Unequipping Item that has a Reticule (XBOX Controller) causes crash

Daggaroth
  • Known Issue

When I equip an item which has a reticule (such as the Star Caller's Staff or The Lazy Explorer) because of using an XBOX Controller, and then switch to a different weapon/hand slot item, it causes the client to crash. I wasn't using any Mods at the time.

NOTE: Doing these actions works fine in a Shipwrecked DLC file, but doing so in a Reign of Giants or Regular Don't Starve file will crash the game as long as the reticule appears due to using the Gamepad control scheme.

The image below shows Wilson using the Star Caller's Staff and the reticule appearing, prior to using Right D-Pad on the controller to equip the Walking Cane.

2016-02-25_00001.thumb.jpg.eb019fb8b8fc8

The image below shows the resulting error screen

2016-02-25_00002.thumb.jpg.b7940ebbe3ec2

I will also include my log.txt file

log.txt

Thanks for any help :) 

Steps to Reproduce
1: Select to use the XBOX Controller. 2: Create a new Don't Starve or Don't Starve: Reign of Giants world. (Shipwrecked will NOT cause a crash) 3: Spawn in an item with a reticule [ e.g. c_spawn("yellowstaff") ] 4. Spawn in another hand held item [ e.g. c_spawn("cane") ] 5. Pick up both items and equip the item with the reticule. 6. Equip the item without the reticule causing the reticule to disappear and the game to crash.

User Feedback