I'll tackle the other ones. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Alright, I've got most of these fixed now (hotfix tomorrow). There's still a few issues with the more complicated skins, like the Ice Flingomatic and the pig houses, but I'll be looking into them again tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

@mrxarous "Edit) When cycling skins on a crafting station, doing while another player is crafting (prototyping) crashes the server."

Was this when using the Alchemy Engine? I fixed a crash in there, so that might be what you saw. I fixed the rest (other than the ice flingomatic, which I'm still working on)

Ice flingo fixed now too.I think that's everything you listed here. Much thanks for being so thorough!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment