Random "DST Has Stopped Working"

Rockbigman
  • Pending

I haven't ever had a problem like that playing DST before, Its been a while since I played the game other than forge (A couple of months) but I'm pretty sure whatever is happening here is somehow caused by The Forge

Basically I'll be playing a game, and out of nowhere randomly my game would freeze and then the audio would stutter for a couple of seconds before it pops up the "Don't Starve Together has stopped working", and then I'll have to totally restart my whole game.

it doesn't really matter what stage of the game I am in I believe, because it happened in the first few pig waves, it happened in the Snortoise wave, the Scorpeon wave, and the last case which happened like an hour ago with me on the Boarrior fight.

I've read and heard from more people that they have the problem, but I'm hoping that there will be somehow a fix or at least a workaround.

EDIT: So I tried playing again to reproduce the crash and get a client log, and it did happen today, so the log will be attached 

if there is anything else you want me to attach/mention feel free to ask me

client_log_2018-11-19-20-04-04.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Unknown, there is around 25% chance of it happening in a game randomly where the game would seem to Snap/Freeze with the audio stuttering for a couple of seconds before it crashes.
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Hello @Rockbigman, welcome to the forums. If that crash happened fairly recently then if possible please attach a copy of the client_log.txt (found in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\backup\client_log) that roughly lines up the time when your crash happened.

When it crashes again, always make a copy of the client_log.txt in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\ and paste it on desktop or something before opening DST again to rejoin. That way you have the crash log files tucked away ready to be attach to your bug report that you'll make after you've won the match with your team.

Log are always important when it comes to crashes. Cheers.

Share this comment

I created a Forge bug report (Forge Crashing Over and Over and OVER Again) that's now on page 2 I believe. If we're both facing crashes by the same cause, setting your Sound FX volume to 0 should stop the crashes from happening. Try it and let us know if it helps Rockbigman?

Hopefully Klei will properly resolve the problem for us, but in the meantime this will help you complete your rounds and at least get your XP, and also provide feedback to help build a case of what's causing these crashes.

Share this comment

Hello @Zillvr!

Yeah, I should make a copy when I play tonight and post it here by editing the post and attaching it!

Hey @Starphire!

I will be trying this after I reproduce the Crash and post my client_log here, I'm actually optimistic about trying it although it kind of sucks having no sounds while playing :/

Share this comment

I have the same problem.
Here is the last client_log file. The game crashed with the same symptoms (freeze and then the audio would stutter for a couple of seconds before it pops up the "Don't Starve Together has stopped working", and then I'll have to totally restart my whole game).

This happen around 30% - 35% of the time.

client_log.txt

Edited by TheusuarioPSN

Share this comment

@Rockbigman Have you crashed again since you turned down sound volume to 0? Did you set it to 0 in-game settings? Or from Windows Sound Volume Mixer?

At what point did it crash for you when you took those logs? Were you in a match? Or just in the menus? From what I can tell, you did a few matches then you were able to open gift boxes later on. Did it crash there?

@TheusuarioPSN, at what point do you remember were you that the game crashed and took that log file? Were you doing anything specific?

Share this comment

I was in the middle of a forge match (In the Scorpeon wave) and it just randomly happened like every single time with the same "Result" (Small audio stutter and then crash).

And yes I think I played a game or two before the game that I crashed in, but I did not open any chests/gift boxes of any sort, the crashing so far never really happened in the menus.

I did set the volume to 0 in the in-game settings for now, but I only played one game with that change so I'm not sure if it is indeed a workaround for me.

Also one thing I've noticed was in the end of the client_log was that statement that says "Shutting Down" (And all the repeated stuff above it), I don't understand exactly what that is but I assume something happened around there that caused my game to Shut down/Crash, attaching a screenshot of that part here (Same log attached in original post)

Screenshot_1054.png

Share this comment