All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

Low quality, but that thread is really getting out of hand...
  3. Wurt

One day,someone will find this topic again... and start laughing at us for not knowing the appearance of Wurt,for complaining about Hallowed Nights and for hyping an animated short. THEY PINNED THE FREAKING GAME UPDATE POST BECAUSE OF US,I REALLY CANT BELIEVE IT !!
  4. The Obligatory Forum Upgrade Thread

Klei, I broke your forums. Send help please. @ImDaMisterL @Ipsquiggle I don't know who else to tell my issues to. I promise they are valid ones, however not everyone has this problem. Some might say I dream too big.
  5. Aw shucks, what about the WeS skiNs i KePt gEtTinG?!
  6. He's not my 100% main... but sometimes, he's fun to play:
  7. Concept idea: Shields

Your mechanic about positioning to guard other players is interesting and I agree with the system of being pushed back after blocking melee attacks and completely negating enemy ranged damage. Shields would be great because quite frankly, the current kiting system of hitting mob x times exactly before stepping away is lame. Veteran players have grown far too comfortable with it, enough that they'd never want it changed nor can they see the problem with it. I'd go a step further with adding a proper dodging mechanic in addition to blocking. We can see the beginnings of these in Wheeler and Blacksmith's Edge. Though Wheeler in Hamlet has a dodge it's broken in the current state. A proper dodging mechanic must have a pause at the end of the action to keep it from becoming a speed meta. In other words instead of being used to evade an attack it is used constantly by players as the preferred method of travel. You can see this in many different games as players idiotically roll to cover ground faster than running or sprinting. As for blocking the forge block mechanic was better done, though in my opinion the right click and then left click in a direction was too clunky to use and should've just been right click in a direction to activate block stance. It also doesn't simulate a shield either. To clarify on the above; blocking with a weapon is different than blocking with a shield. Holding up a weapon in front of you hoping the attack crosses its field means your blocking is predictable like a stationary object and not likely to work. When it does work it's closer to a parry which is intercepting the attack with your own. That's the only reason the defensive stance is up for only a moment. Blocking with a shield is a more effective defense. Holding it up covers much of your body and so you are able to hold it up in front of you bracing for the blow wherever it may come from. Therefore I think the shield block should last as long as the person wants it to. Holding rmb raises your shield, releasing rmb lowers it. Though it serves no purpose to do so indefinitely as you'd damage your equipment for nothing and likely to lose agro to someone else who becomes more of a threat. Let players decide when the time is to raise and lower the shield. I think it should be in an offhand slot as well. Swapping gear to block and attack sounds like what a mod would do and not a polished game.
  8. I need help with the forum itself

I've also thought about breaking up the uni into smaller chunks to make editing easier within the forum, but it's able to be rendered just fine after the edits which is why I'm conflicted on that. I'm gonna ask for more help on the services thread too to see if changes can be made for the better. I'm hoping other people will like these suggested features as well. This should reduce overhead while editing imo. Multiple user permissions to edit original posts in threads - Wiki like, I know Active spoilers in the editing window - The editing window should look similar to what is rendered imo which would make the preview function obsolete or a very specific use case at that point Option to disable link-previews while editing - For those of us who don't need previews to edit I don't really use the preview function (not to be confused with link-preview) because it rarely helps me at all with editing. Can someone explain to me a use case for it that does not involve the spoiler function. Also, what is the code option for. I have no idea what to use it for, can I get examples please. I'm still looking into wiki, but the forum does almost everything I want it to do. It's so close yet so far.
  9. Wurt

Yup,19 pages,yeah. Nice work,guys.
  10. Wurt

Yeah I agree, I'm just saying part of the blame is on us. Honestly, I'm just glad we almost have an actual release date.
  11. Wurt

I wouldn't say so, getting excited is a natural thing! They could have let the thread know it wasn't coming today, since a lot was pointing to it ... actually coming today. I also don't think a little news would have hurt. I mean surely any updates or character information is pretty much finalized at this point right? Also kind of lame how they did it on Twitter and not here! Some people probably still don't know.
  12. Im mad with this update... Wes was remove from the game ;-; But...but..he's my main
  13. Wurt

It was kinda fun though, loved seeing an extremely active thread.
  14. To celebrate one of our most beloved times of the year,we came to tell you guys about the new update !!! The new update will be live on 31 of December,we had a little problem with the gameplay and balancing but now it’s all right !!! Winter’s Feast will be delayed to January 10 until February 1 due to rearrange in the schedule. And Year of the Carrat is going live mid June. Major Changes includes : •Wes was removed from the game. •Pumpkins now have the same effect as mandrake soup. •Webber is confirmed to be a 9 year old. •Wortox is getting a Maxwell skin. •Darkness now kills everyone instantly. •Wigfrid can eat non-meat itens. STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES NEXT WEEK And if you didn't liked the post here are some memes so you can laught a little : (This post is just a joke and should be treated as such,I’m REALLY disappointed for not having a Halloween update yet but whatever,this is just a way to release my sadness ;-;)
  15. Wurt

I'm gonna be honest, we kinda set ourselves up for disaster. I know there were a lot of things pointing at Wurt being released today, but we got way too hyped. I'm sure they'll release him when they release the short, and I'm excited to least have a more specific release time.
  16. Mine could be scaled down, you can make it narrower and decrease the output but if you mess with the height, the efficiency comes down, meaning more heating and more cooling needed. Pre-space you have to get the most out of heat exchange between the gas, the input, and the output, and it takes a lot of room to do that effectively. (It helps to do this with supercoolant too, but it's far easier when you can put the gas into pipes.) Hm actually you could use steel pumps after the oil stage and pick up the gas, put it into radiant pipes, and make like half of the tower collapse, I'll tinker with that... It'll cost 1.5kW of power for the pumps, but if the whole thing gets a lot smaller, it'll be worth it. Gold amalgam would work too after the top turbines.
  17. Wurt

But still in war with pig
  18. Wurt

Fun fact about Merms:They aren't monsters,they're just agressive af like Tallbirds. This means the new character won't be a monster.
  19. Wurt

Me, back from the Macdonald's just after 5 hours :
  20. Y'know I like to think that Klei has changed when it comes to dst. They've already proven to understand what we expect from characters (compare original Winona's perks to Wortox's ones) etc. And by looking at the fact that they've decided to change background ocean into a playable area, I also want to believe that they're ready to add these changes that we're being suggested since NR into the game.
  21. Today
  22. Wurt

I suppose so. I'm just not so optimistic. It might just be a fail-safe on Klei's part. If it gets delayed then it's just "news", but if all goes well it's a release. Who knows.
  23. Does anyone have any pre-space sour gas boiler builds like...an eighth the size? Everyone's builds are always soo huge and run soo many generators, they're way overkill for my needs. Problem is they all seem to be hyper tuned to their specific flow rates and such, so it doesn't seem like they can be and scaled down.
  24. Wurt

”This is unacceptable“ -Medic We literally discussed in this topic for more than 9 pages and not even one admin came to tell us about the update(not even a single “nah dude,not today”). Im creating a joke post about the update right now and I hope to not get banned ;-;
  25. Wurt

I think we've just been saying "news" so much we've forgotten it isn't just information. I might be wrong, but I assume they meant a release.
  26. I may not have watched the video until just now, my b
  1. Load more activity