All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Load game bug

I agree with @KittenIsAGeek. If you're determined to save-scumming until you get exactly what you want, you might as well just use sandbox to spawn it yourself. Only difference is saving yourself the time/hassle of reloading. If I am ever inclined to "break the rules", there are tools already included to let me do that. Allowing the player to endlessly refresh the results seems like a waste to me. And making the results predetermined would ruin the fun of it, in my opinion. The way it works now is only an "exploit" because people are abusing it. Acknowledging the behavior as cheating, doing it anyway, and then blaming the mechanic seems backwards to me. There is nothing in the game that makes it feel like you have to do it unlike some previous exploits. You gain no benefit from it. I get the impression that some have turned it into some kind of "gambling" even though there is no reason to. But to get back to the original point of this post, I also would like if the printer pod's results were saved (in the case of reserving a dupe for later, as mentioned.) I'd imagine this is perhaps just a problem the devs didn't foresee.
  3. A fellow user of chest items other than backpacks! I feel not using a backpack helps me manage my inventory when exploring, by mainly using the essentials. I definetely agree with this, maybe we could have a character that cannot wear chest armor at all at some point, I doubt it, but it would be cool. Wheeler is just impossible to play without a backpack, and her perks aent very good when they come at such a cost.
  4. Just an idea

I had suggested on the suggestion and feedback forum some time during the Gorge to implement the Gorge's Recipe Book interface for current in-game recipes. It would help newer players understand that there are a lot of recipes that they can make, and that the same meal can be made in different ways. It would also help experienced players like me to try eating a more diverse palate and not have to go to some third-party source to try to remember how to make certain recipes (if you can seriously remember how to make all 32 recipes - including goop - by their correct recipe requirements, then kudos to you, cause even I can't do that). It doesn't fundamentally change cooking in of itself, but would be a basic improvement over the system we currently have because there would be a proper discovery and documentation aspect that was very fun from Gorge. Personally, I would have the correct recipe requirement be part of the recipe book, like the crockpot simulator, if only for an increased accuracy when making recipes, and to remove the "first cooked by" feature. Considering that my original post has become archived, it's probably not gonna happen. This is the original recipe book, in case you're interested. And this is my very poor, incomplete attempt at doing this in paint :'(
  5. Wagstaff's nearsightedness will choose something random from STRINGS.NAMES, but if it happens to be a MERMHOUSE, which is a table, the game will crash attempting to concatenate it. See image taken from strings.lua.
  6. Yes. I said as much. We've had this discussion before, though you don't seem to remember that, or you'd know I was speaking from experience. I think you're haven't played a map without a slush geyser or other renewable source of polluted water, at least not far enough that you're relying entirely on renewable resources.
  7. I'm not sure what you're actually editing here. I'm going to assume that this code is inside an AddPrefabPostInit("livinglog", function). There are a number of problems. Your if-statements are missing their closing "end". At the bottom you're hooking up a function that you haven't shown to be there. Your two if-statements are in the wrong context. You can't just put if-statements about what happens when the food is eaten into a post-init function. Those if-statements have to be executed when the food is eaten, not when it is initialized. You're assuming that you can check the status of being a beaver on any character eating this food. Only Woodie will have the eater.isbeavermode variable. This should work (assuming your code is otherwise correct; I don't know how Woodie's tranformation works): inst:AddComponent("edible") inst.components.edible.foodtype = FOODTYPE.WOOD inst.components.edible.woodiness = 0 inst.components.edible.healthvalue = 0 inst.components.edible.hungervalue = 0 inst.components.edible:SetOnEatenFn( function(inst, eater) if eater.prefab == "woodie" and eater.isbeavermode:value() then eater:RemoveTag("beaver") eater.Network:RemoveUserFlag(USERFLAGS.CHARACTER_STATE_1) eater.isbeavermode:set(false) eater:PushEvent("stopbeaver") OnBeaverModeDirty(eater) end if eater.prefab == "woodie" and not eater.isbeavermode:value() then eater:AddTag("beaver") eater.Network:AddUserFlag(USERFLAGS.CHARACTER_STATE_1) eater.isbeavermode:set(true) eater:PushEvent("startbeaver") OnBeaverModeDirty(eater) end end)
  8. On Set Pieces

It would be clever if the devs put set pieces that have something to do with each dlc. Free advertisement and possible lore links and players' interest.
  9. so this possibly critical lore here is just gone? and none did anything about it?
  10. But then you're losing any refrigeration, and you'll get food decaying. Unless you're storing in chlorine, I guess, but I don't do that personally.
  11. If you produce you liquid hydrogen and oxygen in the surface near your rockets. Then you can just use radiant pipes. They will only leak at first while the temperature equalizeals and once they do the vacuum will maintain a perfect insulation. Is that from experience? Because from my experience it doesn't take much PW in bottles to run some deodorizers to supply your colony with oxygen and more than enough clay for ceramics.
  12. For the most part, you can do pretty much anything with ceramic. Space Insulation is nice stuff, but I've yet to run into an application where ceramic won't do the job, if less efficiently. The problem is that you can run out of clay. I did, anyway. You can make clay from polluted water and deoderizers, but you need a significant polluted water surplus. I think to set up a late game clay farm, you either need to forget about sleet wheat farming, or you need a geyser that supplies polluted water. You're clearly not running that late into the game if you're giving advice like this. The true late game is when you've used every bit of naturally occurring polluted water on the map, and you've completely dug out all the finite resources like slime and fossils.
  13. This is great feedback. @Ipsquiggle, this might be something to look at. No need to lose players after 812 cycles because they are frustrated in this way. I think you're right that the devs introduced fossils to help with this issue and steel. I was pretty annoyed that I'd have to ranch critters like a banshee when steel first came out. Fossil introduction gives us enough to start farming steel from space. Is it possible to gather reed fiber, or lots of PW, from space in large quantities, to avoid 100 cycle waits. Another option is to farm carbon dioxide in large quanties from meteors, and then convert your regular water to polluted water. @Zarquan's CO2 meteor collector (see the spoiler) can gather enough CO2 (5kg/s) that I bet you could produce reeds way faster than anyone needs.
  14. I finally got to the point where I felt I could set up a chlorine water disinfection system. I discovered, abruptly, that I'd forgotten that germ sensors require plastic. All the various systems we see here were built mid game or later, when plastic's readily available through Dreko farming if nothing else. At cycle 35 it's not. I need to look into creating a timer-based system, since I can't test if the water's sterile. I think I can probably rig one with just a single reservoir, since I don't need high throughput as yet.
  15. I use it for insulated pipe for the liquid hydrogen... for preventing LH heating and change of faze.
  16. I'm really not finding that to be the case. After putting in the additional sink I had no more problems with food poisoning. By collecting the polluted water and polluted dirt I'm keeping my air supply relatively clean. It's impossible to completely avoid pockets of polluted oxygen when you're still using terrariums for oxygen, but managing the PO2 sources is definitely helping. Also, the compost heap and germs in the dirt from the compost heap is a non-issue. It turns out that since the heap runs at 75 C, it kills off the germs pretty rapidly. The dirt I'm taking out of my heap is sterile. Another thought is that you can put a sink in front of your Great Hall, so Dupes wash their hands before eating. If I have further difficulties I'll do that.
  17. Really bad communication by klei, no specific date for the end. Most people thought YEAR of the ping king will stay over the YEAR. We have a bunch of belts which we wanted to use later on, now they're useless...
  18. ...... ...... It's so beautiful... How have I not even thought to try something like this?
  19. I'm trying to make woodie be able to use living logs as an off and on switch of his state, if he eats a living log as a beaver he turns into woodie and vice versa, but I'm not able to make it happen without crashing, I've been looking at everything related to this, event handlers because transforming is an event but how do I apply it to a eaten item? it says eater is not defined to say it's woodie who transforms if eaten. I noticed that there was only inst so I decided to replace everything with eater to see if it worked, I've stressed out options in the past by using woodie's prefab own transform bits but it doesn't work, i've read rezecibs post to understand. inst:AddComponent("edible") inst.components.edible.foodtype = FOODTYPE.WOOD inst.components.edible.woodiness = 0 inst.components.edible.healthvalue = 0 inst.components.edible.hungervalue = 0 if eater.isbeavermode:value() then eater:RemoveTag("beaver") eater.Network:RemoveUserFlag(USERFLAGS.CHARACTER_STATE_1) eater.isbeavermode:set(false) eater:PushEvent("stopbeaver") OnBeaverModeDirty(eater) if not eater.isbeavermode:value() then eater:AddTag("beaver") eater.Network:AddUserFlag(USERFLAGS.CHARACTER_STATE_1) eater.isbeavermode:set(true) eater:PushEvent("startbeaver") OnBeaverModeDirty(eater) inst.components.edible:SetOnEatenFn(oneaten)
  20. Today
  21. Dupe-A-Day!

Can I draw them all by Tuesday afternoon? Probably not! I'm going to try, though. Self-imposed challenge and all that.
  22. Actually one toilet and sink per bathroom already is the best way to build, as you minimise dupe travel time while toileting.
  23. During the balloon crash scene, if you went frame by frame you could see a number of symbols and numbers that appeared. We asked the devs if it was a puzzle and got some non-committal answer (I think JoeW said something to the effect of "I'm sorry the dev you are trying to reach is unavailable").
  24. It was based on clues in the Hamlet E3 trailer. There was some talk of it in the E3 thread, along with a link for the puzzle thread that is now inaccessible to me. I don't think it exists anymore. It had something to do with letters or numbers in the trailer or something, but it didn't look much like the start of a puzzle to me so I didn't pay much attention to it. Now I'm kinda sad the thread is gone.
  25. Just an idea

add various types of cooking station will be really complicated and confusing but the way crockpot works in george would be nice to add it in imagine you can speed up cooking your meal with adding more fuel, not just waiting...for so long time at the cost of fueling
  1. Load more activity