All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. adding couple of slots to regular clothing could make it work. Current difference between backpack and clothing is too big
  3. Only if that's a setting you could turn on/off. It's kind of an eyesore imho.
  4. Rotwood Matchmaking In Rotwood players will have access to multiple tools. We are not offering random matchmaking lobbies in Rotwood. Instead, we have built systems to allow you more direct and indirect control over who you play with. Some of this is pretty unique, so we thought it would be worth explaining. Between Friends In Rotwood, you can see online players from your friends list and join with them directly. Simply click the join link and you're off. This feature is limited to privacy settings, so players with their profiles set to private will not be shown. With a Code When a game is created a special code is generated for the host. Provide this code to anybody you want. Message your code directly to friends or post it online for random people to join. Simply choose “Join a Game” and enter the code. Anybody can join with a code as long as there is still room in the group. Steam Groups This is where it gets interesting. Rather than traditional lobbies we have made use of Steam Community Groups to allow players to curate and moderate their own lobbies. You can either use groups that you are already a part of, or create your own group and add whoever you like. Players can list their games to their favorite groups and choose which groups to match with. As the host. When you create your game, choose which Steam Groups you would like to have access to your game. Other random players will then be able to join your game from their group menu. As a player, join a game, select a group you would like to find a game in and you will be randomly added to one of the games in the group. For more information about Steam Community Groups, click here. Discord Servers We are working directly with Discors on similar functionality for Discord Servers, coming soon. Like Steam Groups, you will be able to list and join games with players who are also members of your Discord servers that you are part of. While that’s not quite ready yet, you can currently list your game in Discord Servers to channels that allow it. With Rotwood open and a game hosted, click the + symbol in the chat box and choose “Invite #ChannelName to Play Rotwood”. Anybody with access to that channel will be able to instantly join your game. And finally - If you see somebody playing Rotwood in Discord and they have their game open to other players, You can click their name and ask to join from there!
  5. Even pockets would do great just to have clothing for, or have clothing as sort of backpack alternatives you do same mechanic of dropping on the ground. Then again, maybe there being different types of clothing - ones that are light enough to keep a backpack on and giving average or decent stats while heavy ones would require to drop the backpack cause there's too much to get around to them. It could also work like you could have a backpack on, but you can't access it cause of the vest obstructing your access to it. It would be some juggling to do when you wanna get to use what's inside, but you'll at least be able to carry over loot you find while staying comfortable. I still am saying that Thermalstones are kinda lame, they made them so powerful in DST that nothing else compares for seasonal protection, personally speaking. I can juggle well between items and heat and cold, but I'd like to juggle slightly less without killing my extra inventory i can cram stuff on the go somewhere. You know how closing backpack is a thing? Basically that. Wearing clothes would close backpack till taken off. Simple enough. Can't use that extra storage without stripping off the armor or clothing. You don't need pockets for clothes cause that'll act as such, but under the layer of clothing you gotta remove and give away some seconds to any element you'd get exposed to.
  6. Today
  7. Here we go again! Rotwood is now in Early Access! Once again, we want to extend a huge “THANK YOU” to all of our playtesters and fans who have helped us up to this point. We appreciate the support and we can’t wait for you to see the results of that effort. While we do try our best to make Early Access an enjoyable experience for our players, this is a time of active development, feedback, and changes. If you prefer to wait until the game is more fully formed, we totally understand, and we’ll be sure to let everybody know before any future price changes. What is Rotwood? If you’re not yet familiar with Rotwood; you should check out the Early Access announcement here. There is a lot of great information about the game and Early Access details in there for you. What’s next? For those of you who aren’t familiar with how we handle Early Access, you can expect an update post that will describe our priorities and a description of the general development cadence. We then reevaluate internally at various times and provide a new plan as we approach the delivery of what was outlined. While we already have an idea of what we want to do, we would like to give the game some time to simmer with the community so we can listen carefully before committing to our next steps. It’s important to us to deliver on our plan properly and for that, we need to get a better sense of what you think of the game versus what we are attempting to deliver. For now, our focus is entirely on gathering early feedback and bug reports and continuing work on the first big update. More details to come soon! Thanks again, and have fun!
  8. Well according to this, you unraveled it as soon as you got it. Next time you weave it, you can use it. Don’t unravel it.
  9. I'm sorry you have gone through this, but let me explain a little bit here. Nothing in a screenshot is proven. I can't see who any of those players are - or what took place before or after any of these moments. While your situation is certainly frustrating for you, It's not just about what happens to you, but what happens between other players as well and what we can prove. I don't think many people would be surprised to know that a good portion, if not majority of complaints about these sorts of interactions also include additional information about the interaction oftentimes also implicating the person filing the complaint as well as any number of other factors that change or otherwise influence any decision we would make. Unfortunately, it is also quite often that people file complaints over meaningless encounters, misunderstandings as well as outright falsehoods. I am not suggesting this is the case for you, but I am saying that blindly banning or otherwise taking action on an account when all we have to go by is screenshots and complaints is a dangerous thing to do. I investigated your original ticket quite a bit. So much so that I used it to help determine next steps for what we are going to be doing about situations such as yours. Because your complaint does matter and we want better systems in place too. I spent several hours just trying to figure out what I could know conclusively about your complaint as well as a few others. Unfortunately what can be proven, is very little. DST operates under the assumption that we are not directing people to play with each other. If players are unhappy playing public games, they should move to private games. To operate a moderation team and tools to monitor private servers is questionable and unfeasible for a studio like ours. I do not have a solution to your issue, at this time. But we are working on something. Not to moderate or otherwise monitor what happens in your games. But to give players better control over their games. I do usually take these down, but I am going to leave this one up for now - but I am going to remove the screenshots.
  10. Normally I’d agree, but this is beyond the normal harmless griefing. This is continued harassment, and nobody should have to risk dealing with this just for wanting to play on pub servers.
  11. Biobots always have a lot of stuff in their inventories from previous tasks that they will drop only after death
  12. thermal stone is roughly 8.5 mins from 90 degrees, around 9 if you use shanter i assume, since insulation affects after how much time you'll reach 0 temperature after thermal becomes gray and beefalo hat is 10.5, count the 90 seconds spent heating up thermal by putting it near a tree and doing whatever nearby instead of standing in place for 70 seconds and the time is almost identical
  13. Hello! I have followed some part of your codes and they're working! But this one seems not work though, the image I use doesn't appear. Can you help me figure out what missing? Edit : Ah nevermind, I found it why! Apparently I also need to put myitem.image = "myitem.tex" too. Ha silly me
  14. there isn't, they don't stack, insulation with thermal stone is only useful after it goes gray/after it goes yellow/blue if you have enough insulation for your temperature to not reach the temperature that thermal stone'll keep you at before it becomes gray
  15. Is that why I can't find a forum post dedicated entirely to talking about how I ruined someone's day, that even featured my steam link?
  16. Beefalo hp I won't mind, but taiming info is too much. Breeding domesticated cows is weird concept not sure why you want something like this. Milking beef is also disgusting hard no. Things I would rather have include: domesticated beefalo not shitting every minute. I actually ended up murdering mine for this reason, and 1000 days later his crap still lingers all over my world. This is my top priority poop really pisses me off I can't take it it's gross and it makes sound too. Salt lick without durability. I need a way to abandon my beef for a very long time if I so choose, without having to suffer through domestication again. I don't get why am I being punished for choosing to not use overpowered thing always and everywhere. Beefalo ai not being brain dead. He tries to follow the bell on the ground, and at the same time the player. Usually he walks, but some times he runs to me like an idiot while I'm fighting and ends up dead because I'm caught off guard by his random AI shenanigans. LEAVE ME ALONE GO PLAY WITH YOUR BELL. Griefing protection. As far as I understand litteraly anyone attacking my cow will cause her to drop domestication like crazy. She won't let me ride her while fighting players, and I can't stop them in any other way either. I believe in self defense and think klei should add a funny aggressive mechanic that let's you actually hit and kill players if your beefalo is agroed onto them (while not in heat) and the same for Abigail.
  17. I guess? I too use the full beard insulation perk, and it's good enough for a winter day without needing much heat. Basically I just need the heat at night, then rinse and repeat. I had made a video test of Wilson with the full insulation perk + thermal stone + the Tam o Shanter and yes, it lasted over a day. I did take off the Tam in favor of the Enlightened Crown during the night though, so the actual time may be a bit longer than expected.
  18. I literally said in the post I agree the slingshot could use a buff
  19. It's best to not try calling out names in forums as for mentioned terms of service, but you maybe didn't know. Best thing is to do is to get a privately hosted world and keep it that way. Making servers public is a risk you'll be taking and there will be expected chaos to commence. Most PC servers that are public always fight their own battles and set rules with moderators to kick people out. Klei can't do anything as they've mentioned and we all deal with it on our own. Trust me, it's pointless to try fighting that battle. There will be bases burnt and griefers will attack. Play private with friends or don't even try expecting anything to last for long.
  20. I thought playing dst on consoles was torture already, but its actually straight up hell. You can't even chat like what? Dude, just get a PC.
  21. Oh, we had enough for thermal stones. Too bad that world has only one walrus camp so it got competitive real hard for people to get the Tam and the tusk lol. That said, I usually have a winter hat, the magnificent beard and a thermal stone for winter until I get the Tam that is. Does it sound stupid? I guess so lel. Plenty of things, I suppose; mostly for farming Celestial Champion nowadays for the tall chests. Or moon rock walls for decorations/moon idols for character switching, etc.
  1. Load more activity