All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. I've actually been considering making a video entirely on that subject. Gonna try and remember a few off the top of my head. -Cave basing. Not SUPER unusual, but and excellent choice in my opinion for anyone that isn't named Wurt or Wes. -Fist Full of Jam. Spend a day or so on your first winter racking up stacks of ice and you'll never go hungry again. And doing it this way allows you to use the meat for other things like Pierogi and Jerky. -Tail O' Three Cats. Not only does hunting the tail accrue a lot of naughtiness very fast, but the whip itself is actually really useful as a sidearm. Excellent for shadow creatures, safe kiting of low-health mobs, and can be used to stunlock Slurtles for a free kill. -Rush Lunar Islands. Ruins is good for making stuff to fight and progress with; Lunar Islands will basically get you set for life on food, and both Glass Axes and Glass Cutters can be produced by the boatload and work a treat.for pretty much anything you'd want to use them on. Yes, Glass Cutters break easily, but they're also dirt cheap to stock up on, so it barely matters. And for Wes, Lunar Islands are the absolute ideal home to set up a perma base. Oh, and someone else mentioned it, but keeping a Misshapen Bird/Moonblind Crow as a pet is exceptionally useful.
  4. When riding a beefalo, dropping a scorching sunfish can work as a bootleg fire staff.
  5. So I just got an interesting idea for a simple build and decided to share it: meet pipe free infinite liquid storage (well, almost pipe free since atmosuit dock requires some oxygen to work), or compacto. Though if you want you can easily add additional stuff (like pumps,oil covered vents etc) by rotating doors on the left side of it and expanding the pool there.
  6. 游戏中制作的地图可以阅读,阅读完消耗脑残和饥饿值 ,玩家花一定时间记住,脑残越多记越快,百分百后完成。 把地图记住后,就出现小地图,小地图可以关闭和遗忘选项。就可以方便玩家看地图了,就不用一直打开大地图。
  7. i've done minimal gear FW multiple times and i still don't want klei to remove cheese because some people don't like fighting the boss and them removing cheese might mean that they'll remove voidwalking so fighting FW'll require finding atrium normally which is entirely RNG and unfun that's a problem with people talking about stuff that they have no clue about, 1st few results are also usually cheeseless if you search for something like "dst fuelweaver guide/fight"
  8. I see that the big problem with the different exploids in the game is Klei's passive stance. Klei leaves the exploids for years without doing anything. Then content creators, realizing this tolerant stance, tell new players that the only way to face a boss is to use an exploid. This ends up being the only reference for new players who never even try to execute the mechanics planned by the developers. And what impresses me even more are members of this Forum with 1k to 5k registered messages. They have plenty of time to complain that they can no longer use cheese against AF, which is by far Klei's smartest combat dynamic, but they don't make the slightest effort to learn the boss's mechanics.
  9. Hehehe, looks veeerry different from my set-up Ok, here is what I see (Steam FPS counter): 1x: 60 FPS (at limit) normal max zoom, centered on printing pod 24 FPS max zoom (whole starting asteroid in view) 3x: 45 FPS normal max zoom, centered on printing pod 18 FPS max zoom (whole starting asteroid in view) In 3x I saw 2 micro-stutters (1/2 sec) in one cycle, about 1/2 cycle from each other. I saw none in the next cycle. This is without your add-ons, just plain base ONI.
  10. that's why nothing's automated still, although it should be, i doubt that anyone has fun cooking stuff on campfires/in crock pots source? exact percentage/some sort of announcement about the end of that survey? with your logic all hard games shouldn't exist, most old bosses aren't even hard to fight if you figure out how to counter them, but average DST player doesn't think and thinks that fighting toadstool using a ham bat is impossible, even though you can drop it onto the ground before dropping the spore bomb off to avoid it spoiling then explain to players that they need to think about how to counter bosses instead of trying to kill them by only using a weapon and attack and movement controls instead of trying to dumb bosses down so they only require that? entirely unrelated to old bosses also unless dying nearby them'll give you info about items that counter their mechanics existing e.g. bramble husk/abigail/pan flute/lunar fire/shadow prison/shadow sneak in case of BQ the most boring part of the game, i never do lunar questline because it's filled with boring crap like that that's just baby mode dark souls without the need to think or do hard to execute dodges, so they end up being nothing, simply an absurdly boring thing that anyone can kill after 1-2 attempts that just ends up being a boring waste of time after you kill it once because there's also no way to make it harder because even killing it using fist won't be hard, just absurdly time consuming and boring
  11. It's your CPU I had the same issue. Intel borked something. Reducing the multiplier in the BIOS or with Intel's XTU tool stabilized my system. You can find a lot about it on reddit.
  12. DST is a survival game not some sort of automation simulator. DST was never built around using bugs to automate bosses, DST is just so ridiculously difficult for new players that everyone gravitates towards using exploits for the harder bosses. Which is a clear sign for Klei to rework those bosses. Klei themselves have admitted that DST is the hardest survival game out there right now. And it 100% is. They somehow need to emphasis the importance of wearing armour and give abit more instruction about how things work. The scrapbook is not great at explaining stuff. And Klei should reward dying in DST like in solo Dont starve by giving some unique spools for unique skins unrelated to current spool/skin pool. Also if you die, the game to explain in a pop up why you died so for example if i died by a bunnyman; maybe a small explanation of how bunnymen hate people carrying meat, herd mentality, their attack and hp, and some brief strategies on how to deal with them. Current new content is great, Lunar bosses are very fun to fight. Right level of reward for learning the fight and danger if you mess it up. Edit: reward dying as in reward full server reset after death countdown.
  13. It's a plant that's always in water. It exists in water. It's made of mostly water. Why should it smolder? It makes little sense and renewing it isn't easy either. Rather near impossible to renew.
  14. You'd have to mess with three files (i think). builder, builder_replica, and recipe.lua for builder (and builder replica, builder_replica is client sided info while builder itself is for the server) you'd want to mess with Builder:RemoveIngredients (careful, RemoveIngredients isnt in the replica!) and Builder:HasCharacterIngredient for dealing with the UI half of the component your using to craft with (in this case hunger) then in recipe.lua you'd want to mess with the function IsCharacterIngredient (not too sure about this one. it might be overkill messing with the recipe.lua itself so try just messing with the builder and builder_replica and test them on their own before you mess with recipe.lua) im not too sure on specifics because i'm trying to find how to do it myself (honestly the only other thread i could find gives no actual help on setting it up other than hacking an upvalue) EDIT: forgot this part but after you finish this you'd need to add the ingredient itself to the CHARACTER_INGREDIENT table in constants (you can do that via a table.insert in modmain) EDIT 2: sorry about the first edit i forgot that table.insert shouldnt be used for that. instead just make a new file and slap a copy of the table CHARACTER_INGREDIENT with the custom ingredient from constants.lua and modimport/require it in modmain. be warned there IS NO ART for it, so you'd have to make your own icon for it to show up instead of a blank square (if it doesnt crash)
  15. Just following up to this. You were right. The triangle button now does not work at all for voting. I reported the bug under the bug tracker section of the forums.
  16. Thanks! It was the nightmare werepig being stuck. I walked all over the upstairs but didn't walk all over in the caves. I found a loose nightmare werepig at the guardian.
  17. Nightmare Werepig's attacks are directional cones, which were also applied to deerclops and bearger's swipe attacks so dashing through them allows you to avoid the hit area try doing the dash through moose goose or dfly attacks
  18. As a Webber main who loves spiders immensely and genuinely enjoys their playstyle, I've felt a lot of holes in the gameplay many times over. I wanted to outline their flaws in a forwarded section first to help give insight on my thought process, as well as help explain some of the skills. Also I want to preface that while almost everything here is my own thought process, forms based on doodles is NOT my idea and I do not have the post it originated from. If you read this post and you're the author who came up with the doodle idea, and you want me to remove that portion, do not hesitate to let me know. One of the main problems with Webber I've noticed is the army they commands. Without sputters, the army runs into collision problems often, and also makes it hard to control where you want to go on occasion. Something that would be great for their skill tree would be better ways to command the army. I think spiders having three states (passive, following, aggressive) would allow for better control of followers without the need to constantly dismiss them and deal with the collision. Another issue I have with the current Webber playstyle is that some bosses are exponentially harder due to them having some sort of AOE ability that nukes a spider army (Bearger, Celestial Champion phase 2) or some attack that makes spiders as followers a detriment rather than being helpful (fear from Shadow Pieces, Klaus spells, woven shadows) Something that can help with these issues is a way to deal with spiders being panicked and a way to boost spiders defences so they don't get killed within a few attack rotations (I'm looking at you Celestial Champion) One thing to note is the entire riding skill tree is all something I WANT, not something the character needs. I just love the premise and feel it's an unexplored area. Needlework Weaver (No requirement) - Allows Webber to craft a unique resource, Woven Silk. Crochet (Requires "Weaver") - Reduces the cost of Woven Silk by 50%. Defense (Requires "Crochet") - Unlocks the ArmoRaid recipe on Webber's crafting tab. Command and Commence (Requires "Weaver") - Unlocks the Welcoming Webby Whistle and the Warning Webby Whistle recipes in Webber's crafting tab. Offense (Requires "Command and Commense") - Unlocks the Fang Sharpening Kit in Webber's crafting tab. Doodles Thrifty Spider (No requirement) - Reduces the cost for Switcherdoodles by 50%. Super Doodles (Required "Thrifty Spider") - The recipes for Advanced Switcherdoodles becomes available in Webber's crafting tab. Cheapskate 1 (Requires "Super Doodles") - Reduces the cost of Advanced Switcherdoodles by 33%. Cheapskate 2 (Requires "Cheapskate 1") - Reduces the cost of Advanced Doodles by 66%. Doodle Consumerism (Requires "Super Doodles") - Allows Webber to gain a form based on what doodle they consume. Automatically unlocks Warrior form for Webber. Battle Built Bug (Requires "Doodle Consumerism") - Unlocks Shattered, Dangling and Spitter forms for Webber. Safety Surveyor Spider (Requires "Doodle Consumerism") - Unlocks Nurse, Strider and Cave forms for Webber. Ranching En Passant (Requires "Weaver") - Unlocks the ability to turn a Tier 3 Spider Den into a Noble Spider Den. Queen's Gambit (Requires "En Passant") - Unlocks the ability to turn a Noble Spider Den into a Royal Spider Den. Aristocratic Arachnid (Requires "Command and Commence" and "Queen's Gambit") - Unlocks the Spider Saddle, and with it the ability to tame Noble Spider Queens. Advancement 1 (Requires "Aristocratic Arachnid") - Increases tamed Noble Spider Queens and the Royal Spider Queen's speed. Advancement 2 (Requires "Advancement 2") - Further increases tamed Noble Spider Queens and the Royal Spider Queen's speed. Coronation (Requires "Aristocratic Arachnid") - Allows Webber to tame the Royal Spider Queen and saddle her. Royal Feast (Requires "Coronation" and "Doodle Consumerism") - Enables the Royal Spider Queen to be fed an Advanced Switcherdoodle to change its form. Succession (Requires "Coronation") - Increases the Royal Spider Queen's max follower count and allows her to spawn more advanced spiders. Affinity Shadow Affinity: The Shadow Queen will reward your loyalty with control over the terrors of the dark. Dark Denizen - Removes the sanity drain from darkness, the caves and shadow-aligned entities. Followers will deal 10% extra damage to lunar-aligned entities and are immune to the effects of fear. Lunar Affinity: The Cryptic Founder will reward you with the ability to empower you and your followers with lunar light. Lunactic Following - Allows spiders following Webber, any tamed Spider Queens and the Royal Spider Queens to see and attack shadow creatures, as well as increasing their damage to shadow aligned creatures by 10%. Recipes Woven Silk: 8 Silk + 2 Bunny Puff + Sewing Kit (uses 10% of the sewing kit.) Makes 1 Woven Silk. Prototyped at the Alchemy Engine. 4 Silk, 1 Bunny Puff and 5% sewing kit cost if the perk "Crochet" is active. Welcoming Webby Whistle: 2 Woven Silk + Webby Whistle + Beefalo Bell. ArmoRaid: 1 Woven Silk + 1 Pig Skin. Fang Sharpening Kit: 2 Cut Stone + 3 Flint + 1 Rope Advanced Warrior Switcherdoodle: 1 Warrior Switcherdoodle + 3 Woven Silk + 6 Pig Skin. Advanced Dangler Switcherdoodle: 1 Dangler Switcherdoodle + 3 Woven Silk + 3 Bunny Puff. Advanced Nurse Switcherdoodle: 1 Nurse Switcherdoodle + 3 Woven Silk + 9 Honey. Advanced Cave Switcherdoodle: 1 Cave Switcherdoodle + 3 Woven Silk + 9 Cut Stone. Advanced Spitter Switcherdoodle: 1 Spitter Switcherdoodle + 3 Woven Silk + 12 Nitre. Advanced Shatter Switcherdoodle: 1 Shatter Switcherdoodle + 3 Woven Silk + 9 Moon Glass. Advanced Strider Switcherdoodle: 1 Strider Switcherdoodle + 3 Woven Silk + 6 Figs. Spider Saddle: 4 Woven Silk + Saddle + Spiderhat Wall of Text (Deeper Explanations) Time to Wall Of Text. There are a lot of details that would be too much to add to the initial explanations, so if you got the gist of all the skills you don't need to read all of this. I warned you. Woven Silk is expensive for a reason, and that's because it has several very good uses. The spider saddle gives you a personalized mount, Advanced Doodles let you empower yourself and your army, etc. That's why getting Weaver and Crochet would be vital, since you need so much Woven Silk. Getting that 50% cost reduction helps in the long run. The Welcoming Webby Whistle has a few benefits. First off, it is an infinite use Webby Whistle. No more having to craft more to manage armies. As you can see in the recipe, it is crafted with the Beefalo Bell. That is because it serves as the tether for Spider Queens and the Royal Spider Queen. You cannot use a Beefalo Bell on Queens so it acts as the replacement. The Warning Webby Whistle serves as a direct upgrade to the Welcoming Webby Whistle, and allows for better control over any follower spiders. One blow of the whistle will change any following spiders from one state to another. The first state that they always start in is Following, which is the state their in with the base game, nothing changes about this state. The second state is Passive. Immediately after Following, Passive causes all spiders following Webber to become stationary. They no longer attempt to get as close to Webber as possible and will essentially become, well, passive. The last state immediately after Passive is Aggresive. In this state, spider followers will no longer need to be set onto targets, they will attack on sight. This excludes passive mobs like Glommer, butterflies, but not neutral mobs like Beefalo and Pengulls. ArmoRaid and the Fang Sharpening Kit are direct opposites of each other, and are also mutually exclusive. Using either on a spider follower will essentially "upgrade" them. Consumed like a Switcherdoodle, it does not change their appearance but their stats change. ArmoRaid provides a 40% damage reduction value to fed spiders, while the Fang Sharpening Kit provides 10 extra damage per attack. Here comes the second biggest thing, the Advanced Doodles. Each one is an expensive upgrade to the doodle of the same type, and has the same stats when eaten. What it does is if the proper skill isn't unlocked, Webber will refuse to eat it, saying something like "We're not ready to change!" If the proper skill is unlocked (like "Battle Built Bug" for Angler Switcherdoodle) then they will consume them, changing into a new form. The forms are based on the doodle they eat, and lasts until they dies, or takes a total of 300 damage since they consumed the doodle for their current transformation. The Royal Spider Queen can consume doodles to transform as well, but I'll discuss her forms in the Ranching section. Each transformation for Webber is as follows: Warrior: Webber gains a flat 10 damage on top of any attack they deal with any weapon. Additionally, Webber has an increased hunger drain (I'd say no more than 1.25x the normal amount) Cave: Webber has the cave spiders ability to curl into their exoskeleton and take 90% reduced incoming damage, but be unable to act. Nurse: On every fifth successful attack on the same target, Webber will slam the ground and heal himself for 8 HP, and all nearby spiders 150 HP (the same as nurse spiders healing) Spitter: Webber can throw his currently equipped item, and can equip minerals (rocks, flint, gold, gems) and throw them at targets, with damage based on the item thrown. Dangler: With a right click Webber can lunge at a target like a Dangling Depth Dweller or Warrior spider can. It has a lengthy cool down but low i-frames so it's a safe move. Strider: Webber gains immunity to wetness from all sources, and upon drowning will not lose any items or stats. Shattered: Webber deals a percentage of damage he takes to attackers on a short cooldown. You thought that was a wall of text, get ready for Ranching. There is so much involved with this part, so buckle up. A tier 3 Spider Den can be upgraded into a Noble Spider Den with 3 Woven Silk, as long as the skill "En Pessant" is active. This gives it a seeker but busier look. A Noble Spider Den can be transformed into a Noble Spider Queen but blowing any Webby Whistle nearby. These act the same as a Spider Queen, but have 2000 Health. A Noble Spider Den acts the same as a tier 3 spider den, with the exception that it has 1500 Health and has 15 normal spiders, 8 Warriors and 2 nurse spiders. A Noble Spider Queen will only spawn spiders when fully tamed. With "Queen's Gambit" active, Webber can use 5 more Woven Silk (for a total of 8) to turn a Noble Spider Den into the Royal Spider Den, giving it a new glamorous look. There can only be one Royal Spider Den in the world per Webber player, and each one is tied to that player. Attempting to create a second Royal Spider Den from a Noble Spider Den will result in Webber saying "We don't think two Queens will get along." The Royal Spider Den has 2000 Health, has 20 spiders, 10 warriors and 4 nurse spiders, and has an extra tile of sticky webbing. A Royal Spider Queen has 1500 Health, and will only spawn spiders when fully tamed. After an hour and being loaded for longer than 1 minute, or upon a Warning Webby Whistle being blown nearby, it will transform into the Royal Spider Queen. Just as there could only be one Royal Spider Den, there can be only one Royal Spider Queen. If there is a Royal Spider Queen alive, Webber can make a Royal Spider Den, but it has its timer paused and cannot be turned into another Royal Spider Queen. Noble Spider Queens can be tamed by clicking on the with a Welcoming or Warning Webby Whistle. This process is similar to taming a beefalo, as she will have a hunger meter, a domestication meter, a health bar and an obedience meter. She will not be rideable if obedience is too low, builds domestication over time and via other various actions, and loses domestication if she is stationary and hungry. This taming process is different from beefalo as Noble Spider Queens cannot be fed twigs, veggies, etc. Noble Spider Queens must be fed any meat food, such as Monster Meat, Pierogi, Meaty Stew and Morsels. The value of hunger the meat gives will give the Noble Spider Queen double, but she drains hunger twice as fast as a Wilson. The process of taming the Royal Spider Queen is exactly the same as a Noble Spider Queen, with one small difference. The Royal Spider Queen does not accept unprocessed meats, so she can only be fed with crockpot dishes, dried meat and cooked meat. Additionally, the Royal Spider Queen has a higher obedience to be ridden, and loses domestication faster if she is hungry and not stationary. In order to ride any Spider Queen, they must be above their obedience threshold and be equipped with a Spider Saddle. Both Spider Queens that are tameable do not have tendancies. A Noble Spider Queen while being tamed runs at the same speed as a Spider Queen. It is intentionally slow, as they are relatively easy to obtain and cheap. When fully tamed, they will have a small speed boost to be around 1.25x the normal Spider Queen walking speed. With both "Advancement" skills, she should be around the speed of a normal, undomesticated Beefalo. A Noble Spider Queen deals 40 damage to a single target, and when fully tamer deals 60 damage to a single target. The Royal Spider Queen runs in between the speed as an untamed Beefalo and a normal Spider Queen. With both "Advancement" skills, she ends up being as fast as a fully tamed beefalo with a normal saddle. As stated earlier, the Royal Spider Queen is a lot harder to domesticate but has better stats. A taming Royal Spider Queen deals 51.5 damage to a single target, and when fully tamed deals 70 damage to a single target. While she, like the Noble Spider Queen, does not have tendancy, with the skill "Royal Feast" she can be fed Advanced Switcherdoodles to change her form like Webber. The forms are as follows: Warrior: The Royal Spider Queen deals 10 Planar damage in addition to her standard attack. Cave: The Royal Spider Queen gains 10 Planar defense. Nurse: This allows the Royal Spider Queen to regenerate health twice as fast, as well as heal Webber for 8 HP every 20-30 seconds. Spitter: This gives the Royal Spider Queen a ranged attack that does 35 damage. Dangler: Allows the Royal Spider Queen to create a Spider Den on a location of the players choosing, once per 7 days. Strider: Gives the Royal Spider Queen the ability to swim, but at half her normal speed. Shattered: Imbues the Royal Spider Queen with moon shards, causing her attacks to deal 0.25x damage to targets around her main target. Webber can only feed the Royal Spider Queen an Advanced Switcherdoodle when she is fully tamed, and the form lasts until she has taken more than 500 damage. When fully tamed, the Royal Spider Queen leaves temporary trails of sticky webbing where she runs. She also spawns spiders whenever stationary for long enough, and has a higher chance of spawning warriors and nurse spiders. These spiders are considered Webber's followers, and will act accordingly. The Spider Saddle can be removed with a saddlehorn. Noble Spider Queens and the Royal Spider Queen are passive to neutral mobs (Chester, Glommer, Beefalo) when being tamed.
  19. I'm not able to replicate this on PC at least (example vid in spoiler), would be interested to hear if you're doing anything different besides being on Xbox. I'm 99% sure it does not (example vid in spoiler): Daywalker's attacks are directional which is probably why you're avoiding damage by lunging through them. You can get a similar effect with Dragonfly but only if you dash far enough to be out of Dfly's reach:
  20. Considering that this is an eel with the appearance of a moray eel that lives in ponds near the ruins of an ancient population of human beetles, nothing prevents it from being an electric eel (in our world, eels are really electric). It's funny, but you can make it so that when we kill an eel, we can be electrocuted, as it happens with jellyfish, Shipwrecked In my language, moray eel and eel are completely different words, "Мурена" and "угорь", but in any case, the game features a freshwater eel(Freshwater eels can be electric), whereas moray eel is a marine fish
  21. I'm sure it does, I dodge the Nightmare Werepig's lunge by literally dashing through him as he pounces on me.
  1. Load more activity