Bulbous Lightbugs get in the way of attacking neutral mobs and placing structures

QuartzBeam
  • Pending

Having Bulbous Lightbugs orbiting you, the character will not be able to place any structures (or any plantables, for that matter) due to the lightbugs' hitboxes getting in the way.

Also, Ctrl+F becomes nigh unusable for attacking neutral/passive mobs, such as pigs, bunnymen, etc., because more often than not the lightbugs' proximity to the character will cause Ctrl+F to target them instead. Maybe it should take Ctrl+Click to attack follower lightbugs like with Chester and recruited pigs/bunnymen/merms?

Steps to Reproduce

1. try to place a structure while surrounded by lightbugs, or

2. try to press Ctrl+F while near a neutral mob and surrounded by lightbugs

• Like 2

User Feedback

I don't think this is a bug... All followers get in the way when building things (specially merms). I know its pretty annoying but I guess it's kind of a downside when playing with followers.

Making bulbous lightbugs immune to Ctrl+F could be a great QoL change, specially after their HP nerf. Using Ctrl+F with followers is always tricky, that is why they always maintain certain distance away from the character. While these bugs are no exception, the distance between the character and them is reduced, therefore it's more likely to hit them with Ctrl+F.

Share this comment

21 minutes ago, Brubs said:

I don't think this is a bug... All followers get in the way when building things (specially merms). I know its pretty annoying but I guess it's kind of a downside when playing with followers.

Your other followers do not constantly orbit your character though.

23 minutes ago, Brubs said:

Making bulbous lightbugs immune to Ctrl+F could be a great QoL change, specially after their HP nerf.

The HP nerf doesn't really matter in this case. It's actually impossible to hit the lightbugs orbiting you; if you move to hit them, they will move with you, remaining out of your reach constantly.

24 minutes ago, Brubs said:

Using Ctrl+F with followers is always tricky

Ctrl+F does not target mobs you have recruited to work for you. You gotta Ctrl+Click on them to attack them.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Your other followers do not constantly orbit your character though.

Well no, but you can catch them with a bug net and then drop them again after building. Other followers are harder to dismiss.

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Ctrl+F does not target mobs you have recruited to work for you. You gotta Ctrl+Click on them to attack them.

Woops, you are right. I read Ctrl+F but imagined Alt+Click in my mind. Sorry!

Share this comment