Things are spawning randomly in the water?

cece
  • Fixed

I was sailing around my islands and I noticed that not only do rocks... float on the water (I cannot count how many flints that I've found just randomly sitting on the water or how many butterflies just hover/fly over the water either... but that could be my more flowers mod I have installed causing that which is 100% more likely to be the reason why that happens), BUT just now, found a Tallbird egg and its nest just... sitting on the water. I took a screen shot this time to show what is going on for me during my game play. I don't know if it's just mine or if this sort of thing happens to others too, I just wanted to report it just in case.

Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 11.55.58 AM.png

Steps to Reproduce
I don't think it's anything that I've done so there's nothing to do to cause it.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I think Butterflies are because of your mod. You can see the flower on the right, which was placed in the ocean, and that is probably where those are spawning from.

The Tallbird nest is not on the ocean, it is on the land. The issue is a graphical one. The nest sits on the corner of the time (which is a square) but the ocean is smoothed out to look better, which rounds the corners with the ocean appearance.

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, stl1234 said:

I think Butterflies are because of your mod. You can see the flower on the right, which was placed in the ocean, and that is probably where those are spawning from.

The Tallbird nest is not on the ocean, it is on the land. The issue is a graphical one. The nest sits on the corner of the time (which is a square) but the ocean is smoothed out to look better, which rounds the corners with the ocean appearance.

I know the butterflies are spawning from my mod, which I mentioned!

However, I did try to pick the egg to see if it was, in fact, just in the far far corner of the square, but it wasn't. It was on the water and could not be retrieved. 

Share this comment

I have had this happen to me with the shadow creatures. Once you hit them if you are near the edge of an island they reappear on the water and can't get back onto land.

Share this comment