All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Do those recipes include terra firmer and sawhorse bps (not the structure but their crafts)
  3. Don't Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition - (Update 1.0.9) out now! Fix for crash when crafting Rabbit Traps or Bird Traps, or loading a world with one in your inventory.
  4. It would surely be competing better against the Lunar Flames if there was much less cooldown on it too. It seems fair and square to have it on the other affinity but Shadow Flames are insufferably less precise and would deserve more frequent casting to compensate. I say yes to improvements in their homing capacity, but I don't think we're gonna reach anytime soon a better prioritizing of the flames but that's okay as it's very subjective, usually.
  5. Willow's shadow flame is indeed strong enough. For the vast majority of bosses who are not afraid of the impact of attack frequency and have fast speed, Shadow Flame is definitely better than Moon Flame, such as Nightmare Werepig or Armored Bearer. Moreover, for the vast majority of station bosses other than Crab King, Shadow Flame has an advantage because Shadow Flame can take advantage of its cooldown to output, while Moon Flame takes a few seconds to last and cannot output, such as Toadstool. The advantage range of Moon Flame lies in dealing with group hostile creatures and a few rare group bosses, such as Queen Bee. Nevertheless, the Moon Flame is still not suitable for dealing with Dragonflies, as they are not affected by attack frequency and have a fast speed.
  6. I only use shadow flames because visually it looks awesome and it syncs up better for me with Willow's lore short (or I guess Wicker's, more specifically) and my favorite skins for her. With that in mind, I appreciate all of the hard work people who use (or at least experiment with) both put in while they continue to request buffs. Just wanted to say that!
  7. I can't WAIT!! Kinda sad that testers don't appear to get anything special, though.
  8. monkey and that's it, which'd normally go away before you get to anything that you'd want to pick up both spells work at range tho? all things that you've mentioned can be killed without ranged/speedboosts and they aren't hard to deal with, it's only a slight time save and iirc armored bearger doesn't even run away anyway make it applicable against things that spawn things that you can target, that'd be enough they have a 13 seconds cd instead which makes them worse against 1 target
  9. you could set up crystaleyezers/furnaces everywhere as anyone else and you get umbralla and max hunger doesn't matter if it's above 150 and wanda can use bunnymen and merms too you could just have the trees near the portal or go there normally since you aren't going to do that often anyway you don't need to think much about using an item after your hp goes below max - amount of hp that gets healed by the food and less stuff to do during fights is less fun and a 12 frames long anim doesn't matter i don't owe you anything
  10. But there are only a handful bosses in the game. What about every other time you face enemies that keeping a distance from you? Malbatross, Celestial Champion, Nightmare Werepig, Armored Bearger, MacTusk, Powder Monkeys and other enemies that you want to keep a distance from, or that are staying away from the player. Of course the area of effect equivalent skill will be better if you are fighting hordes of small enemies in a contained area. Shadow Flames are already super powerful because of its utility. I love that skill but no buff is warranted. If it was any better most battles would be a snorefest.
  11. If you are looking to farm bosses she is best. And her fish insulation/frog rain/wet immunity plus high hunger stat plus merm army means shes better than wanda for megabasing. Rider beefalo with glossamer is fast enough for late game travel. Biggest downside of wandas rift network is that no other character can use it so its a waste of time if you switch characters often. Which for megabasing you will be, eg. maxwell or wormwood for farming. Atleast if you invest in regular merms every other character can use them. Does matter. Means i dont need to stop attacking to heal or even think about it. Also walter skill tree suggestions please
  12. This got resolved — Mod got updated, game worked fine after this and could open as normal.
  13. I already did mention in the post that this is the one true upper hand that Shadow Flame has over Lunar, but your DPS during that period of time after casting Shadow Flame does heavily depend on your weapon and if you need to kite or not, which is not a problem that Lunar Flames has.
  14. Was playing the game recently and was mainly in the Forest so I didn't know how long this issue has been occurring, but when my brother went into the Caves we found the following: Our Florid Postern, what appears to be all the mushtrees in the Caves as well as the floating light bulbs and Mush gnomes all somehow spawned in the blank space between land. Our Ancient Pseudoscience machine also somehow has teleported there. Our Ancient Archive is also completely devoid of Sentrypedes (what my brother originally went down to do is to get a Spark for the new Spark Ark). Because of this, our Mushroom biomes are also completely devoid of any of the Mushtrees, and our Shadow Rifts are also being odd — we will have a rift open in one place, but still have Miasma left over in another, for example. I uninstalled all the mods multiple times, but that doesn't seem to be the cause of the issue? I attached my client_log.txt as well as a screenshot of aforementioned issue. For reference: we have the lunar rifts and shadow rifts, so we've defeated Ancient Fuelweaver and Celestial Champion.
  15. you're going to have excessive healing after killing BQ anyway so no need for that unnecessary and you can already use loading screens for that wdym, isn't that a disadvantage?
  16. Today
  17. keep in mind that you can keep holding F for 4 seconds after casting shadow fire to deal 582 more damage or 922 if you have enlightened crown and all gestalts proc and hit
  18. It is a good idea though. You efficently gain hp, and get a break to plan things. Cant be turned on constantly.
  19. The problem here is that if you used Lunar Flames 8 times with an enlightened crown you would do 11,100 total damage, whereas with Shadow Flames you would do 8,960 total damage (with the shadow aligned damage bonus on celestial champion included! on a shadow aligned target Lunar Flames would do EVEN more!) Now imagine fighting two targets with Lunar Flames, that damage would be doubled whereas Shadow Flames would be bottlenecked as it has no AoE. (In the process of testing these calculations I kept losing 2-3 Shadow Flames per cast because the flames kept circling around the dummy and fizzles out)
  20. the problem is that many bosses summon things that you can target e.g. FW's woven shadows so sometimes 4 flames try to kill them with only 1 hitting FW if you lure FW away from them instead of killing them, just making it prioritize bosses within a tile away from you would probably be enough to make it useful for killing the hard bosses
  21. Yes, Willow's Lunar affinity is significantly better than Shadow. AOE, high frequency attacks, and controllability are all huge advantages in this game. But well, they are balanced and same powerful in controller friendly dark souls style boss fight, this problem will be solve itself when they make this part of the main content of DST.
  22. The stakes I guess, a base can be burned down while I'm away and lose all progress. There'd also be less of a push to be productive and just hand around talking to peeps.
  23. Dude, Shadow Flames is already very powerful. Around one stack of embers is enough to wreck the Celestial Champion in its third phase while wearing the Celestial Crown without the boss even being able to land a hit on you.
  24. Hello, everyone! After the engaging conversations I have with some people in the forums regarding Wilson's skill tree as seen here, I'd like to share what I have come up with to make our beloved gentleman scientist remains relevant in DST. Feel free to leave feedbacks and other suggestions! A rough look at the "improved" skill tree. The pictures below are the explanations for said perks. (So sorry if they seem wonky, I cobbled this up in Medibang Paint mobile lmao) I'd like to extend my thanks to @mkemal23 and @Echsrickfor some of the ideas, they are pretty creative! And as always, we Wilson players MUST KEEP VOICING OUR OPINIONS to Klei so they will consider to make changes that befitting the man that once conquered the Constant with the power of his mind.
  25. Wurt Being able to brake ices from ponds getting ice and being able to fish in it. Fish in ponds with bare hands at the cost of sanity Swim in the ocean at the cost of hunger drain and wetness speed increase Increase range of befriending multiples merms Dry faster Wurt gets a power wheel using tridents, maybe summoning some types of merms like workers, tankers etc... or casting powers. Webber Spiders quiting with webber, like beefalos do, and also getting into/out of the caves with webber Webber being able to create spider queens faster, maybe a idol or maybe sleeping in a not decorated third level nest too much Befriended spiders take a bit longer to start eating the meat drops For agaist lags, webber not being able to befriends thousands of spiders but, his befriended spider gets buffed so we can be Satisfied with a few spiders like maybe being able to cover spiders with silk to protect them like armors Spiders tent to touch webber to stop walking at him... increase that range pls so they don't keep pushing him around Willow Synergy with fire staff _ exemple: deal damage per cast, loses less % of the staves per cast, and also don't loose sanity or loses less sanity Able to craft ember storage so the inventory doesn't get fulled with only embers Willow was once the one hated to pick in winter but now she is the greatest character for winter, maybe making her temper lower faster or something idk just, where are the downsides? Wigfrid Wigfrid's charge throw her a bit away, not meaning to increase range of the charge, it'll be the same but after a charge she is thrown a bit away from danger so in cases like charging monkeys, spiders or hounds hords, you don't get stuck in the middle of the hords uncapable of doing nothing about it Winona Only her can manage her machines... everyone pick winona only to craft her stuffs and changes character... nobody plays winona, pls make her unique Winona being able to fix tools, burnt structures, wx chips Instead of her buildings completely being destroied, they become a pile of wreckage, so we can rebuild it with 3 tapes for exemple All of her gens being able to turn on/off, and maybe a new gen that is refueled with burable stuff New machine like for exemple wagstaff's tumper, not the same one tho, i mean new ones that maybe uses scraps to craft, like one that can dig up minerals for rock, nitre, gems, the more expensive the item the lowest the chance to get them Wendy Right click on morning glory open a power wheel power suggestions: Protective Aura _ each cast summons 2 orbs that surround wendy, if anyone gets nearby (even fallowers) gets buffed on defense Force of Spirit _ Summons 1 ghost as fallowers per cast and if someone (player) hits a ghost, the player gets possessed and gets stronger dealing more damage Reaper _ cost 4 morning glories to cast and one shot kill every weak nearby creatures in a certain range, for each 2-3 kills gets 1 morning glory if wendy kills a ghost it drops 1 morning glory if a player is dead and is nearby wendy, the player's ghost drops 1-5 morning glory per day, the later the day the higher the chance Wanda Clocks to do the same as her powers in Gorge and Forge, restore food and freenzing enemies in time Able to make the day get back 1 phase earlier, has no cooldown but can be only used once per day Able to create mirages... like other wandas from another timelines, so she could use it like a way to draw agro away from her or something
  1. Load more activity