All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Fixing voidwalking and changing AFW behavior is fine. When they first announced changing lureplant due to Scrappy concerns I suggested to just have the scrap pile disallow placement of anything within a certain range of it, or give Scrappy a leap attack back to his scrap pile that could damage things in the way. I had no issue changing him to prevent collision with the scrap pile causing him to break his gear easily during the fight, etc. Same with AFW. He already senses when no player is in the arena and moves to pull the key out, this could easily be put on a max timer to auto-end preventing out-of-bounds shenanigans or give him some power to effect people outside of the arena. It would also have been pretty easy to just have AFW attack lureplants. There were plenty of ways to shore up these fights without nuking creative tools. I think lureplant, catapult, and gunpowder don't need to be changed. Gunpowder already got a huge unwarranted nerf. Sure it could 1-shot bosses *if you stacked enough,* but it took so much to actually farm up these stacks that players were either significantly delaying the fights to farm gunpowder or it was already late game. Klaus sack also didn't need to be changed. The collision could be exploited by Wanda to KO Klaus without allowing any attacks or spell casts, but even with removing the collision she can still do this. All this change did was remove the skillful technique of any character to use Klaus' sack to block his leap rather than stacking move speed and running way, or practicing the very-tight timing of dodging it from melee. These are all tools with uses that can reward creative play and already have interactions in the game which prevent them from being catch-all killers. Removing them is only removing player expression, creativity, and agency. None of these effect players who don't want to use them as all of the fights are still able to be directly engaged if that is what the player prefers. A lot of people who use these exploits are using it only to make the fight farmable. I can and do fight AFW "legit" often, my first kill in every world is done straight up because its fun and feels like a good achievement to pull off. When I return to reset ruins or get another bone armor / helm I might not want to spend so much time and energy so I exploit and minimize the cost / time of the fight. Utilizing the world to minimize and automate is also a major fun point of the game. There are people who aren't able to defeat AFW who will use exploits to clear it - and for that I say, so what? imo these strategies work as a sort of in-game difficulty slider. Dfly too hard? build a wall, now the fight is easier. Want it harder? Don't build a wall, don't use a pan flute, have fun with the challenge. Really its the trash takes like VVV that really plague this discussion. In order to get to AFW you have to clear AG and Shadow Pieces first, so no one is completely skill-lessly getting to the AFW fight. These takes amount to "no, play the game the way I want you to play" which is kinda dumb considering all of DST's history, and the "your world your rules" style. Its especially disheartening to see the Klei Devs officially have such a position.
  3. I wish shadow pieces dropped a unique item for each different one you kill last. Like i usually go into this fight with thule crowns as armor, is my reward really gonna be a dark sword and paper armor? It's not even slightly rewarding unlike the way easier AG which has crazy loot. Yea you get the heart but that's just the quest item. Shadow pieces are exactly on par with CK in terms of loot.
  4. The update is live and I think there was a week and a half or longer when they said that it would be reversed so it is very possible that they decided against it. That is the argument some people are making because boss dies instantly and there is no difficulty as you only need to gather stuff and mostly only gunpowder fits that category because gems can be farmed with varg farm, ruins, dragonfly, duped, hounds so you will have plenty anyway no matter what you do. Why can't these be used as an argument? The reasons players use against lureplants like you is immersion, too easy, boring, jealousy. I'll explain it one by one: Easy - player choice whether to use lureplants or not. Boring - again player choice whether to use lureplants or not. Jealousy - players don't like that they kill the boss as intended but others can cheese it, they want to feel superior when they obtain the gear when there are already options that allow for anyone kill any boss like the stated methods in the quote. See what your argument against lureplants is? Basically breaking your immersion when players that don't care can use it but you don't have to.
  5. after the new update released yesterday i got on my old 1600 day world just to see that the world didn’t retrofit at all the junkyard is no where to be found as i explored all of my world and checked multiple times
  6. i litt just resetted my keybinds and the problem somehow fixed
  7. suggestion is to make fire from scalemail same as if willow's wearing it when she's nearby so people can use fire protection armor without burning enemies to ashes
  8. What I'm seriously struggling to understand is, why do people tell others to use translator, instead of using it themselves and then copy the translation.
  9. The ability for people to create countless repeated topics with the sole purpose of wanting to force developers to return with an exploid is incredible. If they had spent all that time and energy training the Ancient Fuelweaver they would already be defeating him from Wes.
  10. Also there is no option in world settings to set scrappy werepig to more or less or none or anything for that matter
  11. After defeating Nightmare werepig in caves and going to the teetering junk pile, scrappy werepig does not spawn. 10 ingame days later and still nothing.
  12. Same here. Changing between overworld and caves can trigger it too.
  13. Voidwalking should be removed too, yeah. Would you (and the couple others above) be happy with Maxwell roots, voidwalking, catapults, gunpowder, etc being unable to be used on Fuelweaver being nerfed or removed? Or is this all just an argumentative strategy to get the lureplant method put back in? I could look at Maxwell's version of this strategy if you post a video and tell you my thoughts on it versus the lureplants, if you're really interested. If it's not an argument tactic like "lureplants nerfed? but that about gunpowder?" above.
  14. Today
  15. The exploit for lureplant with AFW is more about voidlwalking than lureplant blocking. There are many other things lureplants were used for, and this removes them. Its hard to call it an oversight imo ~ the developers would have to be coding very badly for that to be the case, and perhaps that is. I did read that person's response, but I haven't looked at the code from before those changes to see the difference. Code reuse and standardization is pretty basic practice though. Making a combat system you're going to have an attack function that is going to be called the same for each attack, and it is going to handle what happens when a thing is attacked and everything that responds to it. If they had many interactions of things getting walked into and made different functions to handle what happened when this occurred, it sounds like on some level they wanted variance. The point of emergent gameplay is to give players various tools and let them do with it what they will. Having walls that mobs will path around, health and can be attacked, and get crushed by bosses vs having statues that mobs path through, don't have hit points, and get crushed by bosses vs having lureplants that mobs path through, have hit points and can be attacked, but bosses don't crush - gives us 3 different tools. All of them were working according to their code and supporting player creativity in the game. But again at my point here - was the lureplant the problem? b/c whatever bug exploit cheese design oversite super hype character the devs favored over all others strategy the lureplant enabled is still available in game b/c the actual problems weren't the lureplant. Maxwell is in game and does the same thing. Don't like AFW getting stuck by lureplant and held F to death? Why is it okay for Maxwell to do this? Don't like Scrappy being unable to return to his scrap pile for a weapon? Why is it okay for Maxwell to do this? Lureplant wasn't negatively effecting players who weren't choosing to use it. If someone was trying to lureplant cheese AFW or Scrappy with other players who didn't want to, then the cheese would fail. Just stay in the arena with AFW and the lureplant will not help. Attack lureplants and they go down pretty quick. The players not exploiting lureplants naturally have veto here. If someone actually beat you to AFW and beat it with lureplant before you got there - then whether they use lureplant or not they would have beaten you to it, so you did not lose anything for lureplant. To me this change is a lot more about picking winners and losers than it is "fixing" any aspect of the game. Its about trying to force "sword armor f" combat over creatively building the world to suit our desires - ya know, playing in the sandbox. No one accidentally blocked AFW with a lureplant and voidwalked to defeat him. No one accidentally blocked of Scrappy from his pile. If players wanted to do these things they still can, so ppl who hate how this "breaks the game" are still going to see the game break. We just lose a creative option. Picking winners and losers, and reducing options like this is bad. For example before the first refresh cycle started Wolfgang was the only real damage steroid. 2x damage is a pretty big outlier in the cast, with second place Wig at only 1.25x. In this spread of characters Wolfgang was a problem because IF you wanted to do more damage he was the only choice. In the refreshes more dps options were added. Wendy + Abi, Warly, and Wanda were added before Wolfgang's rework as other viable damage options, each with their pro's and con's. Even though nothing changed with Wolfgang previous to this, just having other options with other characters made balance feel significantly better. That is basically what is happening here, but in reverse. Before Maxwell got his prison I could see removing lureplants under the idea of just not allowing boss blocking because it would be an outlier. With Maxwell having a superior blocking though, its more like they are just taking away some options to do the thing, and not for very good reasons. Aside from Wormwood start, which means you have reduced healing *and* sacrificed points into his plant crafting section, there aren't many ways to get lureplants anyway. A player would have to go out of their way to get this, bring them, and set up whatever structure system is going to help them - whether its AFW, farming moon rocks, pinning Klaus, w/e.
  16. I feel like they missed some of the main troubled skill trees. Wolfgang and Wilson. Also Woodie's curse skill tree is really weak. The moose is good but the rest need adjustments. The Wormwood plant crafting needs other upsides related to the plants, it doesnt add any new playstyles. Wigfrid beefalo tree could use more adjustements I like the changes they didk though i would rather saladmander sbe faster than have more hp.
  17. I remember someone posting the details on this, where it was more of a design oversight than a bug. So you're not completely wrong. I think you ignored the explanation, though. Maybe you didn't see it. They fixed the design oversight this update. Whenever I hear the "emergent gameplay" claim I remember how the lureplant bug exploit cheese design oversight looked like. Fuelweaver running into two lureplants, mindlessly, forever, trying to get to the gate. Then I frown. Then I laugh because I see "emergent gameplay" has become the refrain for this. It looks like a really hollow ploy. They were going to reverse it until they could get in some changes for console players, I think. They got that in quickly, so they probably didn't reverse it because they got in the changes. Gunpowder and catapults 1. Take resources 2. Are being used for their intended purpose. I don't get the comparison. Are you being sincere?
  18. why are you bothering with this if they admitted that they're arguing only for klei to add stuff they want lol even if it was a joke, their arguments are still nonsensical, elitist and they clearly just want people who play differently in comparison to them to suffer
  19. They are doing mid job, at best. Basic need for proper chests blocked by late game content, cleaning robot having little to no uses, no solution to nonstackables, instead they made tall regular chests redundant.
  20. I went over this before, so please pay attention this time and fr internalize this or I'm just gonna report you for trolling at this point. Console commands, using server mods, etc require admin access and are "cheating" b/c they actually change the game. Exploits are not cheating. They do not require admin access, and do not change the game. They are using the game's own mechanics. Exploits are used on all levels of play. Knowing an enemy has to stop moving to attack is exploited by players simply running passed mobs b/c the mob can never hit a target moving away. This retort of "just use admin commands" is extremely ignorant of the issue, and is factually an invalid response to the subject. Might as well say "just use kill() command instead of fighting b/c you're just doing damage anyway." Lureplant blocking wasn't a bug. Nothing about the code behavior was unexpected from what existed in the game. Many structures in the game have different effects when interacting with various mobs, the variety is a feature of the sandbox game focused on emergent gameplay. And again, my point - what lureplant enabled, Maxwell does all that and more. If you're problem with lureplant strats was how they "broke bosses" or "exploited ai" or whatever, well Maxwell does that. Removing lureplant doesn't stop us from halting Scrappy pig's scavenging, or cheesing AFW. This whole crusade against these things is petty. These didn't impact anyone's play who weren't purposefully using them. Horrible change.
  21. Horrible take, like every other take you make. I think you're just a troll, honestly. If you fail to see the difference it's clear you aren't even capable of understanding other people's perspective. Why even bother chatting then. You got your fix yet here you are still arguing with people.
  22. Is this really a request to make scalemail better? b/c that doesn't sound like what you're asking for... You were complaining about Willow lighting up enemies you were fighting, if you were wearing scalemail this wouldn't be a problem b/c you wouldn't take damage. Also your suggestion was to change Willow's fire to not burn other ppl, not to change scalemail. So what is your suggestion to change scalemail here? I'm very confused from your OP to you saying this.
  23. Thanks for the tips regarding reseting the key binds. After the update went live all of a sudden it was impossible to click on items in the inventory and pick them up while on the move. Resetting the key binds fixes this!
  1. Load more activity