All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

As promise,Heavy will now lay egg.
  3. Why do you play as your main?

I think it could be very useful vs Klaus, it can give you a window for attacking him when he orders the fire deer to cast the fire AOE. You can just sit in it and bash him in the face.
  4. Because I love all characters Sincerely, A "Random" main
  5. Why do you play as your main?

My main is Warly. I played most of the cast and he is the first one that made me so much better in the game, I learned so much about the game when I first started playing with him. Whats more important, playing him made me so much better at cooking with the crockpot and remembering recipes. When I played most of (most) of other cast (Wilson, Wendy, WX..etc) I always felt that their unique traits are rarely used and doesn't matter a lot, or they traits were just too linear and boring (wolf gang), of course, this is just personal taste. I used to play Wendy, used Abigail to farm some spiders and then forgot about her existence. WX, was another example for me, eating gears to boost passive states wasn't appealing to me, and the overload feature was too niche to make anything useful out of it. Warly's unique food and seasoning changes the game, both in solo and especially when playing with a friend. He's play style encourages the player to "play the game" and partake in activities. For example I find myself doing so much stuff with him, most of it that I never bothered with other characters, like farming, volt goat hunting, making non-food healing items and running in the swamps for reeds, hunting for different types of food in general, its just makes the game so much interesting and engaging for me, I find myself using recipes that I never used before in DST. He is also so rewarding, I remember my first time preparing for a dragonfly hunt (I never killed him before), making honey poultices, dragon pies, perogies, trail mixes, shadow swords, marbles suits and volt goats jelly, and with all that killing the dragon fly in spring, what a feeling that was. He is also a fantastic team player and gets even better if you play with some friends as well.
  6. numcandies = numcandies + math.random(4) + 2 Actually, you are right, since I forgot the costume candy gets added to the old candy, while I misread it as being replaced. Also, if we do the probability, it's slightly higher: no_costume_candy = math.random(2) + 2 = 50%*1 + 50% *2 + 2 = 0.5 + 1 + 2 = 3.5 expected candy costume_candy = math.random(4) + 2 = 25%*1 + 25%*2 + 25%*3 + 25%*4 + 2 = 0.25 + 0.5 + 0.75 + 1 + 2 = 4.5 expected candy So the real expected difference on average between with costume and without costume is 4.5 candy You can't get 4.5 candy of course, but the 0.5 is like a 50% of getting 1 extra or not As for not sharing insights from code without testing, I disagree on that. Freedom of expression is valuable.
  7. If you want to make pacu feeding a challenge i have a slime grower which grows slime from water in my super building extension. Otherwise if you just want to maintain a colony maybe use plants to feed your dupes?
  8. Today
  9. I enjoy playing Wicker because not having to build expensive alchemy engines every time i forget to prototype something before going on a big adventure is just golden Plus I'm always running out of inventory space, and as Wicker i can just insta make backpacks and shovels
  10. I love the "JoeW being sick of the community's sh--" meme that's been gaining traction recently. I'm definitely drawing a funny maymay of this when I get a new pen. (which may be this month)

1. LunarCat

LunarCat

you should draw everyone in Maxwell memes the sequel as toddlers and JoeW as the parent XD

2. Canis

Canis

Honestly, that's not a bad idea.

11. This wasn't true pre-rework; You couldn't heal the Werebeaver in any way besides from Wortox.
  12. Nobody: The Workshop:
  13. @GetNerfedOn's Sanctuary now has a bridge to lunar island, thanks to yours truly.
  14. Oh god what have you done she's not supposed to be on the forums nononononononononono-
  15. I play Webber because I like baddies/monsters and having minions. He has a unique niche in spider farming (although Wendy kinda treads on this a bit), and he makes what is usually a hostile entity (spider dens) a safe haven. He has a fairly balanced downside in pigs hating him, so he doesnt feel OP. Maxwell is my second, mostly because of the being the baddy and having minions.
  16. [Minespatch] Catawampus cartoon corner

I got these done over the past few days. Pretty quick jobs.
  17. Algae costs for Pacus has always been bat**** insane. Nobody in their right mind would ever farm them "properly". I just have an airlock door in the floor of my printer room that dumps all the 8fish prints into my giant water tank. With some sweepers and loaders at the bottom, I never even think about the pacus ever again.
  18. [Minespatch] Apophenia Art

Yeah, finally catching up with stuff. Don't worry, your comment still means a lot to me. It was a bit rough due to satisfying Canis but glad it both worked for you. Sorry for the wait, I've been crashing a lot this week. So yeah... Wasn't sure which direction you wanted with your request. I did this photo years ago and I wanted to draw Webber like the Target banner. I did this back in january, so kind of timely I finished it now. Hope Klei doesn't have a problem with me using the new preview image as a background thing. @Canis's Venis. It was a quick doodle that I tweaked later and fixed. You can color it if you want, Canis. Wilson react. I dunno, he's a scientist, it seems right up his alley to bicker over tiny details.
  19. Don't Starve on Switch desperately needs bug fixes before anything else. But players have been reporting the bugs in that version of the game for over a year, and they haven't been fixed. It seems unlikely to me that they're going to update the game again, unfortunately. But I hope I'm wrong.
  20. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't see the range of an Ice Flingomatic in Don't Starve other than when I first place it. Whereas, in Don't Starve Together, the range is visible anytime you go to build something or plant a tree or something similar. I often keep an Ice Flingomatic prebuilt just so I can hold it up near my built ones to check the range. It works really well in DST, being able to see its range when building/planting. I think it should be added to single player Don't Starve, too.
  21. Screenshot showcase

It's time for WormWood!Great Moon!!! Oh noooooo.... 1000 day =)
  22. 2019 nightmare fuel thread

"I'm going out for the day, need any pizza when I get back?"
  23. Count to 200 without interruption

1. Load more activity