All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Isn't the fuelweaver cheese still possible today it's just more expensive? Dreadstone pillars are a thing.
  3. Today
  4. Yeah, but lureplants are quite capped unless you're really deep into the game or switch to Wormwood. It also comes with other issues like the wait time for the lureplants, the wait time for the grass growth, requiring a Wickerbottom to be more effective, losing some of your product with using lureplants, the RNG spawns of eyes, the RNG spawn of lureplants, harder time fertilizing the grass tufts while the eyes are spawning/spawned which in turn would lose some of the product, et cetera. It's just more consistent to use the Shadow Reaper imo.
  5. To be honest, it was a long time ago and maybe I got it wrong, or there really is another mod. At the expense of the disadvantage, on the one hand, yes, it should be, but on the other hand, you need not overdo it. It's not even about fashion, my friend, but that I would like klei to do it correctly if they add it *the mod is actually good, it's just that I probably put it wrong
  6. Why does it have to have a Downside though? The entire point of character skill trees has not been to add new downsides, but to instead add new ways of having cool little things each character can do that they couldn’t before. Take Willow as an example, she can now suck up all fires that begin to start, she can also collect embers to unleash cool fire based powers. But none of that came with extra downsides. When it comes to Wurt swimming (that isn’t a mod..) I would fairly expect it not to come with downsides attached. Woodie isn’t suddenly worse at chopping wood if you fully spec beaver mastery, Wigfrid doesn’t get hungry faster using her battle rond block.. So when it comes to Wurt & Swimming, She most likely won’t even gain Wetness effects out of it. But instead of JUST being the same thing Woodie Already does as a Goose, Wurt should actually be able to pick up & gather resources while swimming (such as kelp or driftwood logs) I would play as Wurt in public servers for no other reason but to jump in a small River and gather the debris other players leave behind from building grass rafts for gap jumping.
  7. imagine fresh newbie spawn with abigail attacked by herd of angry horny beefalo. what would that newbie do? a. panic and run; b. kill entire herd beefalo that alive on the savanna; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- maybe for u? many people play DST only when they have friend to play with. i prefer to play with other than solo. even tho i feel like i kill bosses better in solo but doesnt mean i dont love the chaos when play with others. but that purely opinion i dont think any of other reason u give is worth to consider. many have their server locked to play in their own lilttle group and its nothing wrong with that. so they can learn in their own pace. noone carry another, or just want to keep it private. many other reason for host to have their server locked. maybe one play in between works so they pause alot? maybe one love to challenge them self on solo run. or they feed up with one person that choose to kill 6 of volt goat and demand rollback cus they didnt get any horn ? ooooooooooooooooookay. ig
  8. Which is what I did in my mod as well, which insofar I can tell is also the only mod that allows Wurt to swim, unless we count the one that makes her able to just walk on water? Creatorofswamps' message is quite confusing to me. I have had people complain about the wetness level quite a lot, of course, but I always figured it was a fair downside and something you could offset by using a thermal.
  9. I was talking about fashion. There, in the water, even in autumn, the Wirth freezes. In general, I don't mind her swimming, but we need control. For example, in grass armor, she jumps into the water from the shore and swims, and if she is not wearing them, then, as usual, she rests against an "invisible wall"
  10. That definitely seems like something that should be left to a mod.
  11. (Players) not player.. It’s not always your direct choice what happens in the game. With DST being a Multiplayer game, (and one with very little actual guide to what anyone is or should be doing…) then any random noob can join your world with your limited time Holiday trees you have spent several real world days setting up- one Woodie player later and these are destroyed in a few seconds lol. DST is a Multiplayer game, that’s best played Alone, do you really think it’s “healthy” for DSTs servers to mostly be password locked and only letting in the few people you can actually trust? That’s not saying a whole lot for a game designed almost entirely around multiple players. ”I” Personally might not kill every Beefalo, but- would you mind explaining to me how a newbie who joins a world when they’re in heat, angry and attacking them anytime they go near them is supposed to know that they are NOT supposed to drive them into extinction? All it takes is a beginner Wendy player with Abby AoE to destroy all Beefalo herds, volt goat herds, and beehives. Yeah sure we can now “renew” the Volt Goats by lucking up on chasing their tracks in the middle of the desert in a spring rainfall, but that requires the player to invest 70+ game days doing other stuff until this very oddly specific opportunity (you would never discover without reading in patch notes or on Wikipedia pages) presents itself. I shouldn’t have to explain how if it’s easier to rush CC onto newbies then it is to keep Beefalo & Goats alive, what type of bad design philosophy that is.
  12. Consequenses of abusing nightmare fuel. A similar effect can be observed looking at Maxwell.
  13. Wes & Woodie already have perks similar to it though, I’ve ran out of goose power over the open ocean, and Wes well he got that balloon vest.. When I play as Woody & Wes I don’t use their ocean perks in seasons outside of Autumn & Summer. Because In Spring & Winter as you said you can still get too cold. If you start your ocean based activities at the start of summer, it can carry through all the way up to Winter starts getting you cold again. Ive actually on several occasions intentionally Mistimed the rowing of a boat Oar, so I could soak myself and cooldown in Summer. Wurt being a scaley fish girl and all would probably want to swim more often in Summer.
  14. That's what i'm talking about!! A strategy that can be done even with wes. Thanks <3 <3
  15. I used to want her to swim too. But I tried all the Wurt swimming mods. It’s not very convenient, you just go to the edge of the shore, fall into the water and freeze because you get wet. If klei adds this, then let it only work when she has a "bubble fish" or, for example, she wears grass armor. this way you can control when she can swim and when she can’t
  16. Wurt should be able to swim, but do it like Lego Fortnite where she has a Stamina Bar for how far and how long she can Swim. Wigfrid has Cooldowns on her shield block & spear dash so you can bet money that not IF but WHEN Wurt gets the ability to swim.. it’ll have a Stamina Bar/Cooldown. Mark My words on that.. & honestly? That’s about all I really really want to see in a Wurt Skill Tree.
  17. i dont think any of setting toggles can make volt goat or beefalo extinction tho. i have one herd that move into swamp and all almost get killed . the last one still fighting with tentacles, so do i leave them there or i should i choose to help by killing the tentacle myself? extinction in DST is player choice. its either players kills, or player let them get killed.
  18. With the Ocean QoL patch coming up, I wanted to offer some feedback about what I'm hoping to see addressed in the patch. Ocean Pain Points Summoning Malbatross is unreliable and RNG heavy. It's like 10% chance per fish caught at a shoal _if malbatross happens to be at that shoal_. It's not uncommon to waste a ton of time going from shoal to shoal praying to RNGesus for Malbatross to spawn. QoL Suggestion: craftable bait to summon Malbatross at a shoal whenever we want. QoL Suggestion: 100% chance to spawn at a shoal when close enough on a boat when Malbatross cooldown has elapsed Deck Illuminator is incompatible with Enlightened Crown Shards. Myself and others have taken to building glowcaps on boats instead. That's not ideal for a number of reasons, but mostly because they are not a sail and space on boats is already very limited. QoL Suggestion: Deck Illuminator upgrade requiring toadstool craft to make it work like a glowcap instead of a firepit Note, it would be great if we could use the existing deck illuminator skins with crown shards Harvesting Salt is extremely tedious due to the base of salt stacks blocking your boat. We end up spending a bunch of time maneuvering around these obstacles with a paddle just to pick up salt. Not fun. QoL Suggestion: Change the salt stack base to be submerged so we can sail over it after mining it. Maybe it's just a silhouette on the water in this state. Storage space on boats is pretty limited due to their size (not a problem) and a couple of important items don't stack QoL Suggestion: Make these items stack: Bootleg Getaway, Message in a Bottle Note: bootleg getaway loot from one sharkboi encounter gives 10 non stacking items if trading big fish Note: It's desirable to save unopened Message in a Bottle for farming sunken treasure due to the limit of 4 sunken treasure "X" marks on the map. Bottles are often in short supply due to their many uses, and the only way to get them is.. RNG while aimlessly sailing the ocean. QoL Suggestion: More sources for bottles. Could be dropped by Malbatross / Crab King, dropped from sunken treasures, etc. I love the idea of them dropping from sunken treasure because this could create a neat farming loop. There's basically no reason to kill crab king more than once. It would be nice if he dropped something that kept us coming back year after year. QoL Suggestion: Give CK resources for a Rain Calling item (only rain calling, leave the rain stopping to wickerbottom). After completing pearl question, Message in a Bottle sometimes still "reveals" pearl's island. This makes it harder to farm sunken treasure due to RNG of getting a useless bottle (on top of the initial RNG of even finding a bottle). QoL Suggestion: Message in a Bottle always reveals sunken treasure after pearl quest is complete. Seasonal fish can be extremely uncommon. Finding seasonal fish is mainly an RNG exercise of aimlessly sailing until you luck upon a school of them. QoL Suggestion: fixing bottle acquisition would make fish food a nice way to try and summon these. QoL Suggestion: improve odds of finding seasonal fish schools Manning the anchor and steering the wheel is extremely slow. I don't think we should have a shipwrecked-like sailing system in DST, but the current rate of rotation for the steering wheel and the raising speed of the anchor (esp in deep water) is extremely slow. The current meta is basically no sails and paddling with malbatross bill. QoL Suggestion: Make these actions faster or offer a "power steering" package upgrade. Barnacle farming is limited to places with existing sea stacks. It would be fun if we could grow sea weeds where we please to have our own designer barnacle farm. QoL Suggestion: Growable sea stacks QoL Suggestion: Sea Sprout Starters could be used anywhere rather than requiring a sea stack Driftwood is only renewable through aimless sailing RNG. QoL Suggestion: driftwood "trees" on lunar island occasionally dropping a dirftwood (similar to how twiggy trees work) QoL Suggestion: driftwood occasionally washing up on beach of moon island QoL Suggestion: Above average tree trunk and the lesser forms dropping driftwood instead of/in addition to normal wood Misc Ocean Improvements This is getting away from purely QoL, but there's a number of things that are either missing or could be improved with ocean content. Frostjaw has no sketch/statue Collecting broken shells for decorating with potted plants is really slow. Maybe cookie cutters could also drop broken shell bits. More uses for Salt. The "salt lick" not using ocean salt has been a glaring omission for a long time. QoL Suggestion: Introduce an improved, refuelable salt lick using ocean salt. Make it last longer than existing salt licks. Collecting fireflies for decoration is extremely tedious in the ocean due to sailing mechanics and the limited number that spawn and their spawn rate. QoL Suggestion: Allow fireflies to spawn naturally under player-made above-average tree trunks on water. This would increase the areas that can be farmed for fireflies in addition to just being cool and pretty. Make anenemies renewable Banana Bushes don't grow off screen which encourages the player to start a banana farm near base to manage cursed trinkets. My first inclination with the Moon Quay release was to have a banana farm on the island so there would always be bananas waiting when I needed them. Imagine my surprise when they are only ever 1 stage beyond the last visit to the island. QoL Suggestion: Make banana bushes grow off screen Materials for boat patches are generally land based resources. Maybe we could use another boat patch recipe that uses only ocean content. Thanks for reading! I almost forgot, but it would be great if we had a way to build stationary deep ocean platforms.
  19. The sign skin will have its victory someday I tell you!
  20. Would be annoying if one person used the key and left meaning you have to do the ruins on max difficulty or go all the way to the atrium and remove it.
  21. Possibly. I have a lower-end Radeon RX6600 because I game only in full HD and for that it is plenty. Plain AMD drivers, no extra software or settings.
  22. Playing this game doesn't involve building structures and moving things around? til... /s
  1. Load more activity