All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Are some of them in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\322330 ?? Dst's mods are split between those two folders for some reason. I hope you can find some of them there and remove them. This seems like a really common problem, and I'm sorry I can't help more.
  3. depends on what's your goal, if you're trying to kill most bosses quickly then she's bad because setting merms up requires a lot of time and she can't eat the meat from bosses, if you're megabasing then you're probably going to play as wanda to teleport, so she isn't really best at anything it doesn't matter unless you're using tents or something, which i wouldn't recommend using, going afk for 2 mins isn't fun nor a good idea, especially considering that you're going to have excess healing after killing BQ
  4. JoeW Thanks for your response, especially that you looked into it as much as you did. The original email response to my complaint took a while, and I wasn't sure if my second one would be acknowledged or not. Its always hard to know from the other side of the email, if anything is being done or not. I don't know what' going on from Klei's perspective, and I figured my best option would be to make this situation public so that if any switch players are on these forums, they can at least be aware of what's going on while also bringing up something that I see as a big flaw with the Switch experience. Two things I forgot to add in my original post: I think being able to access someone's switch profile from the view player screen would help too. Also, I have no way to view my own Klei ID. You can only get an ID after banning someone, you can only ban someone as host. I will have my friend help me get my ID when they're on, but that's still not going to be useful when it comes to distinguishing me from him. In the banned list, I saw something that says "view player" but it's gray and does nothing. Is it not working or something? What do you need for proof? Is there anything I can provide? I assume you have to work under the assumption that I might be staging these photos, right? Do you need me to make a video capture of him doing any of the stuff I mentioned, exiting the game, going into the menu and selecting his profile, all in one video so that you know nothing is edited? I also have a few videos of him and his friends attacking me from back in Jan/Feb. The wickerbottom photo I posted is from a video, I just didn't want to post the video because I figured it would be too big. I have 2, probably 3 people that can add their own experiences. Of those 3 people, there are maybe an additional 3 that I don't personally have contact with, but have dealt with the same individual. I could ask them if they'd like to share as well. What exactly would you need from me, in order for you to better see what's going on right now? You're right, I understand your position. Of course, I'm not sitting here completely innocent. I did start off being very nice, and I did leave it alone for quite a while. He clearly didn't leave it alone though, and I have started antagonizing him back. In that respect, I'm only human, and I'm not going to sit here and try to be the better man while he attempts to ruin my reputation within the Switch community with zero consequences. That's not fair to me. I don't know what the limitations are, and I understand moderation is a massive job for any gaming company. The Switch community is pretty small, and if some system could be put in place for bigger offences, I would definitely be willing to help. To the other posters: Thanks, I did not know it was against the rules. I have the PC version, but I play on Switch because my friends can't play on PC. There are definitely issues with Switch, but there a nice things as well. I think most of us get it. Dealing with bad people is an aspect of this game. I don't think griefing is subjective: big or small, doing something with malicious intent is griefing. Doing something out of ignorance/stupidity/poor etiquette is not. The subjective part is the degree to which it affects you. Stealing a Tam would hurt a beginner more than stealing a tusk; where as a better player might value the tusk more. I care less about grass now, but if it was my first world I'd probably be incredibly angry about someone taking a stack. So I get all that, and when I open public servers I expect a lot of that and see it as a challenge to play around. I'm fine, I understand completely why some people hate it, and I wasn't implying that aspect needs to be moderated. Simply that my stalker shouldn't be able to do what he's doing in the first place, and that people like him should have consequences for their actions. It would be one thing if it was just between me and him. “Haha, hehe, your tent trap failed, you suck. Better luck next time”. @JazzyGames Definitely Klei could make a name permanent or hard to change, but I don't really blame them for being unaware of this bypass. I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention. This is a big fail from Nintendo.
  5. I don't think fish dying in your inventory is hungry. It feels completely fine in fish boxes without any food
  6. There should be a version of the trawler that can be built on boats and catches fish that the boat passes through, just saying.
  7. Today
  8. I am not starving my critters at all. Spoil time, right:D? Me too..
  9. I would say she's a solid b character however for all that is sacred people someone convince klei to stop merm followers from running away when your trying to group feed them...
  10. Yes, but then a lot of players will appear to complain that it is a benefit that should be exclusive to this character. I'm already wary of this type of person who appears here on the forum. And it makes a lot of sense to be able to feed a fish in the game. In fact, they eat it when fishing.
  11. long lasting fish in inventory is Wurt's gimmick. I prefer it that way
  12. ... gives the possibility of regenerating fish life using a special food. Remembering that beefalos already have special foods. Of course, it needs to be a specific food that has a price to pay (for example, a food recipe obtained from a giant - blueprint -, or a new resource that is more complicated to obtain at the beginning - a new plant on the island of monkeys) to give balance to the game. This would further enhance ocean content (fishing during summer and winter) and the concept of late game. Don't Starve Together 2024.04.25 - 10.15.29.02.mp4
  13. Yeah this is really wild and I can see that causing big issues specifically playing on Switch. I don’t see any feasible solution to that issue unless Klei were either willing to change their ban records to IP addresses, or make Klei ID’s specific to devices so that every account on your Switch uses the same Klei ID. Unfortunately the latter solution would not be feasible because your account is also tied to your unlocked characters and skins. Aside from this technical problem, most of what you are struggling with is exactly what most of us on PC have also had to face about the reality of the game: that public games have never been safe to play on. We all have our sob stories about pub servers; once I got vote kicked off a pub in the middle of AG because I wasn’t basing with five Wilson’s on Day 5. I get that this is targeted harassment, a step above random griefing. Still the reality of pub servers remains the same. If you take issue with being griefed then I’d recommend you don’t play on pubs. Find a group of players on a Discord and make a private game with them. If you insist on hosting an open world and the troll causes trouble, ban and rollback. Eventually you’ll have all their accounts banned. That’s the best the game can offer without mods; unfortunately that’s been the reality for years and I don’t see it changing any time soon, especially for console.
  14. She's okay, she's just boring. Her affinity to merms is very strong just because it's a decent alternative to using either bunnymen or pigs. Everything wrong with her and many other characters that would try to use followers is that the followers aren't very reliable. Anything that cannot be controlled and runs around wrecklessly attacking anything that annoys them is the biggest issue with followers. In concept, Wurt makes sense to be a jack of all trades of sorts that could do many types of work, but her reliance on followers is very painful to say the least. Unless Klei reworks One-Man-Band or adds us more ways to control followers to do fights solo as a army raiser, I don't see Wurt existing in my playable character roster that I'd wish to use. Maxwell does the job well because his minions can be remade, frail and do plenty of damage when available. Not to mention that he can actually dispell them by killing them incase something is getting attacked what you didn't want to be. Willow and Wendy can disable their summons, making them well versed in utility and manageability. Wolfgang's and Wigfrid's inspirations to do more damage to bosses can be said as nearly broken, but still less than appealing to want to use them. Bosses have often very high AOE damage which cleans many followers off like wheat in a field. Armor you put on them has less durability because bosses deal 2x more damage to followers. You can't reliably have plenty of followers protected in a battle to last that long. It's also a problem if you wanna have at least just a few followers to help you.
  15. The person who made it was salty that JustExo put Wurt in S and Wortox in F. Anyway Wurt garbage remember everyone stay to the plan.
  16. For now, the min-max stats of each equipments depend on the location you obtained it. For example the maximum defence and damage of equipments from the Molded Grave is much better than the ones from the Great Rotwood Forest. As you see, The former one came from Nocturne Grove(2th stage) and the latter was from the Molded Grave(4th stage). Each defense level is same, but the defence point of latter one is much higher than the former, despite the former one is heavier. There're various kinds of Weapons and Armors in the Rotwood, but in the end every player just uses equipments from the Molded grave. For now, there's No need to upgrade your weapon early, just Collect some Corestone, go to the Molded Grave and grab any weapon. I think the max stats of equipment should be same, simillar to how the upgrade system works in Core Keeper, maybe. I just wanna try various equipments without being stressed by the low damage and armor points. I want to upgrade early game gear more in later stages!
  17. Wow! Great achievement! And what is your "dream team" to start with? In video you say just "farmer" or "builder/digger", but what traits do they have? DGSM allow to generate impossible duplicants replacing weak traits and strong traits without calculating their cost. I prefer DSS for same purpose, because it is "honest" and create only dupes you can really generate ( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2856555858 )
  18. ONI is not simulating Physics. Its simulation core is somewhat inspired by basic, simple Physics, but a lot of things are missing or simplified. Allows a (relatively) smooth experience on a relatively large map. Otherwise things would get excessively slow.
  19. Yes, it is annoying. But the complexity of the pathing algorithm probably goes through the roof is this is taken into account. Hence I would not expect this to get fixed.
  20. Of course, the keyboard or analog thing has absolutely nothing to do with it... What I mean is that for example when moving and attacking on console there is a huge delay of up to 2 seconds, it is very noticeable many times when you do quick actions and the character has to stay still to perform one and then cancels the others, the other problem is that in addition to the delay, on the Switch the character attacks approx 1.25 slower and it is quite noticeable in fights where yes or if you Obviously, this one in OFW or CFW has nothing to do with it, plus I have it in OFW too since my game is from Steam... I hope I've made myself understood and I hope I have a video showing it but klei took down the post, I guess it was very obvious ^^'
  21. I think she's pretty good (biased) but yeah, iirc, a lot of the video's author's points come down to something like "other character can do it better/you can just swap to X to this", which is simply a different play style from what I'm into, so I guess it may vary from person to person, depending on how they play. I play slow, and prefer to tackle things indirectly, so for me, Wurt is perfect, but if someone likes to do things quick, they'd probably find her weak no matter what, unless her character was fundamentally changed to provide short term benefit.
  22. Some people also do not see the value in having a merm army for middle / lategame worlds. I've played public worlds where one or multiple wurts played and the amount of jellybeans they can provide is breathtaking. Bee queen does not get to live for a single day after her respawn cooldown ended. The merm army makes sure of that, with ease while the Wurt is wearing a tam o shanter and a walking cane. Same goes for resource collection and having someone who is simply ignoring each season using fish. Need to go somewhere in a hurry, such as moonstone event, but can't because the season is making it too hard? A secound year Wurt can do it no problem, icebream and sunfish just makes every season autumn as said above. So in conclusion, Wurt struggles in early game but trivialises the rest. If fighting, surviving and even collecting huge amounts of resources isn't someones cup of tea, they can simply pick Wurt and have a relaxed time after they're finished with setting up the merms & fishing the summer and winter fishes.
  23. It wouldn't make a difference because you could use a Power-Free Valve filter. Thats perhaps the reason why they have it the way it is.
  24. Wurt is strong. You can't really quantify a character on their strengths and weaknesses if you don't even play them. And that doesn't mean playing them for an afternoon.
  25. Wurt is very strong. Imagine the world spawned a biome completely filled with cobblestone roads for a 35% speed boost. You would think this is mental but wurt literally has this. This makes fighting bosses like all the seasonal/lunar bosses, twins of terror and shadow clockwork bosses alot easier to fight in the swamp. Regular merms are very underrated. Craftsmern huts are very cheap so you can amass regular merms very quickly even in early game which help alot for fighting dfly or even bee queen. They can also demolish entire forests and rock biomes very quickly. So you dont even need a merm king for a while. Ofc if you do get a merm king the stat boost for wurt is fantastic. 250 hunger is just straight up awesome not needing to worry about food for 3+ days is such a good QoL. Wurt is really good at farming marble because of merms for marble suits therefore her having 250hp + marble suit+ merm army means you can brainlessly tank bosses without needing healing items. Holding a fish for 3.3 sanity, really nice for early game cave exploration. Scorching sunfish and ice bream fish are the best seasonal insulation in the game. Turning both winter and summer into autumn 2.0. My biggest tip is dont sleep on regular merms. Merm guards are great but i can not understate how cheap craftsmerm huts are!
  26. The same with Wolfgang's dumbells, left on the dpad to start pumping without having to equip, scroll to the item, then start pumping.
  1. Load more activity