Keep Disconnecting From Server and Lagging Very Badly

furtrout
  • Pending

I've played about 3 matches so far. In one of them I was lagging so badly that I had to disconnect and reconnect and that seemed to fix it temporarily. Then in another one I had a similar problem, so I did the same thing, but then I lost connection to the server completely. During the character selection I've also been disconnected, and that's happened twice. Another time it disconnected right as the match started. It's also taking much longer to find servers than normal if that's anything to note. 

It also may be worth noting that this started happening after I opened all my forge chests, but I'm not sure if that's the cause of it since I only played one match before doing such so I can't really tell. 

It was going well during the beta, I hardly lagged at all even, and I was having no trouble playing DST yesterday. My internet is also fine. 

Steps to Reproduce
I was just playing the game normally. As explained in the thread, it did start happening after I opened the chests, but I'm not sure if that was why.
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Just now, Master Wolf said:

@ScottHansenresponding to my post about this, he said they are looking into it.

Ah,  okay! Thank you. It's nice to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. 

Share this comment

I have the same problem! Windows 7 x64, poland, steam version, file integrity hasn't helped. All servers have ~200 ping and lags every 5-6 sec.

Share this comment

Yeah, I've been disconnected from different servers during character selection screen 8 times now. It happens randomly. That's never happened to me during the beta.

Edited by Wigfrid1650
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Since the release of the Forge (the main branch at least, didn't play the beta), I've been having a similar problem. Get a ways into a match, almost at the finish...boom, disconnection, no exp or anything.
The weird part is that there's no prior lag, either, and the servers just vanish from the server list.

Might be something up with this automatic server creation system?

Share this comment

The beta was way more smoother on both laptops I played on. No idea why the official release version would be so bad in comparison.

Share this comment

12 hours ago, Wigfrid1650 said:

Yeah, I've been disconnected from different servers during character selection screen 8 times now. It happens randomly. That's never happened to me during the beta.

YES, the character-selection screen!  I have no idea whether I'd be fine if I just stopped trying to pick a decent outfit (but I wanna!) and just played...but instead I get the feeling that I'd disconnect after the same amount of time no matter WHERE in the process I was.  'Cos it seems pretty consistent so far.

Also I was fine during the Beta. (shrug)

...Notorious

Share this comment