All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I've been playing this game for years and today I think was the first time I've ever considered stopping. I was playing in the only South America Server hosted by Klei right now (there were more, but since a few weeks ago only one is showing up). We were having fun when suddenly the server got full with what I assume could only be bots. They all proceeded to die, except from one. Burned all the base, the ghosts gang up around my wife and started following her. Votekicks didnt work because since we were 2-4 at the time vs around 8 bots they would vote against it. Despite all that we continued to play until I had to leave for a few minutes. And sure enough another bot took my place. Only real players in the pictures are Aiume and hideki. The others were the griefers. I`m not new to griefers in this game but this... I had countless bases destroyed but its usually 1-3 people entering and then leaving. I don't mind that. But what should we do in this case?
  3. Honestly i only use my body slot for either armor or extra storage. And i don't think that will change unless we get a separate slot for it. It might play with the games balance quite a bit though so i'm not sure. Also don't want to anger the uncompromising crybabies.
  4. There's a similar trick for isolating a Research Reactor from its steam. It looks like this and it's horrible: (though it works great!) The basic idea is filling the reactor room with hydrogen, then using an oxygen tile - or for easier boot up a sandwich of a tiny oxygen tile and polluted oxygen - to keep out the steam. Now the steam can be at any pressure without over-pressurizing the Research Reactor, and also the Research Reactor can be cooled to whatever temperature you like if you want to maximize radiation exposure to plants. This is obviously easier to setup in Sandbox, but it is doable in a real game with careful deconstruction of gas pipes and tiles. It's actually easiest using a REALLY tiny oxygen tile like 3 grams. A gas tile smaller than 1 g will get clobbered out of existence by a gas tile of at least 1 kg, but anything other 1 g is stable, and the smaller the tile is the less prone it'll be to splitting which will break the gas lock.
  5. It's crazy to imagine that the item made to protect you will kill you. Don't Starve Together 2024.04.23 - 15.05.10.04.mp4
  6. Hail falls, it's tag is visible, the tag moves when character runs into it, but the only interaction possible is X - Inspect. And the hail is invisible.
  7. As someone who played Walter for quite a while, and went through 50 stages of grief, coping till my last breath, it saddens me to admit that slingshot, as it is right now, blows. An expensive, slow, low damage weapon just doesn't quite cut it in the game, where bosses have thousands of hp and many enemies come in groups/hordes. Like, really, Willow's flamethrower and shadow missiles win in both cost and damage, with one dealing with hordes well, and the other getting you nice quick burst dmg. I really doubt that the game will explode if Walter gets to use one of his main perks some more.
  8. With the help of 28 participants... I can now present to you... The Don't Starve Forbidden Knowledge trailer REANIMATED
  9. A pole with questions, nothing much else needed to explain but just wanting to have them have a much bigger impact more in any stage of gameplay instead of thermal as the boring cheap option. Clothes aren't that cheap, easier to just mine rocks to get thermals, or repair them with sewing kits with is silly by design. Yea this is a radical change and radical request. Feel free to comment your choices and thoughts.
  10. just an fyi; dgsm throws the duplicant balance out of the window and gives you better dupes than you could get normally, which can give you a huge early game advantage, there are better dupe editing mods out there that don't do that. nontheless, great job!
  11. A simple action becomes fatal for Wanda. And note that the next day will be the hottest season of the year (summer). Don't Starve Together 2024.04.23 - 14.52.35.03.mp4
  12. I like the chester duo idea. I do not like the beard roll however I generally see everyone on the forums complaining that a characters skill tree is weaker than someone else's. I never saw anything wrong with torch skills except that it should apply to other light sources.
  13. Characters can be strong but unfun or can be weak but fun. Winona and Wormwood are prime example of these. It's just sad that the second you ask for any type of change for Wilson people immediately think that you want him to have "anime swords" or whatever. This is all becuase Klei has done irreversible damage to forum users perception of "fun" and "Strong" with the new skill trees. I personally would have been happier if they gave him some unique skills for chester since Wilson/Chester duo is so iconic. There were also many ideas including endothermic torches, Beard-rolls, Abilty to dupe or create blueprints etc. The point is, Klei could have made Wilson much more fun without making him strong. Which are two different topics.
  14. the issue isn't getting the ammo, but killing bosses using slingshot requiring a lot of time and being boring max hp is irrelevant because healing is nearly instant, healing can fail as wanda but that can't happen against e.g. FW because there's more than enough time to heal and walk away after getting hit, wanda also has passive healing unlike everyone else except wormwood with the perk that makes him regen 1.5 hp per 30 seconds iirc in comparison to wanda getting 5 hp per 30 seconds per clock
  15. But adding the new slingshot crafts, the lazy flinger and the double trouble will reward experienced walter players with alot more boss viable full ranged combat with reduced need to grind ammo. Which is the main reason people have issue with the slingshot atm... its too hard to amass rounds. Yeah it does make her a glass cannon.... sorry you are just straight up wrong. Thats like saying if i give wes 2 bone armours, brightshade sword and helm hes just as strong as any character for combat as his 0.75x damage and low hp dont mean anything...
  16. Today
  17. figuring out that you can use slingshot doesn't require much thought and isn't hard to do so it isn't fun imo she gets less disadvantages from using it and that still isn't a glass cannon, another character being able to tank an infinite amount of hits won't make a character that can tank 100 hits a glass cannon the point was that it's nearly worthless, since if you're good at the game, you're probably only going to use it against monkeys that didn't stop following you after you got into ruins
  18. We can all kill bosses normally, no noobs on this forum . Its just fun to do it a different way. Ruins has all you need for thulecite rounds and the double trouble. So u can come straight back up with a thulecite club/mag to kill bee queen. Worth it for Walter players. Wanda is a glass cannon compared to the rest of the roster. Wolfgang with marble suit can get hit 40 times before dying. 7 hits is definitely glass cannon territory and thats using the strongest defence armour in the game. It does exactly what it needs to do as a niche support tool. But you are right, Slingshot is a side perk. Big woby and wobys inventory is the real reason experienced players use Walter. Woby has always been Walter main and best perk.
  19. Honestly the safety isn't worth the tradeoff in dps and time. DST has tankier bosses anyways so fights with Walter feel drawn out. If anything you're forced to play safely since there's no reward to playing up close, giving Walter a really low skill ceiling, or lower than it could be. Also, other characters can just use decent armor and healing to play with a lot of security while not taking twice the time. There also isn't enough utility in the slingshot to justify the dps. Ice rounds, shadow tentacles, and poop rounds are too niche. Also the dps should just be raised since lower dps characters in this game doesn't necessarily mean more skilled or harder(but it does), it just feels like more resources and longer fights. And Walter already has a lower dps than the characters with -25% damage with decent mid-early game items.
  20. The reality of almost everything happening due to this skill tree shenanigans is that Klei wanted to promote a variety of playstyles using the same character, but they failed extra hard. As I said in some posts before, what other choices can Wilson players choose to be relevant in both solo and multiplayer? The torch tree sucks as a whole. The transmutation tree is basically QoL stuff, which I don't mind (I greatly use the twig-log and meat-morsel transmutes). The beard perks are fine too, I love the beard storage. The affinity perks are basically more transmutes plus 10% more damage to opposing side and 10% more defense. The affinity perks are the only "combat-wise" perk Wilson can have and even then it kinda stinks. With the whole skill trees going on right now, especially with the next update possibly going to be skill trees and ocean content, I'm starting to feel not so optimistic over what Klei is planning whatsoever.
  21. I see nothing wrong with any of those options, if players don't like what they are using then they don't have to use the perks. If people like it, which I know a decent amount of people who do, then it sucks for them to remove the skill because you wanted him to be more "veteran" orientated. Wilson was always just a starting character, no need to give him an anime sword so he's more powerful to match other skill trees. Sciencless ruins rushing is an example of old players getting fun using torch toss. I could see the torch toss being nice tho if it applied to a lantern.
  22. why would you do that if you could kill the boss normally instead, since that'd require spending less time on preparation and fighting and be more fun to do than getting a lot of stuff for being able to hold F? do you also use gunpowder? wanda isn't a glass cannon, you need to get hit by FW 7 times before dying when old and if you think that walter is for people that are good at the game, what's the point of him having slingshot, considering that it's only useful for people that aren't good at the game?
  23. Dunno i myself like a nice grind to reward ratio. If i have to explore the ruins to craft the double trouble which halfs the amount of time and ammo needed to kill a boss, i will get a wee kick of satisfaction for my efforts to obtain it. To be honest, i feel Walter was Klei's first attempt to make Wanda. He seems like he was designed for pro players mostly not noobs. Inventory slots and movement speed are the two most important things other than damage for experienced players. Walter has 2 out of the 3. Experienced players benefit from his lack of sanity drain more than they get punished by his sanity loss on hit. Walter is a glass cannon but instead of a cannon hes got a woby backpack. A glass backpack you might say...
  24. it is, but people that want to make playing the game easier are unlikely to play as a character that loses sanity after getting hit it'd be fine if ammos would just become better or they'd add new ammo that'd be better e.g. deal 75 or more damage for 2 shotting hounds and 4 shotting crawling horrors or just make them not require anything, similarly to wolfgang's ice dumbbell
  1. Load more activity