All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I am on windows, and the autocompiler runs every time you launch DST if you've got the mod tools installed right? I've even gone into the [charactername].zip folder where all the old sprite parts were and manually replaced them with the new one, but that didn't change anything.
  3. I only make a new ham bat when I need to fight something powerful, or it's weak enough where other players might question if I ever actually do go to the gym as I so often tell them I do.
  4. I really wanted to have that possibility too, but I don't know anyone, it looks like I'm going to be without
  5. Here's my whole custom character I planned to change the state "Death" in the stategraphs file so followers will restore my character's maxHealth back but can't. Now I think vanish them completely from the game when loading the game again is easiest if it's possible. SOLAR.zip
  6. I am assuming they will eventually, but in the mean time this is low priority to get done.
  7. ohhh yeh i was reading the tutorial for DS ;;; Do anyone know what's the code in DST?
  8. thankyou<3 my american friend gets a dolly and i get skins. it is perfect for us both<3
  9. You need to compile the file scml to zip. By opening DST on Window. (are you using Mac?) I can't help with LUA lol but I think this might be useful:
  10. I sense a two track mind. (1) Pizza!!!! and (2) Multiplayer!!!!!!
  11. Attached proof. I’m looking for steam skins that are sellable, steam $ to buy games with, something else of value. IRL anything. Someone who does art to do an art piece. Someone to write a poem for me. Hell I don’t care. Offer what you do/have. ^.^ I’m happy to receive something of monetary value or something full of love.
  12. The warning icons on objects and jobs eg: too wet(on a plant), Local colony lacks skill hard digging (on a dig command) from the top left of planet 2 (named: tore) are visible on the top right of planet 3 (name: Timberibo). They appear beyond the neutronium border. Conversely, you can see the warnings the right side of planet 3 on the left side of planet 2
  13. Well this happens in nature without radiation; what's the problem? Sure, in nature coalification takes 100 million years, but as with any chemical process you can accelerate it a billion times if you have the right catalyst; maybe Gravitas just bioengineered a really good enzyme for the hatch gut that does indeed catalyze it? t. Chemistry degree
  14. I am a big dumdum. I made it so that battle grafts aren't awarded when grafts are awarded normally, but forgot to change the code that generates a rewardable battle graft at the start of the run sometimes. Should now be fixed.
  15. Update on the issue, now the same error ("Dedicated server failed to start. There was some sort of trouble starting the server, please try again") shows even when I try to play in my existing games, even those without caves! I can only play the game by creating a new world without caves everytime, which is very annoying. I would really like to get a solution for this!
  16. Today
  17. Klei has indicated they want Rockets to be a big part of Spaced Out! content. Let's talk about the various bits that go into that, and determine what needs to happen to make that intent a reality. Telescope The new telescope lets dupes explore nearby hexes on the starmap to discover new asteroids to colonize.It needs to be constructed before rockets, as you need destinations to fly rockets to, and finding new destinations takes time. It is unlocked by the same research that unlocks the Super Computer, meaning it's available very early. But -- how easy is it to use early? I don't think losing atmosphere to space is actually the dealbreaker here (assuming Oxygen Masks become a touch more usable). Instead, it's the fact that the asteroid surface is very far from the Printing Pod. If the Printing Pod were closer to the surface, it'd be easier to justify pushing for it, since it's less travel time (and travel time is huge in the early / mid-game). It's easier to build out, than up, so move the start up to make space-progression faster. Warp Pipe Input / Output & Teleportals Currently, the initial asteroid has both a Warp Pipe Input / Output pair, and a set of matching Teleportals. This is interesting and unique, and reinforces the "multiple base" playstyle almost immediately -- but at the same time, negates the need to ever send rockets to that asteroid. Rockets can deliver either Dupes or Elements. Warp Pipes can deliver Elements, and teleportals (or Porta-Pods!) can deliver new dupes over time. There are a couple of different thoughts here: Move the Teleportal Planetoid If the Teleportal Planetoid were further away, it would make more sense to use as either a refueling stop, or a secondary rocket launch site. I believe that currently it is always exactly 3 hexes away from the starting planetoid, which means it may never be useful to stage missions to or from. Which leads us to Warp Pipes are "Too Good" I mean this comparatively -- why would you send a rocket to pick-up or deliver materials to a planetoid if you have Warp Pipes linked to it instead. "Rescuing" Dupes would be one reason -- but the Teleportals negate the reason for that also. I think what probably makes most sense to happen is to have the Warp Pipes require a particular resource to activate -- perhaps they need a Nuclear Battery? (Or maybe that was always the intent? Remains to be seen!) Another option would be to split 50/50 -- a Planetoid with Warp Pipes but no Teleportals, plus the contrapositive -- as both of those present interesting scenarios to harvest resources from. The former is easy to exploit, but hard to access, while the other is easy to access, but harder to recoup the initial investment. Rocketry I'm excited with the preliminary changes for the rockets -- building mini-bases inside of the rocket components is novel. However, in practice it proves a bit of a chore to actually make the plans happen. I think the neat think to do would be to make the entire rocket world connected by the same Liquid/Gas/Solid network, akin to how you can pump in / out materials using the modules attached to the rocket platform itself. Then you could have both the single-compartment designs that have already started appearing on the forum, or get more complex (but at the cost of more weight -- modules aren't free, after all) to add CO2 disposal, or full plumbing, etc. Heck, if the components are adjacent on the external rocket, why not put them in the same Rocket world-space, even? There might also be a case for an "Automation Signal" network, so that Smart buildings inside the rocket can AND together into a single output signal available outside the rocket (for the eventual automation of entire rockets). Less necessary if there's intended to be a "Dupe-free" Rocket variant for the express purpose of automated trips, but with the new wrinkles of pilot survival, the "outside" tasks of refuelling / etc. is only half of what you probably need to sort out before launching a rocket. As it is currently, I find it hard to launch a rocket because of the fiddly bits of UX which I presume are still very-much in-development, so I defer my overall opinion until a later date. What do y'all think? What does it take to make Rockets a worthwhile pursuit in the early to mid-game?
  18. Hey Grifters, We're working out the finer points of flourish presentation and UI- expect some fancier effects and a proper sound treatment soon. There are also quite a few fixes and balance fixes. In particular, we determined that the win rate on the boss negotiation daily was way too low, compared to the others (these stats are for EASY difficulty): This makes sense, because the boss negotiations aren't in the main game (yet?), so they've never had a good baseline tuning. Hopefully, the changes we made to the enemy resolve levels will help even that out! GAMEPLAY Added SELF_DEFENCE flag to experiment_rook_hesh_boss.lua to prevent relationships on multiple fights Adjusted combat stats for mercenary_boss Adjusted resolve required at each boss stage in daily_boss_negotiation.lua and added an extra option for the bonus stages The option to heal your pet in daily_boss_rush.lua no longer appears if your pet is at full health Added a damage_mult to Tei's barrage attack Set up a basic combat behaviour for Tei UI Make flourish pick cancelable; don't consume flourish until it's actually used to spawn the new card Added a delay between choosing a flourish and the flourish anim playing Add Controls tab to options screen (for now, only keyboard remaps) Flourish is a card type, which can be sorted on in the compendium CARDS Flourish implicitly Expends and Burnouts Promoted Wealthy Merchant now only uses cha_ching when fighting against you Changed the order of Smith's bottle spending to always spend from draw, discard and then hand Fixed bugs with merged_glass and Smith's thickness caused by recent changes to Defend Fixed bug where scapegoat_plus2 could target enemy arguments GraftOwner:SetGrafts() now adds any starting grafts for the character unless otherwise specified. This fixes a crash in experiments caused by a lack of a flourish graft Power Through now stacks. View full update
  19. Hey Grifters, We're working out the finer points of flourish presentation and UI- expect some fancier effects and a proper sound treatment soon. There are also quite a few fixes and balance fixes. In particular, we determined that the win rate on the boss negotiation daily was way too low, compared to the others (these stats are for EASY difficulty): This makes sense, because the boss negotiations aren't in the main game (yet?), so they've never had a good baseline tuning. Hopefully, the changes we made to the enemy resolve levels will help even that out! GAMEPLAY Added SELF_DEFENCE flag to experiment_rook_hesh_boss.lua to prevent relationships on multiple fights Adjusted combat stats for mercenary_boss Adjusted resolve required at each boss stage in daily_boss_negotiation.lua and added an extra option for the bonus stages The option to heal your pet in daily_boss_rush.lua no longer appears if your pet is at full health Added a damage_mult to Tei's barrage attack Set up a basic combat behaviour for Tei UI Make flourish pick cancelable; don't consume flourish until it's actually used to spawn the new card Added a delay between choosing a flourish and the flourish anim playing Add Controls tab to options screen (for now, only keyboard remaps) Flourish is a card type, which can be sorted on in the compendium CARDS Flourish implicitly Expends and Burnouts Promoted Wealthy Merchant now only uses cha_ching when fighting against you Changed the order of Smith's bottle spending to always spend from draw, discard and then hand Fixed bugs with merged_glass and Smith's thickness caused by recent changes to Defend Fixed bug where scapegoat_plus2 could target enemy arguments GraftOwner:SetGrafts() now adds any starting grafts for the character unless otherwise specified. This fixes a crash in experiments caused by a lack of a flourish graft Power Through now stacks.
  20. Typical daily power production That's a mix of(of course) solar, Volcanos, and regolith cooling and general cooling.
  21. Wormwood was never very bright to begin with. Maybe not having a piece of brain has been the reason all along.
  22. You have to make enough Bee Mines so he doesn't heal their damage while they are frozen, to make freeze attack less frequent you need to stay close enough so he can attack you with geysers, being vulnerable to geysers requires you to time paddling and new Boat Kits crating and deployment. It still requires some effort and preparation, but knowledge is the most valuable here. You have it, so you diminish it but it's the key to this tactic like with any other boss tactic in DST. And as I said Crab King is not very difficult. With right set of gems its a 20000 health points stationary enemy with no damaging attack. He has only four abilities and three of them can be canceled with three hits from an Ice Staff: geyser attack can be canceled by freezing him freezing attack can be canceled by freezing him or dodged by walking away healing ability can be canceled by freezing him or nullified with repetitive attacks claws attack usually require to freeze him or additional players to deal with But the thing is those special attacks have long wind up, giving a lot room for reducing his health and still canceling the effect. The only time this fight is dangerous or hard is because the player chooses to make it so by adding stronger gems, or wants to crack the Pearl's Pearl, which is completely optional and is a one-time fight.
  23. I don’t think this is a bug per se it is consistent with scanner behaviour before the update. I would like to see the behaviour changed in future to make glass usable so maybe it’s a feature request
  1. Load more activity