All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. So, i updated my main world and i really don't want to start a new one, does someone know if there's a way i can spawn a working big junk pile? im worried that if i just c_spawn("junk_pile_big) it doenst synchronize with the nightmare werepig respawn time and just breaks :,(
  3. asking to remove cheese is still elitist no, i don't want the fun of people that like the fight the way it currently is and people that use cheese to get ruined, you can already do the fight practically 1st try by getting brightshade staff, doing the fight the hard way is only required if you want to do it earlier and no one forces you to kill FW at all, so you can do that anytime if you want to
  4. Ok. I hope you enjoy your Easter mate, I think we'll end our chat though, it's making me feel like i'm being mean to you - you don't get it Your post is so wholesome. I'm so sorry, but the forum is made of people having sincere discussions, s-posters and people who feel that people just argue - therefore are invalid. You're gonna just have the 'All people do is argue' crowd out in full force. I'm not gonna tar people under a particular demographic - but a lot of people think in very black and white terms here if you get my drift. Social skills are not typically present here. inb4 the debate-perverts start quoting latin at me or something
  5. I mean as you can see in the trailer it prevents players from running in and just stealing eggs from the penguins, so it does serve a “small” gameplay purpose. And it’s cute to watch the characters slip and land on their behinds. Haha!
  6. You might even be encouraged to kill the other lvl 3 shadow pieces besides the Rook all the time.
  7. Yeah i sound elitist and selfish in the manner which i present my arguements this is true i see but my actual suggestions if implemented help casual players which makes me non-elitist in my actions. You are the opposite of this grm you are a elitish in sheep clothing. As Reecitz said above me, barely anymore on these forums care for the casual experience of dst which probably makes up the bulk of the player base which is abit sad to see.
  8. It'd be nice if we got the animated Willow blast. Also i don't think we are getting that cinematic. If we did we'd have by now. But who knows they might combine their skill tree animation with the next one.
  9. being selfish is bad and that isn't an excuse and i'm not suggesting anything that could make other people enjoy the game less unlike you you keep saying the same stuff even though you got told multiple times that your reasons are invalid because being selfish or elitist is unacceptable at the cost of making everyone who like the fight the way it is now and everyone who cheesed it enjoy the game less, that's an unacceptable price also funny that you're talking about not wanting bad players to get anything even though you're also bad at the game, shouldn't you despise yourself and try to get better? i can already do minimal gear FW and i still use cheese sometimes, what now?
  10. i was sure they said they wanted to talk about that spesific thing even...so where is it?
  11. At times, it feels like people here could care less about the casual experience.
  12. Where's my goddamn money Wigfird'n'Willow cinematic + ancient skins? Was there anything said about them this update and I just missed the info? As much as I don't really care about their skilltrees and the cinematic that'd just show them going around doing goofy things, I feel that people that do want to see that are being treated unfairly by Klei
  13. Klei patched lureplant blocking so it was a bug or unintended mechanic. This is a 100% fact as of now. No matter either of our opinions. Ofc i am here to promote what i want to see in DST. Thats what you and everyone is doing here so why are you implying im the only one being selfish here. What part of my arguments are nonsensical? Im the opposite of elitist.. i want ancient fuelweaver fight to be easier so its more fun for myself because right now the fight is really hard on nintendo switch (pc its easy enough but i dont care if it becomes easier on pc too) and this indirectly helps other more casual dst players to be able to win the fight in a legit manner instead of it feeling like its hopeless.
  14. I think to keep old items relevant-ish new items should use them as part of their crafting recipes. Something like the Shadow Scythe requiring a darksword Sure, that'd essentially increase the items required to craft new items but I don't really care
  15. Fixing voidwalking and changing AFW behavior is fine. When they first announced changing lureplant due to Scrappy concerns I suggested to just have the scrap pile disallow placement of anything within a certain range of it, or give Scrappy a leap attack back to his scrap pile that could damage things in the way. I had no issue changing him to prevent collision with the scrap pile causing him to break his gear easily during the fight, etc. Same with AFW. He already senses when no player is in the arena and moves to pull the key out, this could easily be put on a max timer to auto-end preventing out-of-bounds shenanigans or give him some power to effect people outside of the arena. It would also have been pretty easy to just have AFW attack lureplants. There were plenty of ways to shore up these fights without nuking creative tools. I think lureplant, catapult, and gunpowder don't need to be changed. Gunpowder already got a huge unwarranted nerf. Sure it could 1-shot bosses *if you stacked enough,* but it took so much to actually farm up these stacks that players were either significantly delaying the fights to farm gunpowder or it was already late game. Klaus sack also didn't need to be changed. The collision could be exploited by Wanda to KO Klaus without allowing any attacks or spell casts, but even with removing the collision she can still do this. All this change did was remove the skillful technique of any character to use Klaus' sack to block his leap rather than stacking move speed and running way, or practicing the very-tight timing of dodging it from melee. These are all tools with uses that can reward creative play and already have interactions in the game which prevent them from being catch-all killers. Removing them is only removing player expression, creativity, and agency. None of these effect players who don't want to use them as all of the fights are still able to be directly engaged if that is what the player prefers. A lot of people who use these exploits are using it only to make the fight farmable. I can and do fight AFW "legit" often, my first kill in every world is done straight up because its fun and feels like a good achievement to pull off. When I return to reset ruins or get another bone armor / helm I might not want to spend so much time and energy so I exploit and minimize the cost / time of the fight. Utilizing the world to minimize and automate is also a major fun point of the game. There are people who aren't able to defeat AFW who will use exploits to clear it - and for that I say, so what? imo these strategies work as a sort of in-game difficulty slider. Dfly too hard? build a wall, now the fight is easier. Want it harder? Don't build a wall, don't use a pan flute, have fun with the challenge. Really its the trash takes like VVV that really plague this discussion. In order to get to AFW you have to clear AG and Shadow Pieces first, so no one is completely skill-lessly getting to the AFW fight. These takes amount to "no, play the game the way I want you to play" which is kinda dumb considering all of DST's history, and the "your world your rules" style. Its especially disheartening to see the Klei Devs officially have such a position.
  16. I wish shadow pieces dropped a unique item for each different one you kill last. Like i usually go into this fight with thule crowns as armor, is my reward really gonna be a dark sword and paper armor? It's not even slightly rewarding unlike the way easier AG which has crazy loot. Yea you get the heart but that's just the quest item. Shadow pieces are exactly on par with CK in terms of loot.
  17. Today
  18. The update is live and I think there was a week and a half or longer when they said that it would be reversed so it is very possible that they decided against it. That is the argument some people are making because boss dies instantly and there is no difficulty as you only need to gather stuff and mostly only gunpowder fits that category because gems can be farmed with varg farm, ruins, dragonfly, duped, hounds so you will have plenty anyway no matter what you do. Why can't these be used as an argument? The reasons players use against lureplants like you is immersion, too easy, boring, jealousy. I'll explain it one by one: Easy - player choice whether to use lureplants or not. Boring - again player choice whether to use lureplants or not. Jealousy - players don't like that they kill the boss as intended but others can cheese it, they want to feel superior when they obtain the gear when there are already options that allow for anyone kill any boss like the stated methods in the quote. See what your argument against lureplants is? Basically breaking your immersion when players that don't care can use it but you don't have to.
  19. after the new update released yesterday i got on my old 1600 day world just to see that the world didn’t retrofit at all the junkyard is no where to be found as i explored all of my world and checked multiple times
  20. i litt just resetted my keybinds and the problem somehow fixed
  21. suggestion is to make fire from scalemail same as if willow's wearing it when she's nearby so people can use fire protection armor without burning enemies to ashes
  1. Load more activity