Bearger Keep Charging At the Player When on a Boat (v351615)

lakhnish
  • Pending

When you get on a boat, Bearger will walk away for a bit (like he's losing agro), but after some time will try to charge his way to the player on the boat. This does not stop.

5d27e3d3cfc42_beargerbroke.gif.75e0afd016efd89f92b4181851c32eb8.gif

This may have to do something with Bearger's charge mechanic, cause even in single-player DS, it was always very difficult to lose Bearger's agro. In order to properly lose it, I had to go about maybe 5-6+screens away, but because Bearger charges at the player, he would continuously charge to catch up to the player (maybe his agro resets after each charge? IDK).

The Spider Queen seems to work properly though (she deagros when the player gets on the boat).

Steps to Reproduce
Get a Bearger and make him mad. Get on a boat a safe distance away. Bearger will "deagro" properly like the Spider Queen, but will then go for his charge attack towards the player, creating an infinite loop. This happens on land too and is very hard to lose his agro once he has you as a target.
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

25 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

I think it might be a feature, since it knocks your boat away when he pounds the ground.

I'm aware that his ground pound makes your boat float away. However, I don't think it's intended for Bearger to continuously charging said player when he can't get to them, as the Spider Queen deagros the player when it gets on a boat. It's an issue on land too, as I've described.

Share this comment

Thank you for your post. I think this issue is not only with berger this is with all not flying booses or creatures.

These are my posts on this issue: 

and I have 1 bug on this web where can winona use this bug for easly killing booses with her catapults on boat.

these all postes is for this bug but its still not fixed.

I hope this post will help solve this problem. :)

8 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

I think it might be a feature, since it knocks your boat away when he pounds the ground.

Yes, but this is working only when you with the boat on the edge of land near berger. When you are far from berager or other not flying creature

berager cant discard you.

Thank you for your post. I think this issue is not only with berger this is with all not flying booses or creatures.

These are my posts on this issue: 

Edited by Fi7iP

Share this comment

@Fi7iP

This bug report was geared more towards to the new specific changes to the Spider Queen and Bearger AI towards a player on a boat from the last beta update.

When you get on a boat, the Spider Queen will properly lose agro on the player. This is not the case for Bearger, since he will temporarly lose agro when the player is on a boat, only for him to reagro and charge towards said player, which differs from the new Spider Queen behavior.

I don't know the exact reason why Bearger is behaving differently, but my suggestion is that something with his charge mechanic is what's causing the difference.

For your 2nd post about pigs going for stuff in the water, I believe that was addressed, alongside some other mobs. I have no outstanding opinions about your post about more intelligent creatures (there were changes towards aquatic animals that I need to look into as well). Sorry if that was what you were hoping for.

• Like 1

Share this comment