All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Couldn't be more wrong. Survival games typically involve strategies around building structures, including exploiting them to manage combat. The difference between a survival and an adventure game is that in an adventure game you're supposed to tackle everything with combat where a survival game would open the door for more options. This new content is all more fitting for Rotwood or Forge than it is for DST. For over 8 years DST has played this way, why does it need to change now? This stuff is destroying what made DST a unique option among its competitors. I'll throw out - this is a good idea. The death screen would be a great point to break the immersion with a re-cap dumping a bit of exposition. A few cute illustrations to go with some text about darkness, starving, freezing, monster that dealt damage, whatever killed them could make the experience a lot more positive and feel good. The thing I'm worried about though is the whole "reward them for dying." Some spools or a skin? That is probably okay. Meta progression is a bad direction though. DST is one of the few flat progression games out there, pls Klei quit selling out everything that makes DST unique just to try and fit in with the popular crowd!
  3. Today
  4. I like using depth worms to farm grass and twigs, it's not a very efficient farm(compared to lureplants), but passive, and it needs to be loaded to work, but it's fun and just something I randomly discovered. Just leave your worm wave in those grass rich areas in the caves, kill them after a few hundred days and you get 10-15 stacks of grass.
  5. Respectable crafting recipies for each item & structure : (Most of these are also based on the beatifull artwork) Swamp armor : 1 grass suit / 4 hounds teeth / 1 tentacle spot “Home is where the swamp is” Book : 2 papyrus / 12 reeds / 2 tentacle spots “The tale of a big vegetable” Book : 2 papyrus / 1 bucket of poop / 4 durian ”The story of a large pond” Book : 2 papyrus / 1 rainy day lure / 4 fish “The history of mermaids” Book : 2 papyrus / 2 fish / 1 mandrake Reading chair : 2 living logs / 20 reeds / 4 boards Merm plowers house : 4 boards / 1 garden digamajig / 1 bucket of poop Merm fishers house : 4 boards / 2 rainy day lures / 2 fishing rods Merm tent with darts : 12 silk / 4 blow darts / 1 tentacle spot Tent of the wandering merm : 12 silk / 1 walking cane / 15 reeds Every stage of the “Idol of the Forgotten God” will act as 5-10% armor (max 30% at stage 3) The idol of the Forgotten God (stage 1/3) : 4 cut stone / 10 reeds The idol of the Forgotten God (stage 2/3) : 5 marble / 10 beefalo wool / 10 logs The idol of the Forgotten God (stage 3/3) : 1 thulecite / 1 moon rock (The stages will work just like the incomplete experiment or the lamb idol structures) If you have any questions as to why some recipies are the way they are or have any suggestions, pls tell me
  6. I’m glad that it is a slightly different setup. I generally try to preserve the biomes without wiping them completely. Feel free to share a screenshot of your base : ), and thank you for running the test. With no add-ons, I'm getting around 45 fps at 1x and 25 fps at 3x. I think I'll wait a bit longer for the next generation. The 7800 is incredibly powerful, but it has been over a year now.
  7. I've actually been considering making a video entirely on that subject. Gonna try and remember a few off the top of my head. -Cave basing. Not SUPER unusual, but and excellent choice in my opinion for anyone that isn't named Wurt or Wes. -Fist Full of Jam. Spend a day or so on your first winter racking up stacks of ice and you'll never go hungry again. And doing it this way allows you to use the meat for other things like Pierogi and Jerky. -Tail O' Three Cats. Not only does hunting the tail accrue a lot of naughtiness very fast, but the whip itself is actually really useful as a sidearm. Excellent for shadow creatures, safe kiting of low-health mobs, and can be used to stunlock Slurtles for a free kill. -Rush Lunar Islands. Ruins is good for making stuff to fight and progress with; Lunar Islands will basically get you set for life on food, and both Glass Axes and Glass Cutters can be produced by the boatload and work a treat.for pretty much anything you'd want to use them on. Yes, Glass Cutters break easily, but they're also dirt cheap to stock up on, so it barely matters. And for Wes, Lunar Islands are the absolute ideal home to set up a perma base. Oh, and someone else mentioned it, but keeping a Misshapen Bird/Moonblind Crow as a pet is exceptionally useful.
  8. When riding a beefalo, dropping a scorching sunfish can work as a bootleg fire staff.
  9. So I just got an interesting idea for a simple build and decided to share it: meet pipe free infinite liquid storage (well, almost pipe free since atmosuit dock requires some oxygen to work), or compacto. Though if you want you can easily add additional stuff (like pumps,oil covered vents etc) by rotating doors on the left side of it and expanding the pool there.
  10. 游戏中制作的地图可以阅读,阅读完消耗脑残和饥饿值 ,玩家花一定时间记住,脑残越多记越快,百分百后完成。 把地图记住后,就出现小地图,小地图可以关闭和遗忘选项。就可以方便玩家看地图了,就不用一直打开大地图。
  11. i've done minimal gear FW multiple times and i still don't want klei to remove cheese because some people don't like fighting the boss and them removing cheese might mean that they'll remove voidwalking so fighting FW'll require finding atrium normally which is entirely RNG and unfun that's a problem with people talking about stuff that they have no clue about, 1st few results are also usually cheeseless if you search for something like "dst fuelweaver guide/fight"
  12. I see that the big problem with the different exploids in the game is Klei's passive stance. Klei leaves the exploids for years without doing anything. Then content creators, realizing this tolerant stance, tell new players that the only way to face a boss is to use an exploid. This ends up being the only reference for new players who never even try to execute the mechanics planned by the developers. And what impresses me even more are members of this Forum with 1k to 5k registered messages. They have plenty of time to complain that they can no longer use cheese against AF, which is by far Klei's smartest combat dynamic, but they don't make the slightest effort to learn the boss's mechanics.
  13. Hehehe, looks veeerry different from my set-up Ok, here is what I see (Steam FPS counter): 1x: 60 FPS (at limit) normal max zoom, centered on printing pod 24 FPS max zoom (whole starting asteroid in view) 3x: 45 FPS normal max zoom, centered on printing pod 18 FPS max zoom (whole starting asteroid in view) In 3x I saw 2 micro-stutters (1/2 sec) in one cycle, about 1/2 cycle from each other. I saw none in the next cycle. This is without your add-ons, just plain base ONI.
  14. that's why nothing's automated still, although it should be, i doubt that anyone has fun cooking stuff on campfires/in crock pots source? exact percentage/some sort of announcement about the end of that survey? with your logic all hard games shouldn't exist, most old bosses aren't even hard to fight if you figure out how to counter them, but average DST player doesn't think and thinks that fighting toadstool using a ham bat is impossible, even though you can drop it onto the ground before dropping the spore bomb off to avoid it spoiling then explain to players that they need to think about how to counter bosses instead of trying to kill them by only using a weapon and attack and movement controls instead of trying to dumb bosses down so they only require that? entirely unrelated to old bosses also unless dying nearby them'll give you info about items that counter their mechanics existing e.g. bramble husk/abigail/pan flute/lunar fire/shadow prison/shadow sneak in case of BQ the most boring part of the game, i never do lunar questline because it's filled with boring crap like that that's just baby mode dark souls without the need to think or do hard to execute dodges, so they end up being nothing, simply an absurdly boring thing that anyone can kill after 1-2 attempts that just ends up being a boring waste of time after you kill it once because there's also no way to make it harder because even killing it using fist won't be hard, just absurdly time consuming and boring
  15. It's your CPU I had the same issue. Intel borked something. Reducing the multiplier in the BIOS or with Intel's XTU tool stabilized my system. You can find a lot about it on reddit.
  16. DST is a survival game not some sort of automation simulator. DST was never built around using bugs to automate bosses, DST is just so ridiculously difficult for new players that everyone gravitates towards using exploits for the harder bosses. Which is a clear sign for Klei to rework those bosses. Klei themselves have admitted that DST is the hardest survival game out there right now. And it 100% is. They somehow need to emphasis the importance of wearing armour and give abit more instruction about how things work. The scrapbook is not great at explaining stuff. And Klei should reward dying in DST like in solo Dont starve by giving some unique spools for unique skins unrelated to current spool/skin pool. Also if you die, the game to explain in a pop up why you died so for example if i died by a bunnyman; maybe a small explanation of how bunnymen hate people carrying meat, herd mentality, their attack and hp, and some brief strategies on how to deal with them. Current new content is great, Lunar bosses are very fun to fight. Right level of reward for learning the fight and danger if you mess it up. Edit: reward dying as in reward full server reset after death countdown.
  17. It's a plant that's always in water. It exists in water. It's made of mostly water. Why should it smolder? It makes little sense and renewing it isn't easy either. Rather near impossible to renew.
  18. You'd have to mess with three files (i think). builder, builder_replica, and recipe.lua for builder (and builder replica, builder_replica is client sided info while builder itself is for the server) you'd want to mess with Builder:RemoveIngredients (careful, RemoveIngredients isnt in the replica!) and Builder:HasCharacterIngredient for dealing with the UI half of the component your using to craft with (in this case hunger) then in recipe.lua you'd want to mess with the function IsCharacterIngredient (not too sure about this one. it might be overkill messing with the recipe.lua itself so try just messing with the builder and builder_replica and test them on their own before you mess with recipe.lua) im not too sure on specifics because i'm trying to find how to do it myself (honestly the only other thread i could find gives no actual help on setting it up other than hacking an upvalue) EDIT: forgot this part but after you finish this you'd need to add the ingredient itself to the CHARACTER_INGREDIENT table in constants (you can do that via a table.insert in modmain) EDIT 2: sorry about the first edit i forgot that table.insert shouldnt be used for that. instead just make a new file and slap a copy of the table CHARACTER_INGREDIENT with the custom ingredient from constants.lua and modimport/require it in modmain. be warned there IS NO ART for it, so you'd have to make your own icon for it to show up instead of a blank square (if it doesnt crash)
  19. Just following up to this. You were right. The triangle button now does not work at all for voting. I reported the bug under the bug tracker section of the forums.
  1. Load more activity