Annoying problem placing gates

Red Carnage
  • Pending

This problem wasn't here all the time, I started to noticed it after you first added gate and fence skins. From 3 angles you can place gates perfectly but from one angle you can't. It's not because of mod, same problem when dissable geo placement. Usualy I have to place gates first, then place walls if I want all gates look perfectly! 

pls fix this issue!

Also uploading short video you to see this problem!

Steps to Reproduce

watch the video

• Like 2

User Feedback

While this is a known bug and has been reported many times, I still wanted to tell you that your video is incorrect since you placed your gates in your video wrong, not showing what happens if you place them in the correct spot.

Share this comment

as you seen I placed 3 gates perfectly and 4th one wrong, because I was unable to place where I wanted.

On 7/11/2020 at 5:23 PM, Viktor234 said:

While this is a known bug and has been reported many times, I still wanted to tell you that your video is incorrect since you placed your gates in your video wrong, not showing what happens if you place them in the correct spot.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Here are the previous bug reports that can provide more insight onto this issue:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/wrong-fencegate-facing-r24878/

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/from-yotc-event-fence-gates-are-bugged-when-placed-next-to-walls-in-the-nw-se-orientation-r24149/

The TL;DR version is that placing gates in the NW/SE orientation is kinda wonky due to some change made during the Year of the Carrat event.

• Like 1

Share this comment