Broken Map

Michi01
  • Known Issue

I started a new world and all the stuff that is shown with icons on the map (for example plants) was already revealed. The background of the map that shows the biome wasn't revealed and walking around didn't reveal it. Saving and reloading doesn't fix it and it seems to always occur when creating anew world now. I made a new world a few days ago where this didn't occur. I would add a screenshot but I'm sorta in a hurry right now if you need a screenshot tell me and I'll add it later. I don't have any mods installed and didn't mess with the files in any way.

Steps to Reproduce
1.)Start a new world 2.)The map is broken (is this only happening to me?)

User Feedback

@Michi01 Thanks for the report. We're having some problems reproducing and tracking the issue, do you mind sending me your log.txt? It should be in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarve/log.txt

Share this comment

47 minutes ago, HugoM said:

@Michi01 Thanks for the report. We're having some problems reproducing and tracking the issue, do you mind sending me your log.txt? It should be in Documents/Klei/DoNotStarve/log.txt

Alright, it's 10 pm for me now and my parents wont let me use the computer this late but I'll send you the log.txt tommorow as soon as I get home from school. By the way I went into the volcano and the map worked normally there.

Share this comment

@Michi01 It doesn't happen on the volcano? Hmm, interesting. Thanks, I'll  keep an eye on this topic for when you post the log.

Share this comment

15 hours ago, HugoM said:

@Michi01 It doesn't happen on the volcano? Hmm, interesting. Thanks, I'll  keep an eye on this topic for when you post the log.

Alright, this is the first time I'm sending someone the log so I hope I did this right.

log.txt

Edited by Michi01

Share this comment

Weird, I just generated a new world and now the map is working again...
I don't think this is related but I deleted an old (RoG) world right before generating this one.
I tried generating a new world multiple times yesterday and the map was always broken so it wasn't a thing that only happened once...
I did go into the volcano in the last world that I generated though. I don't enough about coding to know wether this is possible or not but maybe whatever was causing this problem stopped before I went into the volcano...

Share this comment