All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It's true, DST imo is not a calm game where you can hang and not do much of anything. I feel like this is because of a few reasons: 1 the immediate dangers of nighttime that need to be prepped for. 2: the constant danger of starving. 3: the lurking dangers of sanity drain during dusk/night & needing to fight sanity creatures. 4: the periodic hound attacks 5: the impending dangers of seasonal change and temperature dmg. If all 5 of these factors can be eliminated in a world, then players could chill easily and socialize. Apparently, the first two are eliminated in the "Relaxed mode" and the other 3 are pretty mitigated.
  3. I played with a friend that is very new to the game recently. He asked me "why the inventory is so small if we have to constantly bring and carry stuff". I then told him that the inv almost doubles with the krampus sack and that gift wraps/bundling wraps exist. He then said "but that's still small right?". Now I wonder if we really need like 5-10 more slots or not.. We definitely need more ways to use clothing ALONGSIDE the thermal stone, not a substitute to it.
  4. I would love that. Some sort of Nexus where everyone can chill and talk. Klei could make some puzzle quests and minigames too so people can collect stuff.
  5. I had idea ways back for player player vs player interaction. A "hub" place of sort akin to the map of two worlds in adventure mode. Essentially a custom map with a "paradise" where characters can't easily die and one where there are enemies. The point of such a hub would be so players can interact with each other at low stakes and go on to make private lobbys of their own with the people they interact with. I think if there was social world type lobby (that's very small and everything respawns quickly) people can opt to be more social and I feel like being more social with others makes people less inclined to grief (or the very least avoid trolls as trolls can self report with their behavior). Also the hub can double at teaching/players teaching newbies how to play the game. Or something like that. Just in game "general chat" could be nice. One you can opt in and out of before selecting a lobby.
  6. No fridge, the 1x3 chlorine area is -30c so it enters that area for a split second until an autosweeper picks it up to be sent to the steam area. The issue you described sounds like a different major gameplay bug, is there a ticket open for that?
  7. Today
  8. you need geometric placement to see a grid after you become able to place something using RMB and you should use RB3
  9. Here’s the problem with Planar, it plain and simply does t have enough common, day to day mobs that you will even need Planar for…. The only exceptions I can think of are maybe “Maybe” the ink blight trio. Deadly Brightshades? Lol nah you can chop those up with Darkswords.. Grazers? Dude.. these slow exploding marshmellows just don’t die and fighting them is only wasting item durability your better off Kiting them away long enough to snag the resources and run. Everything else *heavy groan* is tied to a Boss fight that you can as usual- Ignore even freaking exists by either not summoning the optional boss, ignoring their spawn, OR burning the body before it can reanimate to life. this so called “End-Game” mechanic is a JOKE and and… all the hoops you have to jump through to just unlock it the intended way, is actually harder than any of the current content that comes after that. There… Ive said my part, and as far as I’m concerned Wanda doesn’t NEED planar damage… Neither did Wigfrid really… because until there’s enough common day to day mobs it’s a waste of character skill tree slot.
  10. You might be over thinking this a bit. I would suggest you pick whatever character you think would be fun to play. If Wortox sounds cool, get him.
  11. Beefalo stops pooping while player is mounted and resumes pooping when dismounted would be a good start. I do like my tamed beefalo pooping... i use fertilizers for my farms instead of using crazy mixed crop setups. Its easier for me to manage.
  12. Thank you for all these features and options! The discord implementation of open lobbies and the ability to choose your own restrictions with it is such a neat idea.
  13. I'm having the same issue. It also applies to the bird trap. It makes it impossible to get the birdcage and the Pirahatitator in shipwrecked and the Prestihatitator in base game. There's also a bug in Don't Starve on the Xbox One where the trap gets set off and the Rabbit disappears.
  14. Especially when sailing and playing Willow with a Beefalo onboard. It provides a super nice source of fuel for Firepits.
  15. I don't wear any clothes simply because the backpack is a priority. Sacrificing 12 slots is not interesting. Klei already allows infinite chests. Who knows, maybe it will finally accept the request of many members to create a clothing slot. I believe that almost all players would approve of the improvement, but it would be good to leave the possibility of continuing in the current form in the settings menu for people who want to maintain the current mode. That way, it would please everyone.
  16. clothing would be perfect if it just increased your body temperature by a flat amount in addtion to the insulation, since in the warmer days of winter this could have the unique benefit of not having to warm up at all as long as you're wearing clothing
  17. Do the eggs enter the fridge at all? Sometimes the fridge makes the temperature of the food it touches very sticky
  18. Clothing is pretty underwhelming because you have to be wearing it for the insulation to have any affect. If you're used to using mags, armor or mining helm/moggles the thermal stone is honestly way more convenient because it lets you switch between all those in a pinch easily not to mention you can have a whole backpack. Plus it's not hard to warm up a thermal stone by atleast a few degrees so you can quickly start moving with it again because it will still warm you up as you move along, you can even drop it right on top of the fire so it can warm up independently as you do your task since you can easily prevent frost damage with a nearby flame. Even without nearby burnables even a piece of grass or twig is enough for a few degrees plus the convenient ambient warmth/light for whatever other purpose you're doing Clothing shines a lot more in summer because you have the amazing luxury fan for instant cooling which matches perfectly with the eyebrella.
  19. i've tried and they aren't hard, it's easy to consistently do them 1st try after you figure out their gimmick, assuming that you're using a planar weapon for stun at least, haven't got to try without that since there's no reason to do that
  20. Yes, we know that will come in the future as it did for Wolfgang and Wigfrid. And already relevant, yes, unless you've never tried to face the game's planar monsters, especially Wanda's.
  21. adding a way to prevent them from doing that would be fine but don't do that by default, you can use poop as fuel and burn it for heat imo there's no need for it and adding it would make taming beefalos even easier and more boring because of not needing to think about if/how many times you should feed the beef after getting off judging by roughly for how much time you have been riding it for and roughly calculating how much hp it has by now judging by how many hits you took and you get notified about it going below 20% hp anyway
  22. planar is currently irrelevant because they haven't added hard planar bosses yet and she'll probably get planar damage through skill tree anyway
  23. And the concept of "glass cannon" should represent a very high power with a very vulnerable defense. There is no such thing as extremely high power against planar monsters, but only an aggravated vulnerability. Then Wanda becomes just a "glass". Wigfrid is dealing absurd damage when he combines the crown with the book of sanity and his most powerful weapon, but without any vulnerability. And just to note, the longest time of a character I have in DST is exactly Wigfrid. Therefore, this glass cannon idea even made sense when Wanda came to the game, but currently it doesn't make any sense anymore. And I don't even need to mention the size of the indirect nerf that Wanda's teleportation system suffered with the arrival of Frostjaw.
  24. there's no reason to take damage from those, you can get a thermal before winter, a mooncaller/nitre before summer, an umbrella or eyebrella before shadow rifts, get food and there are no hard planar bosses yet, passive because you don't need to do anything to get it after making the clocks unlike other characters needing to get something to heal you don't need to spend time on getting healing from clocks after making them tho, so they're even better, since you can run out of jellybeans/bat bats/tents they need to waste a lot of time on making crock pots, getting a bird cage and getting ingredients for cooking that, so it's fine, no one does that when playing as them unless they're extremely bad at the game getting jellybeans requires spending time, unlike healing using clocks, there's also already no risk because planar enemies don't have attacks that are hard to dodge
  25. Well, my games don't last for 1000+ days, so i never thought about a world full of beefalo poop xD But i agree that tamed beefalos should learn some manners and stop pooping, or do it at the salt lick only. Littering the game with objects is never a good thing. And i agree that the lick can be infinite, or refuelable. Beefalo widget can be as informative (or non-informative) as the base game interface, mods will regulate that. But i guess we agree on that it should be introduced in some way, at least like the one that boats have
  1. Load more activity