'Unable to connect to leaderboard server.'

M4g1cW4rr10r
  • Fixed

Hiya.

In every game that I've achieved the 'Victory/NoDuplicateCharacters/NoRepeatMeals/NoTributesFailed' badges I still don't get the Tournament Entry badge, and in every game regardless of whether or not I get the prerequisite badges or not, there has been this little red message in the top right corner (shown in the screenshots): "Unable to connect to leaderboard server." Given, the scores in the pictures are not very good, but according to some friends and acquaintances, they've never had this happen in any game I'm not in, but it does happen when I do play with them. Which leads me to believe it has something to do with my account, and I'm not qualified to be in the tournament, causing other people I'm playing with to suffer the same.

I can't imagine why. My account is in good standings, no VAC bans, nothing. It's the parent account I guess (Family settings disabled) so why is this happening?

I tried restarting the computer, and the same result still happened.

(Link for CSV stat file is at the bottom of the page for this date, hope it helps!)

20180710170419_1.jpg

20180710234317_1.jpg

thegorge_stats_07-10-18.csv

Steps to Reproduce
From the Title Screen upon starting up the game, choose Play > Enter the Gorge > join or create a match > select any character with any amount of players > start game > wait until game ends and get to result screen

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

You don't have to worry about your account, it will not be the source of this error message.

A) Are you joining their games or are you the one who set up the custom server?
B) What country are you playing from?
C) Could you run DST, create a custom gorge server, once in the lobby, leave the match, close DST and then send me your log file (\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt)?

@Butterscotch24 If you could also answer the above, it would help.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

You don't have to worry about your account, it will not be the source of this error message.

A) Are you joining their games or are you the one who set up the custom server?
B) What country are you playing from?
C) Could you run DST, create a custom gorge server, once in the lobby, leave the match, close DST and then send me your log file (\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_log.txt)?

A): It occurs both when I join, or create my own server.
B): United States.
C): Of course. It's been attached, did it just as you said.

client_log.txt

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

A) Joining or set up the custom server, no matter, anyway didn't get Tournament Entry badge.
B) Country: Uzbekistan, and my friend from Russia.
C) Here, client_log.txt

client_log.txt

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thanks for the test logs.

Next time you get the "Unable to connect to leaderboard server." message, can you please Alt-Tab and attach your client_log.txt file (or copy/paste  it to make a backup and attach it when you have the time). This will allow me to find the server you were on and get its log file.

Thanks.

Share this comment

Thank you all for helping me track this down.
As of hotfix 277370, players should be seeing "Unable to connect to leaderboard server." message a lot less.

If you continue to see it, please make sure you have updated to Rev 277370 (press backspace and look in the bottom left corner of the screen). If you have the latest build then please post a new bug with a screenshot and log files.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment