[Linux] Cannot Connect to Event Servers

ThemInspectors
  • Fixed

On Linux I am not able to connect to any Gorge Servers, Including Creating a Custom one.

ID: 76561198352494489

Steps to Reproduce
Try to join a Gorge server.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Can confirm, current gorge build for linux seems completely unable to connect to any don't starve server. As in, not merely unable to quickmatch, join, or create gorge servers; I was also unable to join a regular don't starve game someone was hosting, and even unable to play one of my worlds. Creating a new world with caves went past the "server is generating world" message and failed at the connecting message.

Other people were reporting similar issues in the (over-)hype thread

Unsurprisingly, I was able to create and play a caveless world (only tested for 10 seconds) but obviously that just points back to a connection creation regression.

Also, all gorge servers appeared with atrocious ping. Not sure if it's related or just that you didn't enable the automatic hosting for europe yet ?

20180613005209_1.thumb.jpg.cb48c3cdb6b4ac03f0a79c27591386b3.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

There were some connection issues that have been resolved. Please let us know if you're still having problems.

Share this comment

After updating the impossibility to connect to servers is still there, both for the gorge and regular gameplay.

The pings in the browser appear normal now.

• Sad 2

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, mastel said:

This issue is still present on the latest patch (v273152).

We just updated, try version 273253. That should fix the issue for you.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment