All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. -- Given function somefunc(a, b, c) print(a,b,c) return b end -- Test1 print("_Test 1_") print(somefunc("test", "ing", 1, 2, 3)) -- Do local oldfunc = somefunc somefunc = function(arg1, arg2, ...) arg1 = "prehook changes arguments!" local retval = {oldfunc(arg1, arg2, ...)} retval = {"posthook changes return values!"} return table.unpack(retval) end -- Test2 print("_Test 2_") print(somefunc("test", "ing", 1, 2, 3)) For DST, table.unpack may just be unpack. Output: _Test 1_ test ing 1 ing _Test 2_ prehook changes arguments! ing 1 posthook changes return values!
  3. Wurt

History was made here. Should one day we become archived, our days of fish goat speculation will become a timeless relic for future generations!
  4. No W*s? Good update. 10/10 will update again.
  5. They said that they considered using it for the Celestial Portal during that dev stream, but decided that they would use it for something special instead.
  6. Do you have an example for how to save the original function or something? I don't really know how to do that and kinda lost on what I should do
  7. No Wurt? Bad update. Disappointing.
  8. The Conspiracy Pig

Rain doesn't fall; tears and sweat do!
  9. Ban melen for dabbling in the art of manawhale magic!
  10. What games have you been playing?

I've been playing legend of zelda breath of the wild recently. I've almost freed Rudania and have already freed Ruta.
  11. Unironically this is what I've been hoping for. i'm woody, howdy howdy howdy
  12. Count to 200 without interruption

103 We've gotta keep this goin
  13. doot doot skeletal edit:where's my good bones and calcium,scam
  14. Start glitch

Getting hangs in Bouncy land Translation: I hang on to the spawn almost every 2nd time
  15. I need help with the forum itself

I've created a wiki page, that's a start.
  16. Concept idea: Shields

Thanks for actually teaching me alot about shields and parrying I've haven't played the forge since I'm a console player, ... I thought halfway of giving the shield 100% damage resistance before since you wouldn't really get hurt if someone hit you with a shield, the only twist is you had to block at exact timing of the hit, but... that would be pretty overpowered and over complicated for new players also means giving it probably a really low durability since it sounds like a cheap early game bone armor. ;-; I'd like for the idea of a shield is a way to get closer into the enemies face since mobs like bishops and spitters usually cause a lot of suffering for someone not willing to tank them down. And it might be a way to have people not cheat the Rook's attack AI when it's far away from its spawn.
  17. Bad update, needs more sea stacks
  18. Screenshot showcase

The Luckiest Unlucky Man in the world. like come on this is the ONLY webber skin i DID own.
  19. Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

Low quality, but that thread is really getting out of hand...
  20. Wurt

One day,someone will find this topic again... and start laughing at us for not knowing the appearance of Wurt,for complaining about Hallowed Nights and for hyping an animated short. THEY PINNED THE FREAKING GAME UPDATE POST BECAUSE OF US,I REALLY CANT BELIEVE IT !!
  21. The Obligatory Forum Upgrade Thread

Klei, I broke your forums. Send help please. @ImDaMisterL @Ipsquiggle I don't know who else to tell my issues to. I promise they are valid ones, however not everyone has this problem. Some might say I dream too big.
  22. Today
  23. Aw shucks, what about the WeS skiNs i KePt gEtTinG?!
  24. He's not my 100% main... but sometimes, he's fun to play:
  25. Concept idea: Shields

Your mechanic about positioning to guard other players is interesting and I agree with the system of being pushed back after blocking melee attacks and completely negating enemy ranged damage. Shields would be great because quite frankly, the current kiting system of hitting mob x times exactly before stepping away is lame. Veteran players have grown far too comfortable with it, enough that they'd never want it changed nor can they see the problem with it. I'd go a step further with adding a proper dodging mechanic in addition to blocking. We can see the beginnings of these in Wheeler and Blacksmith's Edge. Though Wheeler in Hamlet has a dodge it's broken in the current state. A proper dodging mechanic must have a pause at the end of the action to keep it from becoming a speed meta. In other words instead of being used to evade an attack it is used constantly by players as the preferred method of travel. You can see this in many different games as players idiotically roll to cover ground faster than running or sprinting. As for blocking the forge block mechanic was better done, though in my opinion the right click and then left click in a direction was too clunky to use and should've just been right click in a direction to activate block stance. It also doesn't simulate a shield either. To clarify on the above; blocking with a weapon is different than blocking with a shield. Holding up a weapon in front of you hoping the attack crosses its field means your blocking is predictable like a stationary object and not likely to work. When it does work it's closer to a parry which is intercepting the attack with your own. That's the only reason the defensive stance is up for only a moment. Blocking with a shield is a more effective defense. Holding it up covers much of your body and so you are able to hold it up in front of you bracing for the blow wherever it may come from. Therefore I think the shield block should last as long as the person wants it to. Holding rmb raises your shield, releasing rmb lowers it. Though it serves no purpose to do so indefinitely as you'd damage your equipment for nothing and likely to lose agro to someone else who becomes more of a threat. Let players decide when the time is to raise and lower the shield. I think it should be in an offhand slot as well. Swapping gear to block and attack sounds like what a mod would do and not a polished game.
  26. I need help with the forum itself

I've also thought about breaking up the uni into smaller chunks to make editing easier within the forum, but it's able to be rendered just fine after the edits which is why I'm conflicted on that. I'm gonna ask for more help on the services thread too to see if changes can be made for the better. I'm hoping other people will like these suggested features as well. This should reduce overhead while editing imo. Multiple user permissions to edit original posts in threads - Wiki like, I know Active spoilers in the editing window - The editing window should look similar to what is rendered imo which would make the preview function obsolete or a very specific use case at that point Option to disable link-previews while editing - For those of us who don't need previews to edit I don't really use the preview function (not to be confused with link-preview) because it rarely helps me at all with editing. Can someone explain to me a use case for it that does not involve the spoiler function. Also, what is the code option for. I have no idea what to use it for, can I get examples please. I'm still looking into wiki, but the forum does almost everything I want it to do. It's so close yet so far.
  1. Load more activity