All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. If people dont like doing the fight then they dont deserve AFW drops. And if majority of people like cheesing the fight using exploits then simply rework AFW to be more accessible instead of encouraging the use of exploits. Rifts can be turned on in settings so its not like u have to kill him for access to rift content. There is zero logical game design reason for Klei to want to leave bugs in. And if the reason is keeping the community happy they need to rip that bandaid off sooner rather than later because the majority of people in the forums or on discord are DST addicts, realistically you are not gonna quit playing grm9. The majority of the community might complain if AFW gets nerfed for example but the much much much bigger unvoiced casual/new playerbase will benefit from it.
  3. they already did, fighting FW is much more fun, but some people don't like doing that anyway so there's no reason to not let them skip it, i wish werepig was skippable too because of how boring it is and i didn't even specify a bug, you brought up lureplants on your own
  4. Today
  5. It depends, for things like berry bushes, grass and twigs, they're updated the moment they're loaded to mimic the effects of being loaded. For spawners like pig houses, it's updated at the same rate when it's loaded. Things like meteors are tied to the world, it's always updated.
  6. Its really not just about AFW. The lureplant was used in several other places too, and now cannot because of this change. Sucks to lose good tools. imo this is the worst part. This pattern of picking winners and losers, and being so heavy handed in forcing us to play a game one specific way. Your example - Maxwell was just recently added to the game, and can 100% lock almost every mob down including every single boss - including scrappy werepig to not let him get back to his scrap pile, including Dfly when she goes to summon lavae, something that was already specifically changed to prevent blocking... If they add this to the game, then why is it so bad to have lureplant doing something similar? Maxwell is still far better than lureplant, lureplant is just a secondary character agnostic option for SOME cases. They had already changed some fights to counter some cheese like dfly flying over all obstructions when summoning lavae, and all the changes to toad, etc. Why nuke lureplant just to fix a minor issue with a fight? But its not just that. I feel their changes have been haphazard. Its obvious who they like and who they don't, and how they want us to play the game by looking at their changes. Still on the topic of Maxwell - His powers are very powerful for gathering AND fighting, but also can read all of Wicker's books basically being best character at everything. Maxwell gets cheap power source nm fuel, farm all the time, easy to get passively. 5 casts per nm fuel, soooo cheap. Easily counter his only weakness of low health by riding a beef. Nothing stops Maxwell from playing caster all the time for everything. Then they add Willow. Perks are combat only, can't light very many bosses on fire, scales poorly with planar and reduced to Wilson in many fights. Gotta set up specific farms to get embers going, embers stack only to 40 and you need *5* to cast a single alignment spell. Can't cast lunar flame from Beefalo. Then they add CD to her spells on top of all of that... Another example - Wolfgang rework and cutting his speed boost. Wolfgang was pretty OP before the refreshes, but as they buffed Wendy they started buffing other characters more too. They also added Wanda. By the time they got to the Wolfgang re-work he really didn't stick out as an outlier anymore. Sure he was best for speedruns, and the ultimate damage stacker... but outside of speed runs there were plenty of characters who were very powerful in combat. And really when it comes to damage stacking, if you can get Warly's goat jelly AND chili powder AND wet the world AND be playing Woflgang... imo you deserve the nukes* It was very odd they came down on Wolfgang so hard in removing his speed perk and trying to make upkeep for might so tedious. *on this note Wig getting her res song nerfed. I mean, if you got 100 inspiration AND >2 dead people near you AND you have the time to sit there and cast a spell, I think you deserve that big moment of resing the whole party. fr how bad can it be to let some of these things be? So yeah, it feels like Klei has obvious favorites and will give them power without question but if its something a dev decides they don't like they just whack it away thoughtlessly. Its made Klei extremely inconsistent with their game design the last few years. Why not just let characters be powerful where they're supposed to be powerful? OR leave them all weaker like original DS? Often I question if they even understand how to play their own game... /rant
  7. Man the bar is really low for fun if using a lureplant to a lock a boss in place is considered fun......... I think Klei can think of more fun mechanics than that... actually going from maxwells prison spell maybe not
  8. I think the worst part about the Scrappy Werepig is that its drops are extremely underwhelming, scrap is a resource that is only serves for the lunar Siphonator and the Horizon Expandinator is just not a very useful item. And to add to that, farming dreadstone from the Nightmare Werepig now requires you to beat the Scrappy Werepig on top of waiting, which adds frustrating tedium due to his damage reduction and mediocre drops. I do understand that scrap could potentially get more uses though, and this point could become irrelevant. This update was great, and I love the better storage solutions but the Elastispacers are locked to post-CC and Wobot is only repairable once per 20 days from fighting two bosses before you can get the blueprint (also post-CC). What this results in is that storage is still really bad, and a lot worse than just chugging items on the floor. Chests just can't store enough items, and scaled chests are still worse because of the extra space they take up and the extra cost while Wobot is annoying to repair and none are worth the effort over just dumping items on the ground. I understand and agree that the Elastispacer should be lategame and should be expensive, but I can't help but feel like there can be a happy medium by buffing the storage solutions available before you beat Celestial Champion. The first idea is to make Scrappy Werepig drop the Auto-Mat-O-Chanic blueprint. While Wobot is a lifesaver I really don't think that it is nearly good enough to justify the requirements for repairing it early. This could also be remedied by making Werepig drop more Auto-Mat-O-Chanics but this still leaves scrap desperate for more uses. I also think that scaled chests should be buffed, by making them hold up to 1.5x or 2x the max stack of items (Like storing 60/80 silk in one slot instead of 40). This will make them more justifiable storage solutions before CC, which I think is necessary considering that they require beating a raid boss. It will also give more uses to Scales which, past the first scale for the furnace, are kind of dead space in my experience that just kind of stay there. These changes would remedy all the issues I mentioned above, and would make other storage solutions a lot more appealing.
  9. Another setting which has definitely helped some people is setting CPU affinity to encourage the process to run on a single core (look it up for your OS), though for me it only helped on lower power levels (if the laptop was set to max performance it made no difference, but made a huge difference on balanced or power saving). Here's a comment with some other tips about forcing max performance to the ONI process: There's also another issue I remember about some other GPU setting which can be changed which helps, problem is I can't find that anymore, I do remember it mostly wasn't in English (I think Chinese) which doesn't help with searchability.
  10. I was pretty close with just 15 chests. That did not include Halloween or Christmas items but did include trinkets. Didn't include different skins for building items etc just one for each type. This is a great question because I'm totally a horder in game
  11. that's what i meant but i don't have a controller ik about them but pretty sure they fixed those in the update and you don't need either of them to kill FW anyway it isn't, i only use it for swapping armor and weapon twice during the entire fight and i press a button to attack instead of using mouse
  12. I mean, how much do you care about understanding the difference of doing this fight on console? I could go into a lot of detail. It's very much console specific issues. But maybe that's what you mean by saying it's a controller issue? I can't imagine why it would be different, so maybe you could try using controller on PC to understand what I'm talking about. That's also why I say it's console specific though. On PC you have a choice, on console you don't. The fight is very much designed around using a mouse. I understand why it may be hard for you to visualize the issues with the LazyE and WP because the work completely different on console that they do on PC. I have PC and console. Trust me on this. For wovens I imagine holding F to kill them instead of clicking will help you visualize what I mean. Also, perhaps I disagree? Or maybe I misunderstood? Ignoring really skilled player's a ability, AFW is designed to be a management check for the player. But that's also why it's such a good fight, solo. Thinking about it, I just see it as a silly change. What's the intention? For people that don't want to do the fight, there are still a lot of options for both PC and console players to do that fight without having to do it the Wilson way.
  13. how does that matter for you? if a bug ends up making the game more fun, should it get removed anyway only because a bunch of people didn't intend for it to get added and therefore it's bad?
  14. this u CANT do that in PC also or any other platform. not cross the water and same we have cooldown upon equipping. also why u bring this up when i recommend this for bird farming. getting 2 horn basically a free small meat farming all year around 0 durability cost. even farm for the azure feather, that u cant get from killing buzzard. 50% chance for jet feather from crow and 33% chance from buzzard. u can spawn crow everywhere. while its limited number buzzard spawned. (u can even buff the spawn with feather hat) 2 horn basically nothing than the use of dashing to bird for unlimited meat and feather for wiggy. just stand and see if there bird spawn near u press the button and aim to it. dash and u kill the bird LOL u always think to the extreme, LMAO. is all xbox server all that anarchy, wild destructive player all the time that make all beefalo extinct before u managed to snag on 2 volt goat horn ? why dont u just go and try before even throwing baseless opinion here? are u the one that keep everything go extinct ? just calm, kill 5 leave 1 alive in 2-ish day it will respawned getting 2 volt horn is not that hard. lolol another wasting time reason. for someone who boast about liking roguelike games but hating RNG lmao and also the RNG is not that bad, if its bad for u i recommend to wash ur hand probably ur hand is way too stinky.
  15. Speaking of mobs talking, can the devs name drop Wagstaff? I don't like to see messages in my chat from "wet grainy transmi..."
  16. seems like you just don't have answers so you're trying to make it seem like you do i wasn't talking about lureplants cheese specifically, if they would've thought that it's an issue they would've removed it years ago similarly to making bosses destroy campfires why do they, assuming that that means removing bugs that people can't use on accident and that aren't detrimental for anyone?
  17. Even so, is it intended that bees don't make honey while a blooming wormwood is around when theres enought flowers?? That was my main concern, thanks
  18. OMG IT'S FIXED IN THE BETA - beforemacoschanges - r579121
  19. I carry a stack of potatoes as Willow because she can cook them with her lighter with ease. I prepare water balloons and ice staff for dragonfly, because the fight is more fun and engaging than standing next to a wall. But I suck so I often die in that fight.
  20. There are hundreds of ways to kill bosses in an "intended" and bug-free way, not just one. Like I said before, you're trolling at this point and I'm not going to bother responding to you anymore. "why does the game working as the devs intended matter?" This is one of the stupidest questions I've ever read. Good luck trying to find a game that doesn't care about being polished, Mr. bug.
  21. I have a shovel with 4% durability left.
  22. The lureplant exploit? It was in the patch notes I don't think they added it there by accident Also, tools in emergent game design are still provided by developers
  23. Whenever someone uses the ping mod I just mute them
  1. Load more activity