All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. sad that it's getting delayed but in the end I will have to make a new world for the last New Lands update I just wish that if this becomes kinda normal for some sort of betas to open on the pre-delayed date
  3. Unaware of what was happening, I opened the web page and see that this forum is on fire, some Warbucks fans are in pls, and several topics about Wheeler. And I see that she received a huge buff! Ok, a little buff, but that's too much, she became the most broken character of the game, RIP WX-78, Wortox and Wicker. I saw several ideas, but divided into several topics, it would be more interesting to regroup them all here, the one that interests me the most is to remove his weapon, and give it to Warbucks (if it comes back), or so to lower his stats. Give your ideas, it will also clean a little forum.
  4. She doesn't need the 10% passive movement speed on top of the 15% she can get from freeing up inventory slots. There's a reason no other character has a base movement speed increase without some cost, and it's because it breaks the game. Kiting enemies becomes way too easy. She already has an overpowered dodge, I don't understand why she needs to break the game further.
  5. Not for the sake of arguing with your point here, but just to make a case on how some people (me) view this: there's a difference between a mod and a fix. I view the game as a challenge - can I make things work given the setup developers provided? If yes, how smoothly, fast, aesthetically pleasing, etc? Any mod that alters mechanics will remove this purpose from the game and to some it will remove the main reason why they play. I suppose that is one of the roots of these bug-or-feature discussions. Take sieve for example. I have seen here arguments against fix-temp along the lines of "making the game too easy", and for example now I'd say that same-temp is "making it too easy" - early-game you'd prefer your starting water back from lavatories in same temp rather than go through the hoops of cooling when you are still juggling with oxygen, energy and food. So for me (at my current stage of progress with ONI) enabling a mod that makes the sieve fix-temp will be making things easier for me - so denying the whole point why I play. Before the last changes to cooling, sieve question was more important, because it allowed (as I get it) for easier cooling setups than those without fixed-temp stuff. And then it leaves players who play for "solving the challenge" in a somewhat unhappy state - for some reason, I feel a difference between playing the game "right as I view it" and "by the rules set by developers", and I'd prefer the latter. Yes, anyone can set their own rules - for example I do not touch pacus and I do not build on doors, both mechanics hardly making it to a "bug" status here on the forum. Yes, there are various difficulty settings. And yes, there's the sandbox mode. And still - there's that purpose of "solving the game as it is laid out for us", and people who play for this may feel like some mechanics are making this experience way less fun than it could be. And because that's an open Early Access (not Beta, if we want to put terminology straight here) - people are trying to help the game by reporting what they feel can improve the game, make it more fun. At least that is why I chimed in a thread on Ranching mentioning pacus. I want to solve pacus, not mod pacus to how I want them - but I feel like the pacus piece of the puzzle is now broken because solutions are ridiculous (to my feeling of the game, which anyone is free to consider silly, but then forums are for everyone's view). So that is one reason why people may be so persistent here to ask what is a bug and what is a feature. Well, not to mention the risks of building around something for 1000 cycles (maybe even unintentionally as some matter-involving bugs are hard to notice) and then see it fully or partially collapse when a fix arrives - of course when it's EA that's expected, but fixes may come after the release as well.
  6. The Reed Fiber Bottleneck

What I'm saying is that reed fiber can easily be mass produced if you want, as you should have large quantities of pH2O at your disposal. My current base I am producing 8 fibers per cycle, which is more than enough at the moment, to organise carpeting and painting projects between the various expansion projects I'm running. Even if a rocket would take 3 cycles to launch and return with isoresin, that's 24 fibers. last time I checked you come back with enough resin for 4 batches or so of isolation, so 20 fibers. And this is just a single tiny 16 plot farm. I could easily set up another 20-40 plots worth of farming if I wanted to.
  7. Last Speculations

Yes I know, I had 2 tabs opened and I typed that in this one then I edited it to be something on topic hoping nobody would notice...
  8. Okay so you all are saying, the player should just plan ahead and start saving all reed fiber from cycle 1 and then they should be fine to build a very limited quantity of the end game building material once they reach the end game. I swear some people just like to argue. Currently abyssalite is pretty much a junk material and insulation serves little to no purpose in the game. Sure, you can find workarounds or specific ways to look at things to justify the current state. But it feels pretty out of whack, similar to how lime bottlenecked steel production before fossil was added.
  9. I would like to suggest the ability to use the priority tool with overlays open, so i can say change the priority of all wiring, or plumbing about to be constructed.
  10. little snaptooth babies

But this is already
  11. Tradition. But also because having low health is already his con and he can deal with it thanks to his sanity reg and his starting items.
  12. I'm a relative newcomer. I started playing shortly before QOL 2 went live.
  13. Wagstaff Lore

They said that there will be an animated short upon the release of hamlet.
  14. Wagstaff Lore

I hope when hamlet gets officially released they will make a short video introducing the new characters , so we get more juicy lore.
  15. Look... I'm genuinly not going to point fingers. I don't care about who is right or who isn't, and neither do I care about the argument itself, but what concerns me is that another such topic is now on the verge of going down on semantics displayed above. The topic starter @simonchvz literally warned about this in his very first sentence and asked people to be forgiving. 2 pages in and we are in a downwards spiral. Again, not pointing fingers so anybody feeling adressed personally, that's on them. However, did anyone consider what the developers feel about this? Do you think it's more or less likely they take a topic serious where everybody sticks to the point and discuss the issues, or vice versa a topic where they have to filter bickering and bagger from actual useful discussion? I'd rather not have made this post because somebody will end up taking this personally, feel the need to adress me and put me in my spot, all the while drawing further attention away from the intention of this topic, but you know... I had to try?
  16. thats would definitely make people mlre careful with their ingredients. Imagine trying to use a crock pot in the middle of the base and having it explode. Maybe It could be a punishment if it's used during rain (over 70% saturation, saying both character and items are the same in that aspect) too much. Or Like someone else said, if you add really random items. (Like 2 sticks, glommer goop and gunpower?) Player's would definitely know what they're getting into then. and I mean, why get goop from 4 sticks when you can get an explosion? People woukd find a way to use that as some sort of defense, maybe. Like baiting a boss into a minefield of about-to-be-ready crockpots. Might be fun, actually.
  17. [Game Update] - 328827

I like the damage values the way they are, but is a little OP using stone. I think the 100 damage should be limited to a few things, like platapine quills, bee stingers, and hound teeth.
  18. Today
  19. My guess would be the anti-virus. Its blocking something essential, and the game is waiting for its release.
  20. Only 50 health would force her to keep having a Log Suit or a Football Helmet equipped. Many players complained that Wheeler is forced to carry a backpack with her, with only 50 health she'll die instantly if being attacked by an enemy and you wouldn't be able to save your life by using a Meat Effigy cause a single Meat Effigy would reduce your life by 60%, forcing you to keep 2 armor items equipped to prevent dying from an unsuspected enemy. Also: Maxwell should stay as the character with lowest max health.
  21. 50 Lives? So a suped up cat? Lol, I agree about the 50 health, however. I like her where she is now, but much lower health would be very much welcomed! Love the idea of her becoming a glass cannon character.
  22. The idea itself is a small joke, but the concept I wanted to convey is that such a powerful character is welcome, as long as it is just as fragile: if they gave Wheeler only 50 lives for example, I think she would be perfect. She is faster, dodgy, has a lethal remote weapon but hey, careful, you have 1/3 of the standard life, you can't afford too many mistakes. A character like that is a real challenge, I will play she willingly!
  1. Load more activity