Lost recipes after changing pc

Soumyadip543
  • Closed

I unlocked almost all recipes but when i changed my pc all the recipes were reset and I know a person who had this same problem

P.S I used the gorge extender mod

client_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
I had this problem when i reset my pc.

User Feedback

Hi there, Soumyadip543.

Unfortunately, the recipe data is stored locally on your computer and not on cloud. That means that switching the device you use to play on will not carry over your recipe book.

People have tried copying their recipe data over, but it results in everything looking like wet goop (which I believe Klei implemented to prevent people from getting the master chef achievement without doing any work).

As long as you switch back to the original device you unlocked the recipes on, everything should be fine. I hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

The recipes are stored locally. 

The good news is the achievement progress is not. You can see which recipes you have completed by opening you log file and searching for "food_", without quotes.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 10.07.2018 at 6:18 AM, ScottHansen said:

The recipes are stored locally. 

The good news is the achievement progress is not. You can see which recipes you have completed by opening you log file and searching for "food_", without quotes.

Also, can you please name the files, where is recipes are stored? I gave all my "klei" folder to my friend (I have reached all 70 recipes) and his recipes book was restored. Not with all recipes, only with his. I want to upload my recipes book to the open source, but I don't want to upload all my folder. This may be the solution.

Share this comment