(SW) Bug visual map.

thiagox93
  • Pending

Always when I create a new world, or I move from one world to another through the machine, it happens! You need to create worlds to get one that is not so. But I have lost several maps when I try to go to another world through the machine. I don't use mods!

20160323160931_1.jpg

20160323160936_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Just create a new world or between the machine to generate a new map.

User Feedback

I can't really help you with this I have no clue how to code all I can think of is maybe you moved a file on accident while trying to do something or maybe a mod did that that you installed i really do not know

Share this comment

23 hours ago, DeathWingOP said:

Eu realmente não posso te ajudar com isso eu não tenho idéia como codificar tudo o que posso pensar é talvez você moveu um arquivo por acidente ao tentar fazer alguma coisa ou talvez um mod que isso que você instalou eu realmente não sei

I have mods but none is activated, all disabled. Even off the mods can cause errors in the game?

Share this comment

On 3/24/2016 at 4:37 PM, thiagox93 said:

I have mods but none is activated, all disabled. Even off the mods can cause errors in the game?

I dont think so but keep in mind i have never really coded anything but i doubt it maybe something mods did to the files idk what for someone who knows what they are talking about see this post because if it happens on every world then i really dont know

Share this comment

Hey @thiagox93, did you happen to see the methods we tried in this thread? Namely:

• Verify the integrity of the game cache.
  • Move the mod folders out of Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve\mods even if no mods are active.
  • Deleting DoNotStarve in Documents\Klei\. WARNING: This will ALSO delete all your old saves though, So be warned.

This issue seems to happen to very few people but we still haven't narrowed down on the cause. Would you mind sharing a DxDiag.txt of your PC?

Spoiler

DXDiag

In order to get a DXDiag on WindowsXP or more recent operating systems:

• Click on your Start button
  • Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to access the "Run" window
  • On the new window, type in dxdiag.exe and press enter; this will open up the DirectX diagnostic tool
  • Click on the "Save All Information" tab on the diagnostic tool
  • A "Save As..." window will pop up where you can click on save. It will save your hardware information as a document to your desktop (default).
  • Close the diagnostic tool and attach the new document to your post. 

Some people have had this happen for them with and without mods. So try those things first, and report back which didn't work. Cheers.

Edited by Zillvr

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Zillvr said:

Hey @thiagox93, did you happen to see the methods we tried in this thread? Namely:

• Verify the integrity of the game cache.
  • Move the mod folders out of Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve\mods even if no mods are active.
  • Deleting DoNotStarve in Documents\Klei\. WARNING: This will ALSO delete all your old saves though, So be warned.

This issue seems to happen to very few people but we still haven't narrowed down on the cause. Would you mind sharing a DxDiag.txt of your PC?

Hide contents

DXDiag

In order to get a DXDiag on WindowsXP or more recent operating systems:

• Click on your Start button
  • Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to access the "Run" window
  • On the new window, type in dxdiag.exe and press enter; this will open up the DirectX diagnostic tool
  • Click on the "Save All Information" tab on the diagnostic tool
  • A "Save As..." window will pop up where you can click on save. It will save your hardware information as a document to your desktop (default).
  • Close the diagnostic tool and attach the new document to your post. 

Some people have had this happen for them with and without mods. So try those things first, and report back which didn't work. Cheers.

I tried, and the first world that I created was the same problem. I can not send my Dxdiag.txt, an error occurs when I try to send.

Sem título.png

Share this comment

@thiagox93 Try and zip the DxDiag.txt then attach the .zip file. Right click the DxDiag.txt > Click Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder. Which of the methods exactly did you try? All new worlds are also still affected?

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@thiagox93 Try and zip the DxDiag.txt then attach the .zip file. Right click the DxDiag.txt > Click Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder. Which of the methods exactly did you try? All new worlds are also still affected?

1- I checked the integrity of the files! 2- Delete the mods folder. 3- I sent my DxDiag.txt. I tried to create new worlds, and only got a good after 4 attempts, but it varies greatly.

7 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

DxDiag.rar

Share this comment

@thiagox93 when you created new worlds and only the 4th attempt did not have any issues, did you use new save slots each time or did you delete the broken map world and generating a new save in the same slot?

The next part is just a precaution, go check whether your PC has any Windows Updates queued up. If there are any, let them install. 

Share this comment

11 hours ago, Zillvr said:

@thiagox93 when you created new worlds and only the 4th attempt did not have any issues, did you use new save slots each time or did you delete the broken map world and generating a new save in the same slot?

The next part is just a precaution, go check whether your PC has any Windows Updates queued up. If there are any, let them install. 

@Zillvr In the same slot and the other slots, it happens anyway. And I installed Windows updates.

Share this comment

@thiagox93 well, I'm asking whether at what point did a newly generated world not get broken? Was the non broken world made in the same slot as the other previous worlds that were broken or did the non-broken world generate when you generated it on a new slot.

Share this comment

@thiagox93 Can you try the following:

• Go to the bin folder of the game located in Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve\bin.
  • Right click dontstarve_steam.exe.
  • Click Properties.
  • Click Compatibility Tab.
  • Check the box beside Run this program in compatibility mode for:
  • Click drop box and select Windows 7.
  • Check the box beside Run this program as an administrator.
  • Click Apply Button.
  • Click Ok.
  • Start up the game again from stream then retry generating new worlds to see if the issue still persists.

Share this comment

@thiagox93 the last thing I can probably suggest is a full reinstall of the game. After that I'm clueless, unless you can provide the log.txt in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve after the game generates a new world but with a broken map. So I can compare your logs with mine which never has experienced any of these issues. The difference between out log.txt files would probably be the reason why that happens to you.

Share this comment

@thiagox93 After a bit of search and crossing over different sources of people who has had this happen to them (source), I think this issue occurs due to your PC not meeting the game's requirements (source).

I have never had to reinstall the game but I'm pretty sure the saves aren't removed when you delete it. If that worries you, you can backup your save files by copying the whole save folder and saving it elsewhere on your pc. Then uninstall the game and check if the save files in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve were removed.

Sadly, I don't think a reinstall would fix the issue (due to the issue I mentioned above) but you might as well try since another player (in the thread I linked above) got it to work again properly after a reinstall. You could possibly try and reduce the overall display load that the game needs to render by disabling bloom, distortion, screen shake then enabling small textures and netbook mode.

If that doesn't work, then I'm very sorry for not being much help. I do not know what else there is to be done to fix this. 

Edited by Zillvr

Share this comment