All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. that's because you heat up much more quickly if you're at a low temperature if the environment's temperature is below 35, heating up shouldn't require that much more time even when it's above 35 though, assuming that you went away right after you started freezing
  3. Today I tried this (from the detailed fix that you described) and sadly, my worlds didn't get restored however, I think that this is because I pressed "Accept" on the EULA already when it popped up on April 1st. Essentially I think that my data was already lost when I accepted the EULA and tried troubleshooting by restarting multiple times and stuff. This being said however, I strongly think that this fix would be very useful for anyone who has the EULA to occur or pop up but for those who have NOT pressed "Accept" on the EULA yet. I'll be sure to pass this on to others so that they won't get their worlds wiped if the EULA shows up for them. Thank you for sharing this. Though this is something that can be done to solve the issue when it occurs, I still think that players shouldn't have to go through this process to prevent their worlds from getting wiped if this bug with the EULA gets fixed. This issue with the EULA has occurred before in the past in which I remember one user saying the EULA popped up every single time he launched DST so, in regards to this fix, this would be very tedious to do every single time for his case. Thanks again for the info!
  4. Ah yes, a pocket (lunar aligned) willow. -just a tool that lets you scoop up fish that are close enough to you without any fuss.
  5. When placing a structure, a validation check for spacing is not performed upon performing the build action which can allow you to stack structures together like this: The main reason I report this is for mod compatibility purposes/futureproofing purposes. Some mods have unique structures that can be placed on water, but due to the scenario of a boat moving onto the position the player chose to build the structure and lack of validation, can have the structure inside of the boats physics box causing some wacky shenanigans. This can be fixed on the mods end, but I figured it may be better for it to be officially patched in the case the vanilla game does something akin to this (Or some other weird bugs from being able to place structures within each other happens)
  6. Today
  7. Yes, definitely. And building a large stock to feed that cyber-tree. I do find that berry-sludge is also pretty easy to do wild-planted and that the morale-bonus is completely enough for my playstyle. One effect is that I can do missions to other asteroids that lasts a few hundred cycles without managing food at all. Just dump a few 1'000'000 kcal into the rocket and forget about it.
  8. Ok, lets assume that most surface bosses have a lunar form thanks to that vitamin L. Antlion is lodged into the ground, so how about the ability to terraform the earth (ocean to ground, ground to ocean: maximum vanity), though for a thrifty cost? Dragonfly is 67% fire so how about a lunar flamethrower? (Similar to the lunar varg's stink breath) Bee queen is healthy, so how about a pacemaker that increases speed DRASTICALLY corresponding to sanity or health loss? (Chest slot, speed increase due to irregular heart beat) Moosegoose is weather based, so how about the ability to controll moon storms appearing from the comfort of your home, for a thrifty cost? The bosses wouldnt drop the blueprints, you just gotta fight em all so that wagstaff gives you the spark arks. If i forgot a boss then that's caused by them being forgettable!
  9. early beta is a massive hyperbole. there's new islands, fish, mobs, bosses, food, biomes, and more. it's crazy to expect even this much from an early beta. also there's no need to maintain ships, you literally need to do nothing if you play right and safe, and it's clear the new style for dst is to maintain and build boats on land, though i don't necessarily disagree with being able to build ships on sea. i don't think your changes would be bad but your exaggerating the how empty the ocean is and downplaying how much content is added to it. and they're all free major updates. i don't know about the last event unless you're talking about the update that made boats faster. it's fine if you don't enjoy the ocean but i feel that you're not acknowledging all the major progress that klei has made to the ocean. And for my own questions for this thread, Will there ever be plans to improve console in regards to things like the fuelwever fight, items like lazy explorer/weather pain, or wortox feeling like half the character? My biggest grievance isn't even all of those; it's geometric placement or being able to place things symmetrically. it doesn't need to be geometric placement itself but a way to place structures with symmetry and proper alignment. also, did any of these get reworked recently? like within a year? I heard weather pain got reworked but i can't find any patch notes or anything.
  10. No, and I did a few tests before writing this as well to make sure I understood the mechanic. Usually getting near heat sources while being below 0 gets you to non lethal temperature instantly. But the furnace did this only in ice crystalizer range during summer.
  11. i agree with this, i wish it was just a smolder proof zone for non oasis bases. Right now the only way to have a comfortable megabase is in oasis or knobbly trees which is not very good options for alot of worlds Sure you can make it rain all summer but it gets very annoying to keep turning on I doubt many people even make the ice crystalleyzer because of how bad the freezing is
  12. Ok, forget all I said then. Give me year around walruses instead (because I'm Wanda).
  13. In the very first playtest the Mother Treek had it's own set of themed weapons with a skill that allowed you to bring up roots to damage enemies, you were able to time and use this skill while attacking which lead to really fun combos with spawning a bunch of roots when doing the multi jab with the spear and similar: Root.mp4 This was so incredibly enjoyable to play with! So I'm wondering if we might see a return to these equipments? Thank you for the wonderful game! The combat system is really rewarding and fun to play with and the game's only gotten better.
  14. The reason it's upsides work is due to the fact world temperature inside the area changes. You're getting the ability to place a little mini Winter essentially with upsides and downsides. I think this is such an amazing direction to take the game in, with all the reality warping junk being able to activate/affect world states in an area is flipping awesome! The problem is you don't even get the full benefit of Winter! It's lackluster, you get the main downside with very little upsides. I've mentioned this many times on these forums but the ice crystaleyezer will always feel very lackluster for that reason of not fully activating proper winter effects and only the temperature related ones. It's really unfortunate because while I would say this is the worse of the three items, I genuinely think it's the most creative of the three. Bearger Bin and Howlitzer are rehashes of past item concepts(Not a bad thing to be clear! But that's what they are) while the Ice Crystaleyezer genuinely tries something new. I suppose for it to be a good item and if they don't want to put more effort in making it a full winter simulator, then I would be OK with the local temperature being adjusted to above 0 (You would still get prevention of withering and farm plot drying prevention, No slower spoilage on perishables though). But I'd really really really would like this to be a last ditch effort. About thermal stones, they're unfortunately bugged! They don't properly take into account local temperature and instead use the proper world temperature in one of their calculations. As for you taking forever to heat up you likely had some summer insulation which was slowing you from heating up.
  15. pretty sure that it doesn't work like that since i remember freezing because of a mooncaller star and temperature going above 0 after a few seconds, were you using something with summer insulation?
  16. Klei said on the last beta stream that they were going to work on the ocean content. They didn't specify what or how much work. Don't know what else to tell you. You can also stay on your boat indefinitely by the way. You can get silk from spiders on waterlogged biomes for masts if you want them so bad Pirates give you tree fertilizer which also works as boat patches. Wood can be gathered at waterlogged biomes or from random planks Stones from sea stacks Gold... Idk, but to be fair shipwrecked lacked gold too
  17. I farm spitter spiders army by smashing ancient altar and then repairing it. I burn drying racks on pubs to get instant jerky. I play pvp servers because killing fresh players allows me to get resources I don't want to farm myself.
  18. So, here is something I had to learn the hard way by dying multiple times (because I'm Wanda). Ice crystalizer makes you freeze to death, and the only way to save yourself is to have a furnace INSIDE the range of ice crystalizer. Mine was outside and I had no idea this game's temperature mechanics are weird like that. Standing for half a minute near 2 furnaces did not help, pulling out all 4 thermals did not help either. I took damage for half a minute until I died. Thermal stone will protect you from ice crystalizer, but only in spring and winter. It does not help in summer or autumn. I'm not a programmer so I don't really get why the temperature works the way it does, but I get the impression this is some kind of simple code that was made assuming noone will freeze in summer. And it got me wondering why even make a late game structure have an annoying downside like this, if the game is not designed to make players freeze in summer? Is it my fault that I didn't understand how furnace and crystalizer work? Game does not have a temperature meter, and I just don't see the logic in furnace working only when placed a specific way. I think this downside needs to go. Summer is the most annoying season and yet the item that is meant to fix that is also annoying.
  19. We play this game on the couch with the TV further away. It is a large TV, but most fonts and most UI elements we have difficulty parsing because they are too small. Perhaps our eyesight is not 100% perfect either, but when we play other games we do not have the same problem. It would be a great if there are options to scale up the whole ui or at least scale up the font size.
  20. Return of Them started in 2019 it is now 2024.. it has been 5 years since Klei added an Ocean into this game & yet it still feels like it’s in early beta. I am not asking for Shipwrecked boats, I am asking for shipwrecked presentation- as in being able to reliably find & maintain boat resources while out at sea &/Or on other Islands scattered about at sea. Like I said the player could find cloth for masts while out at sea in Shipwrecked from wrecked boats and stuff, so having to return back to dry land wasn’t required. What really gets on my nerves is it’s an easy fix for DST… Return Moon Quay pirates to their original raiding frequencies but allow players to obtain boating resources from their boats. (As in having masts that can be hammered down and placed on your own boat…) Or better yet they’re pirate monkeys yeah? Where’s their treasure chest I can raid off their boats? Klei instead choose to bury this mechanic like a sunken treasure.. Five Years I have patiently waited for more fleshed out & meaningful content updates.. & yet the game truly seems to be going nowhere.. And what stings the worst is that THEY KNOW HOW BAD IT SUCKS because they created an Entire year of event exclusively around giving the player cheaper boats….
  21. Besides the main appeals like pearl's quest, lunar island, CK, and Moon quay? It's side content that you can explore at your own pace that is there to fill the emptiness with some nice sidegrades like saltboxes and tall trees and fun activities like fishing. This would be nice, not necesarily silk, but boons around the ocean would be a nice change, kind of how you can find boards. *Shrug* Besides finishing character skilltrees to address their problems and bring them all to a relatively equal power level? I guess they'll continue delivering late-game content updates, while also tackling the issue of new player retention? To have new equipment that is more appealing and stronger than pre-rift content for new enemies, while keeping it balanced for old enemies (we don't want a terraria situation where you're one-shotting hounds with post rift weaponry) The small pool of planar enemies will grow with time as they released these updates, and the focus and variety of planar dmg on skill trees and equipment will make more sense. Last content arc took 2 years and this one will probably last the same if not more. Patience is key. I'll take whatever they give us. But I do hope next update is more heavily focused on content rather than QOLs. As a megabaser I loved last update, but I can see it had barely any content for the rest of the players.
  22. The planar damage as a whole is there to add some breathing room for new "stronger items", as without it, it would be impossible to make better items. Shadow and lunar affinity are there to give you a sense of agency on what happens on your world. You can't have new Items without having new ways to have the new Items. Scrap itself is kinda old, but they used this chance to update the CC summon requirements as well as the junk spawn, the funny werepig boss is a great example of what I explained, it drops two items that are considered really bad because by the time you obtain them, you have better things overall (you don't need to explore the map as much, nor need the funny hat, now that you have dreadstone gear). The best thing form the boss fight is the blueprints after CC and the repair kit for the roomba. It will drag untill the end of times, since as soon as they finish this one, they will start a new arc. I disagree with both statements. Then why do you ask? nothing really, I just live on the forums and eat the hatred from the latest update that people are complaining about.
  23. You don't need any twigs, grass, silk, etc from the sea to maintain your boat. As long as you don't ram it into something or don't attacked unexpectedly on sea your boat can last indefinitely. And you should honestly be prepared with boat patches and other items if you're sailing. Just make the boat and its materials on land or make a grass boat if you're in a rush or don't want to maintain a boat. This could just be me but I never felt the intended way to sail was to use a naked boat and find the resources on the sea. The ocean still feels empty but it's getting a lot bigger with almost every update. While it still needs adjustments, there's plenty of reasons to go out and explore. Also while I can't say for certain why they didn't go with the SW route, I think it's because: - Klei wanted to differentiate the two games. - Ship wrecked's sailing doesn't work for multiplayer. I'd honestly just wait for Klei to carry out its post return of them arc. It's only been around a year from my knowledge and the bigger picture will be more clear but only time will tell. This is how a lot of recent content arcs are like and I'm sorry to say that we'll all probably have to be patient. also there's spiders in waterlogged but i wouldn't rely on them. and to elaborate on shipwrecked the boats work well for singleplayer but may have not felt like actual boats, more so a way to walk on water. With DST's boats, as flawed as they are, they allow for multipleplayers to operate or help steer the boat. With the way shipwrecked's boats fundamentally work it'd be harder to allow other players to interact with the boat. i'm not saying it couldn't have worked but there are clear flaws.
  24. Yes, you can toggle it on or off like a lantern. Usually the miner hat will be automatically turned off when on the ground. Oh, I will admit I had a hard time thinking what really suits the Wagstaff connection Wilson seems to have right now. But I also find the crestfallen look Wilson had after realizing the radio's actual secret in Interference was very interesting. So maybe that's why his lunar perk seems a bit lame compared to others. (And that most skill trees favor lunar affinity anyway. I'd like to have someone whose shadow affinity is considered better than lunar for once. ) Oh yes, it's basically just a torch that gives blue cold fire instead lol. I find the endothermic campfire pretty restricting since one gotta make sure the fire seems worth the cost of placing it down. Even with the watering can/ice box trick, I think people would like it more if you can have a personal cold fire starter that you can bring along everywhere without having to spend tons of nitre especially when roaming/sailing around the surface during summer. More options for cooling down on-the-go in summer is always welcomed in my opinion.
  1. Load more activity