All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Slingshot remains relevant. If you are just using the slingshot for everything then it can be troublesome but using it mixed with melee feels natural and fun. Example klaus' first phase its easy to kite melee but second phase with lunge is harder if you dont have any speed boosts. As Walter i melee him down to second phase then finish off with slingshot. I hate exploits, slingshot is not a cheese, its very fairly balanced right now. You can have easy fights with it at the cost of time and ammo. Fair trade. However it wouldnt take much buffing for the slingshot to go from a niche but fun utility tool working alongside melee, to straight up OP. Walter is my main but i really dont want his skilltree being all about his slingshot. Klei needs to focus more on Walter and Wobys relationship with any buffs to the slingshot being a connected skill to be used alongside big woby. Klei needs to give big woby powerful mounted skills to make it so no walter player would ever want to replace her with a beefalo at any stage of the game, early or very late.
  3. It seems like every time I get the “Which save type do you want to use?” I always find that Cloud Data always says 0.01KB with an incorrect date, choosing that would obviously cause your data on your console to get wiped and everything gets deleted. Here is one example: The only way I seen this case happen is when you unplug your Xbox while running/playing the game or when restarting your Xbox while the save icon is indicated. Either way, if you get this message, always choose console to avoid your data being wiped. I’ve never found any problems using quick resume on this game, nor do I either get the “Which save type do you want to choose?” Message.
  4. It doesn't matter. You can use moon base (that thing in the forest) to summon werepigs. So they never gonna get extinct
  5. Noone is forgetting. It's just not relevant once you learn how to fight these mobs. Also, I'm surprised the guy who hates cheese loves the slighshot
  6. Today
  7. Yeah, I hate starvation ranching, feels exploity, I usually go with plants and have no problems. But i dont go for all achievements colonies.
  8. Hello, I was wondering if there players out there who don't intentionally let their critters strave and drown them after they reached adulthood. There are many ways to play the game but if I read about beginner's question on reddit there's usually at least one post that implies a meat farm is necessary (is that the case on the hardest difficulty or for the archievements?) This isn't a meta question but what about make them happy, domestic them for their non-meat products and let the dupes eat the eggs. The dropped meat after they die a happy death is just a useful by-product. Butchering them when a famine happens is an ok and a dupe live is more important than a critter live.
  9. I am aware. These are 14.9kg and 20kg packets in about 500kg of water each.
  10. This is one of the moments that I think I agree that we need a tweak in power, specifically on the torch side. We need torches having atleast 3 more perks to go along with it to be able to stay balanced. Don't make it better than a lantern or buff it a lot, just make it so torches can be used in plenty of different areas of the game rather than just tossing it on the ground which was something a lantern could already do.
  11. As a torch tree enjoyer. Gonna have to disagree. The only useful bit of the transmulation tree is the gem branch to get early iridesence gem and the only useful bit of the beard tree is boosted insulation. Beard storage is meh because you have to wait for the beard to grow and i wont always have a full beard in the end of spring/summer for example. This leaves only the torch tree to invest in. In all its glory! I never have to worry about long shard transitions for bulbs, can quickly and cheaply throw torches around to makeshift nighttime or cave battle arenas. Torch branch is the perfect branch for new players to invest in or for joining late to a pub server or starting a new world. Wilson also has zero character gimmicks to learn as all his skills and perks are passive or crafting resources. With Maxwell you have to learn all his mechanics and how they operate... ewww no thanks! For people looking the true vanilla DST experience , Wilson is the truest experience for new and old players without all the needless and distracting faff that most other characters come with.
  12. Aye but everyone is forgetting how safe using the slingshot is compared to fighting in melee. As long as you have the rounds the majority of bosses cant touch you. Klaus wrecked, bee queen wrecked if you have cane+mag, deerclops wrecked, bearger wrecked, moose/goose wrecked, CC phase 3 wrecked as it becomes so ridiculously easy with Walter and slow down rounds help with phase 2 alot, antlion wrecked outside her sand pillars. Regular mobs like tentacles, pigs, big tentacles, slowly kite vargs to death without worrying too much about their hounds, ewecus, brightshades, the shadow rift trio all die very easily to the slingshot the balance is total fight time being longer and the cost of round manufacture. One of these downsides needs to stay. So if the slingshot gets skills to shoot faster, then amount of ammo per craft cant get buffed. If ammo per craft get buffed then firerate cant change. Damage of standard early game rounds shouldnt increase either. If slingshot damage is to increase it should be from a late game planar round only.
  13. I suspect that Walter will receive something akin to Woodie in which the tree serves to buff up his primary perks to be more useful rather than being comprised of random doodads like Wigfrid. I have... mixed feelings about this sort of arrangement personally. I think on one hand its probably better if the baseline perks for a character are good without a skill tree, but I also recognise that this attitude is born in part from me seeing skill trees as "extra" content. But eventually every character will have a skill tree and skill trees will simply be a part of the game. And at that point its less the character being weak and more the character starting off weaker but having a "better" skill tree. Which is really just a kind of character downside. I think the main concern is that it relies on the trees for the "worse" characters being disproportionately good to the point where they are on par with "better" characters who also have their tree. And the issue there is that Klei hasn't really buffed Woodie or Wilson or even really Willow to the level of power offered by someone like Maxwell or Wicker or Wanda. Wilson's tree is four perks that take up three slots each + a bunch of crafts, Woodie's is pick 1 wereform to make pretty good except Werebeaver is still kind of below average, Goose is heavily RNG based and only useful very early on so really it's just Moose. I really would prefer it if Klei put more effort into the baseline versions of characters, especially when the baseline perk is an item. Wigfrid's songs have been a pretty ergregious victim of skill trees being the way they are and I could easily see Walter's slingshot ammo going the same way.
  14. Basically, as the title said. When I first heard of his skill tree, I thought, "Hey, this could be interesting." Especially after the (good) riot of Maxwell's rework. What a load of lies it was. 15 points to spend out of 25 perks that can be gotten seems pretty reasonable. But why the hell one has to spend the damn 7 points for a discount lantern? AND ONLY TO TORCHES??? Was it any wonder why most Wilson players just choose the full transmutation tree, either of the beard perks and storage, then either affinity? Because that's how much the torch tree sucks. It may as well not exist and it won't even change a thing. Like, ugh. Willow literally gets a discount Star Caller's light at basically no cost from her lighter perks and tons of embers. How does one correlate a lighter to a fireball? Who the hell knows. The other parts of Wilson's skill tree is fine in my opinion. I enjoy the full transmutation tree and the beard storage perk. I just wish for the torch tree to be either condensed/reworked or even abolished entirely. Even a medic Wilson has more basis in the storyline and Klei didn't even focus on that, which is an absolute stinker. Anyway, rant's over. Happy birthday, Wilson Percival Higgsbury. Here's hoping that you will get better treatment soon.
  15. Too weak. Make it that the armour can only be repaired once but has max efficency.
  16. If the repair function is sololy locked behind winona it would be good. Skilltrees all sort of act like tutorials for the game's mechanics. Winona needs a powerful ability that only she can do. I would think the repair mechanic should be simple to start with. You have to repair gear before it breaks like the shield of terror and thats that. However further down the skill tree it would be cool to upgrade lower tier weapons/armour to dark sword or even planar weapon strength. That way you can use a spear for its skins in the late game. Or upgrading the morning star to do planar damage or upgrading the three tail whip to do proper consistent AoE damage.
  17. Hello everyone, I completed all achievements in 237 cycles in space out DLC. It was a real journey and I am happy with the results. Try to break the record, I will be watching. I documented my journey on YT: No mods exept DGSM - Duplicants Generation Settings Manager // by Ony for the first 3 dupes Good luck!
  1. Load more activity