Australian servers missing?

Rurune
  • Fixed

Up until yesterday I've been able to find and play on Australian servers with around 30-40 ping. Now, it seems the lowest server ping I can ever find is >160. I assumed yesterday that there just weren't any Australians playing at the time, but today I double checked by hosting my own game and I'm getting those >160 ping values as well. Are the Australian servers down, or have they been removed?

I've attached a small portion of the client_log.txt that's hopefully related to finding servers. Australia seems to be missing from the list and my region seems to be set to India instead.

Steps to Reproduce
Forge -> Browse Servers -> Check server ping Or: Forge -> Custom Match -> Check server ping
  • Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

As a fellow Aussie, I can confirm that I am experiencing this, and was about to make my own post here. All minimum of 160 ping compared to the 30-40 prior.

Edited by dinosaur1831

Share this comment

I can support this, the ping is high in Melbourne. 139 is the lowest I have experienced since around Thursday/Friday. I heard that it is higher in Hobart.

Share this comment

17 hours ago, Clit or Rice said:

What was the issue?

I don't have the details of what happened, but I believe it was due to an error with configuration of the server cluster we use in that region. It started producing errors, and was responding inconsistently compared to other regions around the world. We've fixed up the configuration and put some new checks in-place so that this bug doesn't happen again.

Thanks for all your patience during this first event. Things should get more solid for events in the future as we discover and fix various problems with our cloud servers.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Is there a time when the servers are up? Because after the problem was fixed, i DID see some australian servers (at 3 in the morning) but now i see none (at 3 in the afternoon) even when hosting.
Also, is the event going to be extended or anything of the like? feels kind of bad not really being able to play for at least half of the event.

Share this comment

How are you looking for servers? The Browse screen will only show servers that are waiting for players; if you don't see any servers it doesn't mean there are none. If you do Quick Join or Custom Match it should get you into the best server that it can. If there are no servers with players waiting, it will get you an empty server in the best data center for your region.

Can you post your client_log.txt (found in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether) if you are having issues? If you're trying to custom match, can you copy the logs after you attempt to start a custom game? If you try to Quick Join and end up in a bad server, can you also post your client_log.txt after it happens?

Thanks!

Share this comment