All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I remember this happened with Warly during the SW beta. Think they just need to re-export them at higher reses.
  3. Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

When I saw wagstaff with his goggles on ingame, all I can think is derp. So I made this.
  4. All my dupes are slowly getting slimelung. If it shows the location it was contracted I might be able to deal with it.
  5. Hulk easly defeats every boss in the game except for the herald because he refuses to attack him Wheeler makes asparagus useful but doesn't guarantee the hit and crashes the game while trying to put meat in the tracker Wagstaff loses health from raw food
  6. [Game Update] - 327257

Seems like Wagstaff and Wheeler's character art is at a much lower resolution compared to other characters. Really hard to see any detail in them whatsoever.
  7. @KittenIsAGeek , I can understand what may be reasons why this setup does not make ONI fly. And you are right, Rizen is there exactly to run multi-threaded computations. I tested this setup not because I was thinking it would go way better than yours. There's no reason for it if everything is single-threaded and I have no reason not to believe you that it is single-threaded. What I thought is that there's still a difference in how arguments are perceived, even valid ones, and how a tested fact is perceived. So I wanted to present here a data point that shows that even pretty heavy gear can't keep ONI up to speed. Being a programmer, I can understand that it's not as simple as it sounds to utilize more than one core when they are available. But then if the game stays single-threaded, what is the expected hardware to run it? CPUs single core clock rates don't get that much higher. Not to mention that nowadays laptops are really popular even for gaming, and their clock rates are lowered for better battery life.
  8. Late game FPS drop

My experience with a 2000, 3000 and 5000 cycle base is that the save file increases linearly and the auto-save time gets slower. I've read in some posts that it is likely the compression of the save file itself. I'm not sure how much the reports are part of the save file inflation though. I begged the devs for a config option for auto-save frequency with never being an option. I've attached a 40Mb save file if anyone is curious. I did notice that debug mopping the magma at the bottom gave me about 10-15 fps boost. Most of this magma was trapped by nutronium. r166.sav
  9. [Game Update] - 327257

Wagstaff looks more derp then Wenderp with those goggles on.
  10. [Game Update] - 327257

I just fought the Ancient Hulk, and I'm sad to say that its only drops are Iron and Gears. It does create a TON of boulders, mind you, so you won't need to worry about cut stone for a while...
  11. Medicine pack and medicine vial recipes are automatically unlocked at the apothecary when the matching doctor stations are researched Add some retries to mod db loading for cases where backup utilities or onedrive have locked a file Skill Scrubber will be correctly resumed on file load Updated artwork for Skill Scrubber Added sounds for various animated Artefacts Dupe hats work correctly on the Schedule screen dropdown Dupe hats work correctly on the assignment screens Various sick emotes (i.e. holding stomach and swaying) no longer cause chore interruption Tweaked frequency of sick emotes Dupe Germ Susceptibility attribute is now Germ Resistance. Traits, game setting, boosters, etc. affect a duplicant's Germ Resistance, and each disease has a certain negative resistance. The combination of the two becomes the chance to get sick, which gets close to but never reaches 0% or 100% (except with the custom game setting of course) Germ Exposure tooltips include a (small) clue as to where the germ was encountered It's a long weekend starting tomorrow up here in Canada, so have a good weekend everyone! View full update
  12. 327401

Medicine pack and medicine vial recipes are automatically unlocked at the apothecary when the matching doctor stations are researched Add some retries to mod db loading for cases where backup utilities or onedrive have locked a file Skill Scrubber will be correctly resumed on file load Updated artwork for Skill Scrubber Added sounds for various animated Artefacts Dupe hats work correctly on the Schedule screen dropdown Dupe hats work correctly on the assignment screens Various sick emotes (i.e. holding stomach and swaying) no longer cause chore interruption Tweaked frequency of sick emotes Dupe Germ Susceptibility attribute is now Germ Resistance. Traits, game setting, boosters, etc. affect a duplicant's Germ Resistance, and each disease has a certain negative resistance. The combination of the two becomes the chance to get sick, which gets close to but never reaches 0% or 100% (except with the custom game setting of course) Germ Exposure tooltips include a (small) clue as to where the germ was encountered It's a long weekend starting tomorrow up here in Canada, so have a good weekend everyone!
  13. [Game Update] - 327257

I KNEW IT. My theory was right...
  14. Here's a bunch of suggestion bulletpoints: 1) Number of tiles to be built When dragging the mouse to e.g. build Tiles, Ladders or pipes in a line, there should be a little number right next to said plan, showing how many tiles wide/long said thing is going to be. This would make it far more convenient to build anything in specific dimensions and simplify building material managing. 2) A little text / Symbol with a hover-over text showing what skill/job a building uses, and how it affects usage Since forever, I have had trouble in figuring out what skill and errand certain structures use. I am still unclear if the manual metal refiner uses operating or athletics, and what the feck the apotechary is supposed to use. I still am unsure whether or not any skills actually make the manual generator work faster. 3) Early Bird / Night Owl traits should be marked with an icon in the scheduling screen by the dupe's head 4) Ideally, skills, interests and traits would be visible on the same page without need to scroll and duplicants should be easier to sort/compare I have often wanted to be able to quickly and easily check all work-relevant information when trying to figure out or remind myself how I should employ my dupes. Currently skills and interests are on separate tabs making it more annoying than it should be. I would move the duplicant bio to another tab and arrange skills, interests and traits to fit on the same tab. This might require resizing the tab. Also, to check who was a night owl or gastrophobic with the cooking skill of 7 ect, I need to either click on every dupe individually or look into the priorities tab to see who can't cook. Which brings me to the next point: 5) All relevant information on dupes should be easily available and manageable: combining the priorities, scheduling and skills tabs, the possible introduction of symbols for skills, occupations and traits to save space? Duplicant management could be streamlined if priorities, schedules and and skills could be managed from the same tab. So, I could have a listing of all my dupes, with their faces, names, learned jobs represented by little hats (e.g. senior architect + gofer hats next to the face) and skills, marked by little symbols, numbers and additionally a heart depending on if the dupe is interested in the skill. The priority for errands could be in the same area, for example a box above or below, similiar to the current one. I could then click to sort by their mining skill, and seeing that Lindsay likes digging and has a skill level of 3, I could immediately increase her digging priority and noticing she has learning in the negatives, ban her from research in the same stroke. Seeing a marker for an available skill point in the "little hats" section, I could click there to open up a smaller screen for the skill tree and choose the hat she should wear. Since my memory is bad, I then click on a little bookmark next to the Senior Miner skill to remember later what I was supposed to level on her. I then close the skill tree and head to the other side of the screen where I can create and modify schedulings. I have two different shifts, and wanting to ensure I have an active miner in both, I click to expand a table where the the total skills distribution is symbolized, maybe with easy-to-read bars or something? (e.g. three bars on the "architect" hat to represent a total of three skill points put into the architechture line) Seeing the default shift has plenty of mining levels, I then assign Lindsay into the night shift. Also, thanks to the obviously visible "early bird" symbol attached to Joshua's head, I can immediately notice he's in the wrong shift and correct the situation. Also, if I forget what any symbol meant, I can always just hover my mouse over it for that spicy hover text. Well, this was not supposed to be a wall of text but I started to write this at midnight and kind of rambled on from there. The last point is a pretty major suggestion for an interface overhaul, but I have been kind of annoyed by the current system and wanted to give my feedback. (Major feedback soon before launch, christ this seems impolite.) I should stop writing before I forget completely how English works. Have a nice day. Sorry if you can't make out a single sentence.
  15. [Game Update] - 327257

@Jason data/DLC003/scripts/prefabs/trusty_shooter.lua:155
  16. Late game FPS drop

My system, by comparison, should be faring a lot worse. Its a 4-core i5 at 3.2ghz with (currently) only 16gb RAM. Yet maps with 2000 cycles are still in the 30fps range. The discrepancy you're seeing between ONI and graphics-heavy games is that most games are bottlenecked by your GPU. Rendering 3d textures is fairly computationally intensive, but your graphics hardware is designed to handle it and in this era it is all multi-threaded. ONI, on the other hand, has almost zero GPU overhead. The vast majority of the game is spent in single-thread CPU calculations. The Rizen is built around multi-threading, and excels when you've got multiple things going at once, which is an advantage with modern operating systems. However, when it comes to pure number crunching on a single thread, the Rizen doesn't fare quite so well -- it wasn't designed for that.
  17. frames drop from 60 to 5 while holding the Navigadget using a rock in the finder slot ... dlc_porkland_interiors.rar
  18. Roads (both normal and cobblestone) don't change color when the infared goggles are on.
  19. Um... stream sharing is built into Steam. SHIFT-Tab and settings and you can share your game as you're playing. Your friends can watch you play. Observer mode is already built in.
  20. Looks like someone on the dev team has a potty mouth. I was considering just PM-ing it, but I decided to print("****") it, and take the warning point if need be. (The censored word is 4 letters, and starts with an F.)
  21. Not sure how to unlock the new character, But the new boss is summoned exactly how you would expect. More info in spoiler
  22. Good map seed

What I meant was that in some maps you can start using your geyser(s) right away. I remember one map where I had a NG vent on one side and a cool steam vent on the other, without any abyssalite in the way. Certainly you can dig straight out to the geysers.. but if you're not revealing them right away and you have to find them, its a bit of a slow start. Takes some exploring before you can get to them. *shrug*
  23. Oil pressure damage

I am not so sure its a bug. One of the problems modern oil production has to worry about is the intense pressures that can unexpectedly crop up. I thought it was an intentional part of the game.
  24. Good map seed

Slow start? I used to dig straight up and be rocking refined metal before I had plumbing
  25. Good map seed

Yeah, its a fun map, but it can be a slow start.
  1. Load more activity