Persistent Lightning Flashes

Devon Aster
  • Fixed

Not certain if this is a one-time glitch, or if others have had this issue.  I'm playing Wilson in Shipwrecked, no world modifications made and no mods installed.  Current season is the second season (hurricane?).  A storm started as normal with rain, wind, hail, and lightning.  While most everything tapered off, I seem to be stuck with regular persistent lightning flashes.  These aren't strikes, just the visual effect of the flash and the sound of thunder, and it happens with regularity every several seconds.  Saving, shutting down the game, and restarting didn't fix the issue.

Can someone tell me if there's a console command to stop the flashes?  I tried to search it, but had no luck.

Steps to Reproduce
Storm started and tapered off as normal, except for the lightning flashes. I was simply going around collecting resources and cooking with crockpot.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
3 hours ago, Dylan738 said:

Not a bug. It's hurricane season.

No, this isn't regular hurricane season effects.  Lightning flashes don't come with on the spot regularity every several seconds in a normal storm.  There's a variance to them.  This has also been going on even after the other storm effects pass.

I've played more than enough Shipwrecked to spot a break in the normal processes.

Share this comment

45 minutes ago, Devon Aster said:

No, this isn't regular hurricane season effects.  Lightning flashes don't come with on the spot regularity every several seconds in a normal storm.  There's a variance to them.  This has also been going on even after the other storm effects pass.

I've played more than enough Shipwrecked to spot a break in the normal processes.

Well for me, there is always flashes and lightning strikes very frequent and at TOTAL RANDOM every time.

Share this comment

Was a hotfix put out or something?  Because otherwise, I didn't receive any help so... yeah.  I ended up having to dump the save since I couldn't stop the lightning and it wouldn't stop on its own.

Share this comment

On 3/18/2016 at 3:10 PM, Devon Aster said:

Was a hotfix put out or something?  Because otherwise, I didn't receive any help so... yeah.  I ended up having to dump the save since I couldn't stop the lightning and it wouldn't stop on its own.

My guess is, this issue has been fixed in the current dev build. The update that actually fixes this issue hasn't been released to the public yet.

Share this comment