Wrong Map Appearing

sugartastic
  • Closed

Whenever I play the game, I get the wrong map. Instead of the Forge background, I get the regular Don't Starve map -- grass, water, etc...

This also limits my movement. I cannot walk where the water is. I also cannot see the "lava" where it's supposed to be -- instead, I run into invisible barriers and cannot tell where I'm at. This limits where I can use skills. If I spawn on a water area, I cannot use any skills.

I have tried updating, uninstalling the game and reinstalling, doing the verifying the integrity of cache, etc... nothing seems to fix it.

Here is a screenshot:

wut.png

Steps to Reproduce
Just opening the game with the Forge beta and joining a match (be it your own, a friend's, or a random match, all of them do it).
  • Haha 2

User Feedback

Please disable all mods, then close the game, then validate your game files again

Test it out again but this time test it alone. Create a custom forge world with a password and vote to start with only 1 player.

If the problem continues then please attach your client_log.txt file

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

the log file seems out of date
[00:00:00]: Version: 232355
[00:00:00]: Current time: Wed Sep 13 22:53:53 2017

Can you please delete the file an try again, and attach the new file? Thanks

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

You don't appear to have windows permission to the /Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_save/ directory

Could you rename Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether directory to DoNotStarveTogether_backup and try again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Oh my goodness! Yes! That worked like a charm! The map is appearing properly and I can now play normally! Thank you SO much for all your help, I really appreciate it! :)

Share this comment