All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That's weird, I always have beard storage perk and the slots never overlap with the moist meter. Then again, maybe it's due to the Combined Status mod so lol. This I can agree with. Wilson basically only got 3 areas to cover as a whole (the affinity perks didn't count, obviously), which already limits the creativity of what could have been. We see so many combat perks in other characters, I think a passive-support could fit Wilson well. A medic Wilson will be awesome to have in the base DST. But this is also the game where most characters can just spam pierogi for healing so lmao
  3. to gain access to that feature rn, you can check out the mod 'Dupery' (or 'dupery fixed' atm)
  4. And as I complained before, doing so causes the insight pop up to appear daily and klei refuse to fix it. But I mentioned it just because you're the only one who makes Wilson discussions so I talked about him a bit. It's not related to torch skill tree, I actually agree with you, if they gonna give Wilson optional perks they may as well give good ones. Personally, I used all 10 alchemy skills, lunar affinity (obviously), 3 beard skills (all for insulation) and the last one for 1 torch skill probably the longevity. I don't like beard storage it looks stupid and overlaps with moist meter, but I'd use it if klei will add a feature to close beard like backpack. And I don't see the point in faster beard since you can just never shave it. I only use thermal stone for summer anyways or go caves, and for klaus it's a good excuse to use ice staff for something. Can't imagen needing a shadow affinity, that skill is a scam. Duping dreadstone using armor and turning fuel into more dreadstone is somehow still less efficient then making dreadstone walls and then smashing them. I also don't like torch throw as you can throw it on accident while trying to light a tree or something.
  5. Hah, more like he will NEVER get one, since Klei was absolutely determined to make him the "default" experience for DST. The skill tree was a DECENT ATTEMPT at best, but was ruined by the glaring flaw which is the torch tree.
  6. Today
  7. This is already an age-old topic and has come up frequently in the forums. Many people, including me, argued for much more dangerous and impactful disease and germ mechanics. Klei hasn't yet reacted to this (sadly). I hope they will do so soon enough.
  8. Yes, I also mentioned this before. I believe (and hope) Klei will soon add customization features for dupes. I can think of different hair colors and styles, facial expressions, jewelry, tattoos, and more. Additionally, it would be great to change the text descriptions of the dupes individually, including age, gender, background story, etc.
  9. Wormwood is the most interesting to me out of all 4 DLC characters. His blooming mechanic is a bit confusing, but he is very fun even if you don't understand it. There is a little bit less incentive to play him if you don't enjoy farming, but he's still good even if you don't focus on that at all. Wanda is better than some forumites say she is, but yeah her combat gameplay is pretty boring once you get alarming clock. People often forget how teamworking she can be, especially when playing with new players - using teleport she is almost always available if anything goes wrong with the base (clops, hound attack, sumemr fire, griefer) and she can revive people (basically for free) if they die (unless they die on a tentacle). Would be my pick if you plan on playing at least a year. You just need to rush shadow manipulator to feel her power, but to unlock the main perk, you're gonna need to either go to ruins or the archives. Wortox is decent, but I'd say even more one note than wanda. Any wormwood or woodie would appreciate you (and every other team member too except for wanda) in any fight though. And the soul hopping is great. I mained him when they released him, but i kinda lost my interest in him. Wurt is best in a team of wurts. Her small perks are great, her stats are great, her diet is a downside and an upside at the same time. Her followers are better than pigs (but worse than Maxwell's). I don't know, she isn't very interesting to me, but she isn't bland either. I see her best perk be that the fish spoil slower while held by her (sunfish and ice bream will keep you cold / warm for 4 days), but searching for them is a pain. I wouldn't pick her unless you are playing for longer than 1 year.
  10. Im having a similar issue with DS on Mac. Computer settings set to bluetooth headset, everything else working, but game audio only coming out of computer speakers
  11. I play usually on pubs, so I leave them up. I hammer down pig houses very rarely - only if i really need the pig skin (for example for desert goggles or rushing some boss) and only a one or two houses. I usually get my pig skin from: 1) touchstones, where i always leave 1 or two pole up for other players 2) from swamps 3) I turn almost any pig i see into a werepig if i have the monster meat But even hammering down pig houses to make a pig farm near base is more often than not appreciated on public servers and definitely a fine suggestion and the best answer to your question.
  12. making something that's already beneficial to use with slingshot more beneficial would be pointless and that'd probably make the slingshot that you can use while not on woby worthless
  13. I don't need any change, but smaller backpacks or lategame backpacks or character specific backpacks with added bonuses like insulation would be great. I usually use backpack and thermal in autumn in winter (because it is easier and more efficient to light a tree than to make endothermic fire and also it is a stage of the game where i still gather resources, so backpack is often a preference) and clothes in summer and spring. I think clothing is underrated and the sanity it gives you often overlooked.
  14. I'm not sure how often this topic come up, but wouldn't it make more sense to make it into a poll? It would be way easier to follow the answers. To the topic: Winona.
  15. I mean, it is pretty funny. Just imagine a scenario with perma world death like in classic DS, where you defeat all the bosses, get the lategame loot, basically beat the game, only to die to the loot.
  16. The day has come, folks! It was worth the wait! I hope the game has a good journey during this early access period to grow even more!
  17. You can't mess around if they make a lag machine though. Exactly this situation is happening in almost any 50+ day server. If you continue nomadically, they will lag you out. I don't mind the sanity drain challenge from server full of ghosts, but there are aspects of this you are powerless against. Leaving the server for a toilet pause and getting your spot filled is another problem. 5 vs 7 will not win you votes. And they all join at the same time. Yeah well, he probably has about as much going on as someone playing the game. For him griefing is the game. He is getting a sense of “pride and accomplishment” from this. We don't need and shuld not expect any moderators on Klei servers, but the robustness of the kick tool could be definitely improved, don't act like it couldn't. It is a complicated problem, yes, but not one that would take a bajilion hours of development time. Just a few iterations on: 1) analyze the problem 2) introduce a solution 3) gather feedback 4) repeat... would dramatically improve the robustness I think. Picking the fight with such griefers would probably be fun for them too, but I think there is a way to make them feel just as powerless as we do when they grief us.
  18. That's exactly why i suggested this for her. Because the repairing mechanic is already in the game in many flavors, it wouldn't be op if only she got it and picking another character wouldn't gate you from such a mechanic. It would be just a nice qol for her. That is another possibility yeah. I still would prefer my idea though. I would want her to bring her trusty tapes on all her adventures and use them reactively and often to multiple situations (like in this case, taking damage), rather than her coming to base every once in a while and repairing all the almost broken armors. If you think it is way too weak, it is possible to tweak the numbers (for example, instead of going to half the reduction, you go to double the damage - instead of going from 80% => 40%, you go from 80% => 60%). All that said, i still like your suggestion too.
  19. As someone said in here before, you can simply not allocate any insight points onto his skill tree and boom, you got the default Wilson.
  20. Thanks for the reply. That actually helps quite a bit. I still haven't uncorked the vent so I haven't analyzed it to see what it's output is, but this information will definitely come in handy with regards to how I make the water usable when I do.
  21. No, this one is fine. I prefer default beard growth time instead of having to remember the changed timer due to the growth perk. That said tho, I think it could be condensed, maybe just 2 tiers instead of 3.
  22. They can be triggered manually via explosives, including slurtle slime, but you're right that they're unlikely to last long enough to gather four of them. You'll need to keep them fed until you have all four, or you could get your hands on a construction amulet so you only need two. Hopefully they'll get this fixed at some point. I bought the Switch version after having the Steam version, and having the Wii U version before that, and I feel burned that since the update to the Switch version that added Hamlet, there's been some kind of critical issue that rendered it severely compromised, to the point of not being worth playing over the Steam version. I hope issues like this eventually get resolved. Console commands being enabled would also be nice, barring exact season length settings and extending the range of placing/removing turf so irreplaceable/indestructible objects can no longer prevent laying down/changing turfs.
  23. I hope he gets those 3 things I keep asking for but I mostly hope he just doesn't get something that negates his downside since that's half the reason to play him. Him getting some sailing perks would be fine, but if people hate Walter because they don't understand how a dog + a slingshot are related to being a boyscout then I think they'd hate Warly getting perks based on a reference to one of his skins. Wolfgang rows super hard and interacts with ship items very quickly.
  24. I hope he gets something related to fishing on the sea too since he was also a chef on a Trawler.
  25. With the game having the supply closet where you can edit wardrobes and whatnot, it would be very cool to have the ability to create my own duplicants apearanse and names that can randomly appear while enjoying the game. Sometimes when i play the game and friends are watching, i find it fun to give the duplicants our names and have some soft banter with what they get up to while i play, but it would be amazing if while playing, i could find our duplicants come through the printing pod like any other duplicant. idk if this topic has been posted or answered elsewhere, i could not find anything on this in my search.
  1. Load more activity