All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I mean, how much do you care about understanding the difference of doing this fight on console? I could go into a lot of detail. It's very much console specific issues. But maybe that's what you mean by saying it's a controller issue? I can't imagine why it would be different, so maybe you could try using controller on PC to understand what I'm talking about. That's also why I say it's console specific though. On PC you have a choice, on console you don't. The fight is very much designed around using a mouse. I understand why it may be hard for you to visualize the issues with the LazyE and WP because the work completely different on console that they do on PC. I have PC and console. Trust me on this. For wovens I imagine holding F to kill them instead of clicking will help you visualize what I mean. Also, perhaps I disagree? Or maybe I misunderstood? Ignoring really skilled player's a ability, AFW is designed to be a management check for the player. But that's also why it's such a good fight, solo. Thinking about it, I just see it as a silly change. What's the intention? For people that don't want to do the fight, there are still a lot of options for both PC and console players to do that fight without having to do it the Wilson way.
  3. how does that matter for you? if a bug ends up making the game more fun, should it get removed anyway only because a bunch of people didn't intend for it to get added and therefore it's bad?
  4. this u CANT do that in PC also or any other platform. not cross the water and same we have cooldown upon equipping. also why u bring this up when i recommend this for bird farming. getting 2 horn basically a free small meat farming all year around 0 durability cost. even farm for the azure feather, that u cant get from killing buzzard. 50% chance for jet feather from crow and 33% chance from buzzard. u can spawn crow everywhere. while its limited number buzzard spawned. (u can even buff the spawn with feather hat) 2 horn basically nothing than the use of dashing to bird for unlimited meat and feather for wiggy. just stand and see if there bird spawn near u press the button and aim to it. dash and u kill the bird LOL u always think to the extreme, LMAO. is all xbox server all that anarchy, wild destructive player all the time that make all beefalo extinct before u managed to snag on 2 volt goat horn ? why dont u just go and try before even throwing baseless opinion here? are u the one that keep everything go extinct ? just calm, kill 5 leave 1 alive in 2-ish day it will respawned getting 2 volt horn is not that hard. lolol another wasting time reason. for someone who boast about liking roguelike games but hating RNG lmao and also the RNG is not that bad, if its bad for u i recommend to wash ur hand probably ur hand is way too stinky.
  5. Speaking of mobs talking, can the devs name drop Wagstaff? I don't like to see messages in my chat from "wet grainy transmi..."
  6. seems like you just don't have answers so you're trying to make it seem like you do i wasn't talking about lureplants cheese specifically, if they would've thought that it's an issue they would've removed it years ago similarly to making bosses destroy campfires why do they, assuming that that means removing bugs that people can't use on accident and that aren't detrimental for anyone?
  7. Today
  8. Even so, is it intended that bees don't make honey while a blooming wormwood is around when theres enought flowers?? That was my main concern, thanks
  9. OMG IT'S FIXED IN THE BETA - beforemacoschanges - r579121
  10. I carry a stack of potatoes as Willow because she can cook them with her lighter with ease. I prepare water balloons and ice staff for dragonfly, because the fight is more fun and engaging than standing next to a wall. But I suck so I often die in that fight.
  11. There are hundreds of ways to kill bosses in an "intended" and bug-free way, not just one. Like I said before, you're trolling at this point and I'm not going to bother responding to you anymore. "why does the game working as the devs intended matter?" This is one of the stupidest questions I've ever read. Good luck trying to find a game that doesn't care about being polished, Mr. bug.
  12. I have a shovel with 4% durability left.
  13. The lureplant exploit? It was in the patch notes I don't think they added it there by accident Also, tools in emergent game design are still provided by developers
  14. Whenever someone uses the ping mod I just mute them
  15. Sure, if you give me a save where you have the issue, I can test it.
  16. Not a solution to your issues, but you can mitigate with those: and
  17. There's an option to scale every part of the HUD... except the chat. Many players spam ping mods or just spam in general, and with mob dialogue now included it's become a major issue. I hope there's a fix for this in the future, it's weird that this has never been configurable.
  18. Intended to remove what? Do you have evidence of this claim? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ As an aside - DST is based on emergent game design, something Klei focused on a lot back in the day. Emergent design is contrasted to Lock and Key design. Lock and Key design gives the players tools with specific functions to overcome obstacles in the game. In this type of game the player must find the solution created to solve each challenge in order to advance. Emergent design is done by the devs giving the players many different tools and obstacles with no instructions or limitations. The tools do what they do and players must work out for themselves how to overcome obstacles through their own creativity. Dev intent means a lot in a lock and key design but not very much at all for emergent play. Getting philosophical about it, dev intent is actually antithetical to emergent design. Like a death of the author but for gameplay, whatever the dev intended cannot be used to restrict the player if the goal is to give the player freedom of choice and creativity in overcoming the game's obstacles. This is my #1 issue with the current direction of the game. The reason I've enjoyed DST for all these years was because it featured emergent gameplay and no meta-scaling. The current design of bosses, quest lines, and skill trees is breaking that apart and it really sucks to see such a rare gem get destroyed like that. Meta progression, NG+ mode, and Dark Souls style boss fights are dime a dozen right now. DST is losing so much that made it unique by jumping on those bandwagons.
  19. idk what your understanding of PC DST gaming is, but its not common to play on a public server and plan for more than 1 play session. Its pretty rare to join a public server and see people in late game. Most PC gaming is done on our own servers with our friends / discord channels / whatever groups and you can do the same on xbox. Schedule a time and play with the same people on the same world and it shouldn't be a problem getting to end-game and beyond. I've seen 6k+ day worlds on console, its entirely possible. It depends more on the player(s) than anything else. As bad as the control scheme is, it does not render the game unplayable as you make it seem here. The worlds I play on make it to end game very often primarily because *I* drive the world to end game. Whether I'm playing solo or with a group I'm taking the steps necessary for both CC and AFW quest lines and boss fights. This wouldn't change even if I was on console. The only difference would probably be rushing CC first to make the AFW fight easier but tbh I need to be trying this out on anyway b/c I've heard some good success doing that. (Well, that's not the only difference. I'd also have a lot more burn structures around out of frustration for lack of geo placement mod lol)
  20. Yep that solved it, thanks. I had hammered a few and only got twigs so I figured they wouldn't yield any scrap.
  21. Have you tried hammering the junk fences around the junkyard? I did that before fighting the scrappy werepig and got around 20 scrap.
  22. You can also hammer the Broken machinary in Moonquay island... but killing nightmare and scrap werepig is quicker than fiding Moonquay.
  23. So I'm on my 2nd run since the update, have activated the mysterious energy, and I just realized I haven't beaten scrappy werepig yet because I'm Wigfrid and trying to get restrained static asap. I beat him before the moonstorms in my first run so I had enough scrap. Now I only have 5 from looting the junkyard and am wondering if the piles respawn in a reasonable timespan, or at all, or should I go beat werepig to make him go upstairs to get the rest of the scrap? Though I think that takes time as well? I'm trying to avoid just looking up stuff on the wiki going forward so I don't know exactly how the junkyard works.
  1. Load more activity