All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I suspect that Walter will receive something akin to Woodie in which the tree serves to buff up his primary perks to be more useful rather than being comprised of random doodads like Wigfrid. I have... mixed feelings about this sort of arrangement personally. I think on one hand its probably better if the baseline perks for a character are good without a skill tree, but I also recognise that this attitude is born in part from me seeing skill trees as "extra" content. But eventually every character will have a skill tree and skill trees will simply be a part of the game. And at that point its less the character being weak and more the character starting off weaker but having a "better" skill tree. Which is really just a kind of character downside. I think the main concern is that it relies on the trees for the "worse" characters being disproportionately good to the point where they are on par with "better" characters who also have their tree. And the issue there is that Klei hasn't really buffed Woodie or Wilson or even really Willow to the level of power offered by someone like Maxwell or Wicker or Wanda. Wilson's tree is four perks that take up three slots each + a bunch of crafts, Woodie's is pick 1 wereform to make pretty good except Werebeaver is still kind of below average, Goose is heavily RNG based and only useful very early on so really it's just Moose. I really would prefer it if Klei put more effort into the baseline versions of characters, especially when the baseline perk is an item. Wigfrid's songs have been a pretty ergregious victim of skill trees being the way they are and I could easily see Walter's slingshot ammo going the same way.
  3. Today
  4. Basically, as the title said. When I first heard of his skill tree, I thought, "Hey, this could be interesting." Especially after the (good) riot of Maxwell's rework. What a load of lies it was. 15 points to spend out of 25 perks that can be gotten seems pretty reasonable. But why the hell one has to spend the damn 7 points for a discount lantern? AND ONLY TO TORCHES??? Was it any wonder why most Wilson players just choose the full transmutation tree, either of the beard perks and storage, then either affinity? Because that's how much the torch tree sucks. It may as well not exist and it won't even change a thing. Like, ugh. Willow literally gets a discount Star Caller's light at basically no cost from her lighter perks and tons of embers. How does one correlate a lighter to a fireball? Who the hell knows. The other parts of Wilson's skill tree is fine in my opinion. I enjoy the full transmutation tree and the beard storage perk. I just wish for the torch tree to be either condensed/reworked or even abolished entirely. Even a medic Wilson has more basis in the storyline and Klei didn't even focus on that, which is an absolute stinker. Anyway, rant's over. Happy birthday, Wilson Percival Higgsbury. Here's hoping that you will get better treatment soon.
  5. Too weak. Make it that the armour can only be repaired once but has max efficency.
  6. If the repair function is sololy locked behind winona it would be good. Skilltrees all sort of act like tutorials for the game's mechanics. Winona needs a powerful ability that only she can do. I would think the repair mechanic should be simple to start with. You have to repair gear before it breaks like the shield of terror and thats that. However further down the skill tree it would be cool to upgrade lower tier weapons/armour to dark sword or even planar weapon strength. That way you can use a spear for its skins in the late game. Or upgrading the morning star to do planar damage or upgrading the three tail whip to do proper consistent AoE damage.
  7. Hello everyone, I completed all achievements in 237 cycles in space out DLC. It was a real journey and I am happy with the results. Try to break the record, I will be watching. I documented my journey on YT: No mods exept DGSM - Duplicants Generation Settings Manager // by Ony for the first 3 dupes Good luck!
  8. Repairing armor is already in the game with Brightshade and Shadow, as well as Dreadstone. I think adding a repair function to all armors defeats the purpose of getting to these mid-late game armors, as well and reducing one of the major points of the game which is collecting and using resources.
  9. Allow repairing armor (for example only basic armor, that requires either science or alchemy) using trusty tape. Said armor would turn into "Repaired log suit" or "Repaired football helmet" and would have efficiency based on the durability - 50% efficiency at 0% durability. As an example: 0% Reparied football helmet would have 40% damage reduction. 50% Repaired grass suit would have 45% damage reduction.
  10. So I am returning to Don't Starve on the nintendo switch. I make a RoG world with all DLC's enabled and I decided to make a bird trap and a handful of rabbit traps during a hound wave one a day 10 full moon. Once I created the bird trap the game immediately crashed. I reenter and everything was the same before the crash. I decided to make a rabbit trap instead and the same thing happened.
  11. Rework or changes on console to: - Lazy Explorer. - Wortox. - Weather Pains. And pretty much anything on console with a set distance, but these three primarily. Wortox feels like half a character on console with how inflexible his dodge is, and the other two are the reason the Ancient Fuelweaver fight feels borderline impossible on console. I had 2-3 rock lobsters, a mighty wolfgang, thulecite gear, bee queen crown, and everything else you'd need for this fight and it still took multiple days for me to beat the guy(irl in 1-2 hour intervals when I nailed the fight it was like half a day or a full one). Console dst's controls and mechanics are a boss in it of itself alongside the fuelweaver, and he's the only boss who I'll say has such a massive disparity between platforms. Crockpot dishes rebalancing. A lot of items are vastly overshadowed by others and I wish I had more of a reason to engage with a lot of the foods, considering how pretty and delicious they look. I think slightly nerfing the most used foods like meatballs, etc and buffing the more obscure ones could add some variety.
  12. https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/120919-questions-that-dont-deserve-their-own-thread/
  13. Yesterday
  14. On one hand, Winona and Walter definitly need them the most. On the other hand, I'd really like to get Wanda and Maxwell's out of the way. If only so we can see just how much of a disaster they'll be.
  15. If you are exposed to a full moon curses drain half as quickly as they normally do, and upon first exposure you will transform into a random form. If it expires you won't re-transform. You also might be able to "dodge" the transformation by hiding in a bush hat or snurtle shell when you first get exposed, not sure if that still works.
  16. Is the mass of the bits of aluminium on the rail less than 1 gram? Because if so, that's by design, mass under 1g doesn't undergo thermal transfer (probably to avoid issues with rounding tiny amounts of heat energy, I'd assume.) Unfortunately, that means that using a conveyor temp sensor can run into this kind of issue. It's a pain, but generally, just using a shutoff with a timer or measuring the steam temperature to control the release of metal from the steam chamber is more effective.
  17. If you are at the statue, you can simply stand still and wait for the curse to quickly drain out. It will quickly expire well before the full moon ends, giving you plenty of time to pick the flower once you turn back.
  1. Load more activity