All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks so much. The wiki was missing this and I wanted to do a Hot Lava crossover in the future.
  3. He looks so stupid lol
  4. Playtime record

Playing on a laptop I fear that if I go AFK , the thing might catch fire. Still a measly 1291 Hours.
  5. I'm here guys! I'm here for the Woodie rework.
  6. But you're already penalized for burning mobs by burning the loot they're dropping too.
  7. Foremost it's not my job to make suggestions, however I'm more than happy to put my input in if you like. Fire immunity is not overpowered and if you think it is then you must be appalled by the entire existence of Wolfgang, Wicker, and WX It doesn't effect griefing at all as anyone can make a torch and just not stand in the fire, so that point falls flat. Also last time they balanced characters around griefing it didn't go so hot. None of the perks actually matter to a skilled player, and yes I'm aware that applies to a lot of characters, however I never said that's a good thing, in fact quite the opposite. What I'm saying actually is that Willow's perks should impact all levels of skill and all points in a playthrough. I'm glad you're excited but it's apparent to me (and obviously a lot of other people) that these perks have no real impact in the long run, at least not most likely unless they go full Wheeler with Willow. My discussion was never about griefing beyond that it's dumb to balance characters around griefing, not sure where that's coming from. Also the only people who think Inventory Burning would be primarily used for griefing don't seem to understand I've stated I'd want it adjusted for multiplayer (ie dps capped and likely no ignition radius). They've also clearly never used it before, it never works out quite like the video, at least not until the endgame. And yeah no the extinguish thing was useless, considering half of the perk has already existed and literally no one has brought it up before. As far as solo play goes fun fact you can now change character (which most experienced players do now) so the "no maxwell" argument doesn't work. And regardless it's solving a nonissue, fuel is never hard to get. Not using clothes for winter? I get that there's different playstyles but even without clothes winter is still laughably easy, so yeah that downside doesn't matter still. To your last point, sure, maybe it'll somehow magically work out, however I'm speaking from 1700 hours and multiple years of playing both games, I can usually tell when a rebalance idea is good or bad.
  8. HD Textures

Oh my, I didn't realize how much power I have. I can control emotions! Whelp, time to use this to my advantage.
  9. Why not offline wortox. Let me rephrase this: will there be offline wortox?
  10. So, being able to stun things is OP, however being able to make an infinite amount of catapults to shred bosses apart isn't?
  11. U can do this with her regardless and for longer with 6 seconds immunity even better.. This is a well known concept But then you want to stun and kill and yet get full benefit from killing faster with fire with full loot ? Yes.. I think it's op but we can agree to disagree
  12. Honestly, Despite me being one of the most vocal people for Fire Immunity (from the looks of it), I actually enjoy the buffs that Klei is giving Bernie, and I'm all for them.
  13. Welp, here's my opinion: I don't see the point of this rework, guys. I mean, it's like 10 different little things, and the character still feels boring. @Zeklo couldn't be more spot-on if he tried, Willow's new perks don't feel significant, like the other characters. For logics and reasoning behind my opinion, please refer to his reply, I couldn't have said any better. With that said, here be suggestions: ADVANTAGES - Go for big daddy bernie, dealing damage proportional to the target's insanity aura (might require some balancing, could go for 100% insanityaura-to-damage conversion for average threats and Nighmare Creatures, but nerf it to 10% for Giants) - Go for campfire-safety Willow, who no longer loses drops if her enemies die of... arsonistic causes (AKA Deerclops still drops Eyeball if burnt to death) - Go for the thing literally everybody wants, and give her Fire Immunity (which synergizes with the above suggestion) - Go for precision F-strike, where enemies burn longer and don't spread to nearby flammables, as long as they're hit by her Lighter (requires the campfire-safety suggestion, to incetivize actual fire-tactics, while giving use to her glorified torch) Bottom Line is: nobody really cares about Fires, because they're hard to kite, keep up, and end up burning the loot, so the idea is either making them fun to use as Willow, or ditching the mechanic entirely and focusing on Bernie. I don't know about the rest, but I'd prefer fun fire-related perks, even if they don't seem to fit the character as much as the bland temperature resistances. DISADVANTAGES - idk break her legs Fires made by Willow burn faster, and I'm referring to wildfires, campfires, endo-fires and torches. This will make temperature control considerably harder, forcing the pyromaniac to burn entire forests on Winter and Spring to keep the heat up. It also makes the player feel like the pyromaniac, where no fire lasts long enough, and the nights just drag on for soooo long... - Wetness drains sanity a lot more. being a wet pyromaniac just feels cruel, have some incentive to keep her warm and dry. FINAL THOUGHTS Redesigning a character based around the most-used Griefing method can be hard, but don't trap yourselves around the cliché and mellow things you're trying to redesign, go crazy, worst case scenario, it's still not bland. Willow is Fire, not Temperature. I'd love to hear back from the devs on these suggestions, but it's ok, I'm just another match in a sea of... wait what
  14. In defense of Bernie

I wouldn't really want to make him not fight.. I think that's an interesting idea On the sanity.. I also hope the devs can work a bit around it.. I mean not like expecting her to be always fully insane.. The issue is her sanity pool is small.. So u really have to keep lowering you sanity constantly.. That's an important issue.. No doubt Rn I don't have many ideas on how to ask for a good balanced idea.. But Ty for bringing that up.. Maybe the other have some nice ideas about it
  15. Kill your dupes

After the first sentence, I did not expect the 2nd to be that tame... I'm a horrible person and I suppose I could be even more horrible if I'd dare to say just how deep that rabbit hole goes but I don't dare indeed. But for my future reference: Spoon; Granite; Maschendrahtzaun; Hatch; 2+2=5; Meep.
  16. HD Textures

My eyes are bleeding from just seeing this rip
  17. "You can wipe loads of mobs, by trapping them in a forest and lighting it up" You can do this with any character. Fire Immunity would just mean that you're able to stand in said fire, and I guess attack them while they're panicking? I don't see the problem. "You could stop fires from burning up your base with no damage at any point." You can already do this in-game as Willow's damage resistance makes her take 0 damage when extinguishing something that's smoldering. (Edit: This would also be the case with temporary Immunity so I don't see how this is even something to bring up in the first place) I still don't see how Fire Immunity is OP.
  18. In defense of Bernie

Well, if we're talking about Bernie specifically I think that the idea of him being able to draw aggro and tank all kinds of hostile mobs, not just shadows, isn't a bad idea at all. I'm kind of adverse to it only working when she's low on sanity though since it seems that as of right now being insane offers more benefits than downsides. Maybe as a trade off for working regardless of sanity they remove Bernie's would-be ability to fight back? That could easily be too exploitable though since all you need to heal him is a sewing kit.
  19. Im not against the Bernie idea, in fact I'm glad theres more use to him then just throw him down at base and forget about him. But the entire character is based around Fire, and it seems like such a waste to not make that her main focal point. I mean, her nickname is "The Firestarter". Also, let me go into detail on how you can use fire in combat (I tested this in-game with godmode to act as pseudo-immunity) -You find a mob -You light the mob on fire (either with a torch or your lighter) -It's panicking and not attacking you -Use this time to attack it with a melee weapon (immunity needed otherwise you take damage and make this tactic unnecessary.) -It can't attack you because it's on fire. Using this tactic, you can allow mobs that usually require 1-2 hit kite pattern to have something along the lines of a 10-hit kiting pattern. Basically, it allows you to stun enemies, which is a niche that no other character currently fills. Of course, I don't think bosses flinch in the same way that normal enemies do. I'll do some further testing in-game. Regarding the idea of setting things alight in your inventory, *that* is where I draw the line. Yes, that would be absurdly OP.
  20. Because you're not just negating damage, you're completely canceling it out. You can set everything ablaze with no penalty, instead you actually get a sanity boost for doing it. You can wipe loads of mobs, by trapping them in a forest and lighting it up. Also because you're immune to fires, you could stop fires from burning up your base with no damage at any point. I'm ok with temporary immunity, but not straight up immunity.
  21. I know that Buddy buds give off floral scents but how about Bluff Briars, Jimping Joya, and Mirth Leaf give off a oxygen boost? If not Jumping Joya, Jumping Joyas can be the alternative to wheezewort giving off heat instead of cold.
  22. Wheeler's hair art and design

@ImDaMisterL do I need to post this in the bug tracker too? We haven't really heard anything about the sprite and animation issues..
  23. HD Textures

It makes me sad that all the future content we will be getting in the future DST updates will all look like that sad axe texture in Don't Starve ...
  24. Wagstaff Lore

That's pretty interesting, thank you! Also looks like Wicker is somehow linked to WX?
  1. Load more activity