All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. a charlie from my tumblr [igenious over there as well!], with a tarot-inspired design
  3. [Game Update] - 328827

An alternative to the smaller inventory size is to make any item Wheeler carries have a reduced maximum stack size. You would still have the ability to carry tools and equipment without issues but reducing stack sizes could make carrying large amounts of resources more difficult. It could also be a bit tedious when transferring items from chests to inventory, although hopefully not annoying. Additionally, Wheeler is the first character to have a higher base speed. Which just feels weird, speed is the most overpowered stat in the game, every other character who has an improved running ability needs to do something in order to attain it.
  4. Sure, a key component of properly balancing characters in a multiplayer game is considerations of how well the characters complete similar tasks. As it stands, maxwell is an incredible fuel supplier, able to level forests in matters of minutes, providing fuel for in game years, regardless of if the player has a fuel bonus or not. What this means is that willow's fuel balance won't matter most likely when I have 9 chests filled with each 9 stacks of 40 logs from swapping out to maxwell. I would guess any intermediate and above player in terms of skill could complete this task without issue, making the perk useless entirely for them. And even for the beginners usually fuel isn't too much of a challenge (even without a maxwell) meaning the perk solves a nonissue.
  5. Let's Get this Straight, if you think that the Willow " Refresh " is good then you might wanna skip. https://steamcommunity.com/games/322330/announcements/detail/1628524688255214776 This rework gonna go unnoticeable. these minor changes won't " save Willows From Extinction " unless the Devs are hiding Fire Catapults up their sleeves. Literally nothing will change. but idk maybe experienced Willow Players will disagree. Willow no longer gets cold from low sanity. Can't Complain Willow takes more damage and loses sanity from freezing Gotta Burn em All Willow takes less damage from overheating. Cough Cough Fire Immunity Cough Cough Willow gets fire immunity for the first several seconds and then reduced damage thereafter. no i meant long term >:( Willow takes no burn damage while extinguishing fires and does it faster than others. Heal items exist, and most if not all the food items give enough HP to compensate that's damage taken to extinguish that Grass. Adding fuel to fires is more effective for Willow. BZATE,BZZY, **BOUNCE BOUNCE** Bernie can now be equipped by Willow for sanity and warmth at the cost of durability. Did someone say Tam o Chanter ? Bernie grows big and will taunt and fight most hostile creatures when Willow is nearby and insane. Can't Complain about this one, will surely save some durability of my Weapons. We found that our schedule was just too demanding and we want to be able to make things interesting and not just pump out stuff as fast as we can. i like the sound of that. Recommendation : i will mostly leave it for Willow Players as i am not that of a willow player, i have tried her for 10-12 hours but i think i dont have much experience yet to judge. but, a wider range lighter would be great and an ability for willow to light mobs on fire by hand. had to get this off my chest badly, cause i wont lie, Willow was probably the most rework i was excited about, hey at least she's is better than Wes Now.
  6. silly drawings i make

You'd think Klei would've had Wortox as the "It's just a prank, bro" update.
  7. Some sad to hear but i'm happier to know that you will take your time, i've more time to buy skins or maybe wortox to help with the development I don't use other character appart of wilson so i'm just waiting for him i'll wait patiently
  8. This real life mechanic is not currently in the game. Gas won't compress because of height. It will continue to expand, practically ignoring gravity, to try to reach equal pressure throughout. You won't find one, as the mechanic is not implemented in game. Maybe in a DLC someday, with gravity fully developed?
  9. don't forget the feminist with minigun turrets
  10. In defense of Bernie

Yeah, maybe I'm just afraid of Bernie stepping on Abigail's toes as a powerful combat familiar. I feel like I've already shared most of what I think are my better Willow ideas and I don't want to annoy anyone by reposting them too much. Overall, balancing things must be a really tricky thing so it wouldn't hurt if everyone would cut the developers a little more slack.
  11. Can you explain why the existence of Maxwell negates her one fire perk?
  12. silly drawings i make

wortox absolutely PRANKS wilson with his bee mine
  13. The Woodie rework will improve Woodie by making him apologize to whatever he attacks. He will also be 20% more polite so pigs will gift him humble gifts such as manure and stingers as a token of appreciation for his immense politeness, he will also deal 12% more damage with axes and be able to dual wield them and approximately 2 and a half players will be able to mount him while in werebeaver form with the help of a saddle which in turn negates his sanity loss because he's helping his friends and it makes him very happy. Wilson's refresh will allow his beard to grow by 1 more stage which grants him 10% more insulation so I'm also very excited for that refresh as well and feel it was a long needed buff for Wilson ! This information was 100% scientifically proven to be a true scientific fact by NASA themselves so your welcome for the spoilers.
  14. I'd like to add a slightly different take on this, based on recent testing, and experiments done in the past. Both mesh and airflow tiles behave thermally like debris. They interact with the tile BELOW them, and exchange heat with that tile. So they are not perfect insulators with things below them. It is true that they do not exchange heat with tiles to the side or above, but they do exchange heat with tiles below. This is like debris, not buildings. The exchange rate is the same rate as the same mass of mined matter sitting as debris. This is true in vacuum, gas, and liquid environments. Heat transfer to surrounding medium, and to the tile below, matches the heat transfer of debris. To me, this suggests the code treats the 100kg metal from the mesh/airflow tile as if it were debris, for heat calculations. It's subtly different than buildings, which can help with planning builds later on. Consider the images below. In the first image, in a vacuum, the debris and mesh tile transfer heat at exactly the same rate to the tile below. The solid tile of metal transfers heat much faster, while the mesh tile maintains perfect temp. In the second image, hydrogen gas enters the picture. The two setups transfer heat to the tile below at almost the same rate. I say almost because my initial temps of two two metals were 1738.9K and 1739K. Some very interesting turbulent up/down changes of gas temp on both sides that cause the two sides to cycle between which transfers heat faster. The cyclic behavior suggests some numerical scheme is at play (high deltaT clamping because of the multiply by 25 gas/solid interacion). However, the average behavior suggested the two really do transfer heat at the same rate. In the third image, the liquid water stabilized the turbulent temp changes, and the two pictures transfer heat at the exact same rate. In summary, think of mesh and airflow tiles as debris for heat transfer computations. Whether this is intended behavior or not, that's another question. One fun side effect of this fact is that you can rapidly alter the temperature of an insulated tile by building a mesh or airflow tile ABOVE it. I ran into this issue quite a bit with the old steam turbine, and for a while I wondered why some of my insulated ceramic tiles would stay at 20C, while others would reach >150C. The issue was always either (1) metal debris above the hot insulated tile or (2) a mesh or airflow tile above the hot insulated tile. This fact can be used to both heat and cool insulated tiles rapidly. Coupled with running debris through an insulated tile on conveyors, you can watch insulated ceramic behave like regular obsidian (hyperbole).
  15. Wheeler's hair art and design

Actual bugs and glitches are to be reported, like the Wes animation issue up there. Just check the Bug Tracker to make sure someone hasn't reported the issue already
  16. So I entered a cave while holding the navigadget with aloe in it and I crashed, I tested this again and it just made me weirdly slide until I unequipped it
  17. Thankfully those grass jungles tend to burn themselves because the Beetles are dumb and try to fight Thunderbirds.
  18. Neat for Willow mains, I suppose. I sure hope Wendy is the next refresh teased/released in July, my birthday is in July! And I hope they do not remove Abi defending us, it's part of my play style. I do hope they give us better control over Abi though, stop attacking tentacles!
  19. Those savannas with 100 tall grass is what I dub as the "lag zone"... All lag zones are to be burnt to the ground until nothing but ash is left to make hamlet lag free again.
  20. So, with the new Willow coming up I was thinking about the potential tricks that could be done with her new-ish set of abilities. However since the information is pretty vague this is nothing more than speculation. Currently a fun strategy (not really efficient right now but..) that utilizes Bernie is to use all the insanity inducing items alongside several Bernies to fight bosses. Nightmare armor, night sword, blue caps, bat bat, and some others. If Bernie is actually capable of fighting there are interesting possibilities of creating Bernie armies to fight bosses as well as more effectively using the "Go Nuts" items/weapons. My hope for Bernie's buff is that he will make it feasibly possible to fight bosses totally insane without an annoying amount of preparation beforehand effectively giving Willow access to insanity inducing items with little need to prepare for the penalty of being insane. Not to mention if Bernie is strong then being able to drop a bodyguard at will is a pretty interesting concept to play with. Bernie also has the potential for being an EXTREMELY effective nightmare fuel farmer if Bernie is actually strong. Especially if there is a small army of Bernies. Equip a nightmare amulet, bone helmet, or just plain go insane and have Bernie knock them all out while you tend to other matters. IF Bernie is strong then Willow may have taken the slot for the most efficient nightmare fuel farmer. The only other two characters that have an innate ability to gather nightmare fuel faster are Wolfgang and Wigfrid since they can kill them easier and even then they have to dedicate their focus on farming fuel. (Maxwell/Wes don't count since it's easy to set up an insanity farm and they don't have any innate ability to kill them faster) Another interesting possibility is that according to the teaser for reworked Willow Bernie can now be equipped for sanity and warmth. Unless JoeW actually meant insulation this means that Willow could have a portable personal heater allowing extremely easy winter travel on the surface as well as easier winter spelunking. If the player has the hindsight to use Bernie for heat in the Winter that means that it will be unnecessary to carry around fire making supplies freeing up a couple slots of inventory space and being oh so very convenient. Here's hoping Bernie is actually strong. If Bernie ends up being really weak then I can't say i'm all too impressed with the rework since everything else is pretty meh for advanced players and she'll just be a new player oriented survivor. TLDR; If Bernie is strong then Willow could potentially the best nightmare fuel farmer, efficient winter/summer explorer, and have easy access to insanity inducing items. If anyone thinks of any more interesting possibilities with her new abilities please share. I'm definitely excited to play her because regardless of what people think she's definitely being buffed from her current state.
  21. Ban reverent because I shall not allow you to eat any of my Lumas, you glutton!
  22. Modding help defense multipliers

Ok, so I was able to find out how to do the poison part of this, but I'm still stuck on the damage. Also, poke
  23. Thanks so much. The wiki was missing this and I wanted to do a Hot Lava crossover in the future.
  24. He looks so stupid lol
  25. Playtime record

Playing on a laptop I fear that if I go AFK , the thing might catch fire. Still a measly 1291 Hours.
  1. Load more activity