All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. [Game Update] - 328894

where is dst update info tho
  3. Update question

Cca. 25 minutes till "Rhymes with Play" - maybe will get some news then. Update though.. doubt it. Probably next week.
  4. Weird Headcannons

Webber has been learning how to sew in his spare time with all the excess silk he has been gathering. Wagstaff is trying to find a way to harness magic in a practical way without the... side effects, that caused the downfall of the ancients, so far the only thing he has managed to make is a fridge, currently is attempting to make a generator out of red gems, but cannot seem to get enough heat out of them to boil water without nm fuel. Maxwell, after overhearing Wortox saying that he does not know how to use the codex, has been trying to learn more about the codex, along with trying to make his more lackluster shadow's a bit more controllable.
  5. [Game Update] - 328894

What a big update
  6. Another PvP Poll

"Are you interested in PvP at all? Yes No" You should also have a 3rd option, "undecided/maybe" because there are "ifs" attached to it, at least in my case. "Should PvP be replaced as a seperate game mode?" - you mean a mode with different balance from PvE? Aka PvE remains with current track of ANR2 re-balance while PvP should have different and strict mechanical re-balance (nerfs and such) - basically 2 separate re-balances for PvE and PvP respectively?
  7. Beta specific fixes: Added the missing Wagstaff Mount files to fix a crash when trying to play Wagstaff on a non Hamlet compatible world View full update
  8. 328894

Beta specific fixes: Added the missing Wagstaff Mount files to fix a crash when trying to play Wagstaff on a non Hamlet compatible world
  9. imagine if suggestions or modding help threads had this much attention. Would be wonderful. I think I'm gonna throw a hot take here : pvp is only attractive to organized groups trying to feed off "ragequits". Separately PvP has zero appeal, but when you bring your own circle of discord buddies to monopolize a world and bully newcomers I imagine it's a wonderful experience. If 30% of the playerbase is into this then so be it. Surely that means 30% of the playerbase is trolls and griefers and that seems about right. Somehow our blue hedgehog friend strikes to me as the sort of person into this thing.
  10. Unlimited objects from Printing Pod

Sure its one thing to play with sandbox mode or without. But if you choose not to use it, why do actively use a bug? It makes not sense. Yes, under very rare conditions, you may run into this by accident. But otherwise you have to take action all by yourself. Its not gamebreaking, because you choose to use it.
  11. Update question

Still nothing as of now, We've got the daily item refresh about 10 minutes ago but no update or news that I've seen in-game or on steam so far... hopefully something else comes out today... who knows. Here's to hoping!
  12. Another PvP Poll

PvP in dst sucks because in general the combat mechanics are very lackluster which makes pvp basically the same as playing tag.. At least that's how it felt when I last tried it ! Also, some things are completely broken in PvP like ice staff, panflute, ect. For PvP to get better there would have to be a big overhaul changing how many things work and making combat much more complex than holding F such as adding sprinting, dodging, a stamina bar to preform attacks, sprint, and dodge, light attacks, medium attacks, heavy attacks, weapon based attacks, special attacks (like Forge), possibly even spells, stuff like that. Which to be honest I don't ever see Klei changing how combat works in dst since it's focused on being a pve survival game, but modders maybe one day.
  13. It's a real shame, there was room for good discussion in here (not just saying that because of my posts :^) ) And there still is room for discussion if people start discussing the subject matter instead of the thread overall! I don't think this topic is dead just yet. What about characters that spawn with items? Do you think they should have them when PvP is enabled? When I played PvP you'd find lighters, battle spears, spider nests and so on and so forth all over the place. Really makes the dark not an issue in the slightest when you're always within 5ft of a lighter. Also spiders. Both probably real facts. In my opinion I think characters shouldn't spawn with their items in PvP. Most of the time they're easy to craft or unnecessary to early game survival.
  14. 33% interested people in the PvP mode is still a respectable percentage demanding attention even with a rather very small sample (yet I suppose it wouldn't fluctuate dramatically on a larger number, probably +/-[5;10]). And you also have a 25% of "indifferent"-people category at the moment that theoretically can undergo conversion - me included, as am in this group but would give a reworked-and-interesting PvP system a chance, out of curiosity, more flavor and with friends ofc. If I for one would have made the pools I would've also emphasized the "re-worked PvP" aspect to maybe reflect better "what it should be desired" aka something clearly better than the current state of affairs. Regarding the teams proposal, or alliances to be precise, there could be the option via check-mark (let's say each player has a check-mark space in front of their nickname while pressing TAB) to ally oneself with others akin Age of Empires II system for example if I remember correctly - when both players checked one another, alliance formed. Ofc you can also betray your "partner(s) in crime" unchecking at any time, maybe without the knowing of your ex-ally just to spice up game-play. (small suggestion) Well ol' chap, I am right now mildly intoxicated ty ... and think you confused the words and meanings. As intoxicated usually signifies drunk or "gettin' jiggy wit' da booze" Don't think them PvPlayers are drunk when playin' ...but then again I might be wrong *looks at oneself while wobbly playing DST right now* But yes, you should be worried, I might get out for more booze.. via car
  15. I mean, JoeW literally said the timeline is out of whack. I'd consider next week rather optimistic.
  16. The fact is: people take everything personally. We can all interpret things differently according to our ideas. But this should not be taken seriously here, in a place where we should discuss amicably about what we think for a game that everyone likes here.
  17. Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

what is this.. evil... video
  18. I'm not sure what happened, My widget USED to work before but now it doesn't! All I did was some extra code. I have no reverted to my original code but it's still not working! I'm not sure what to do anymore and im smashing my head on the keyboard at this point. Any help is deeply appreciated. Note: Yes my character has the tag "nearsighted"
  19. I assume it's not reproducible if you go back and click on the item again?
  20. Game crashed when I clicked on pleated shirt.

I just turned on the game, got my daily gift, went to my inventory, the pleated shirt was the criminal.
  21. @minespatch, this is a tricky rare bug that we've been trying to track down for ages now. Do you have any info on what you were doing/clicking on leading up to this crash?
  22. But you can't pump out the hot sour gas without space materials. So you can't create a counterflow where you use that hot gas to do anything until you've cooled it off enough without any pumps. I do think using the cold natgas to help cool off the sour gas is fine, as that would save you some of your thermo regulator power, but the natgas is at -160, so then you'd need to figure out a way to have the cold natgas cool the sour gas before the cold hydrogen cools the sour gas, which could require another whole room, or some weird snake thing. And the pwater from the generator provides more than enough DTUs (because it comes out at the same temp the generator is at) to heat the natgas. So yes you're losing cooling power, but I'd have to do the math if it ends up saving you anything to do it the way you're talking about, as it would require at least one gas pump which is another .48J per gram cost. I also think you'd rather use the heat from the volcano to make the oil go all the way to gas. Because then more of that heat turns to steam, rather than heating your oil/petrol, so you use much more heat from your magma, sure, but you end up getting more power in the end, as all of the natgas cooling down to about 150 is turned into steam. And after doing the math, one regular volcano supplies enough heat to provide 7,170 watts constantly, so I can't really see why you would need to be more efficient with that heat. Maybe I haven't played the game far enough but 7 kilowatts of constant generation seems like more than enough power for the rest of the game. Also, as you mentioned, there's some serious issue with phase state changes because without space materials or super coolant, there's nothing that can handle those ranges of temperatures.
  23. Personally, I feel this would make her much less fun to play as . If any nerf should be applied to her dodge I would say make the 2nd dodge you preform while in the 1st dodge not grant you invincibility. Removing the double dodge bug/feature or making dodging cost hunger will limit the usage of her dodge which makes her unique in the first place thus leading to a more plain and boring experience because the dodge would be inferior in all ways compared to doing plain ol' boring kiting with her speed boost making using it pointless.. Of course that is just my opinion.
  1. Load more activity