All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Wheeler Feedback

what if she just doesn't wear backpacks that would be good
  3. I don't really see any of them as particularly 'useless.' Are some more useful than others? Sure. However, each geyser/vent is useful in its own way. It requires a slight shift in thinking -- rather than thinking, "I really wish I had X geyser so I could do this," you need to consider "I have X geyser .. what can I do with it?" Early on, I used to think along the lines of "I really wish I had X geyser." I'd have an idea of what I wanted to do in my base and I'd try to find a way to accomplish it. Inevitably, I'd come to the conclusion that I'd have to start a new map because I had too many 'useless' geysers. More recently, I've definitely started looking at geysers differently -- and I've found that I can use all of them in some way. Some take more effort than others -- like my liquid CO2 vent that I turned into a dirt farm. Cold CO2 removed heat from compost piles, then got turned to polluted water in a carbon skimmer. The polluted water went into a water sieve, and the polluted dirt into the compost piles. As a result, my bases have become less 'cookie cutter rebuilds' and more organic. I feel somewhat hypocritical writing this at the moment because my current map has some very juicy geysers, so I can't use it as a good example. Even so, I've found that just changing my perspective on how I play can really influence how I look at the random geysers in any map.
  4. I probably asked this a long time ago, so I'll as again. Being that we're playing with friends, it'd be nice to have a server that can sustain itself indefinitely, if you're good enough. With that, it would be fun to actually make structures, furnish them, and build up some sort of village. For me, there is real no end-game. All you do is survive and once you do, you then go fight bosses I suppose? But after that, when then?
  5. Since the developers are back to working on the core game, would be awesome if you guys made PvP an actual thing. Surviving is fun, but after going through all the seasons, you need a heavier challenge. That of course, is people. There are a few way that you guys can make PvP relevant. Improve combat. With the forge, you have plenty of ways of doing this. We simply need more ways to attack and CC other players. The current combat system is outdated and isn't even fun for PvE either. Add a new gamemode. Would be cool to have a team deathmatch of some sort. Maybe call it tribes and have two teams compete, whichever team remains alive, wins.
  6. Guess Who?

so sobbing over the demise decommissioning of Warbucks is not staying on Topic? you monster!
  7. I have 3 levels of geysers. The ones I actively look for like metal volcanoes, cool steam, water, slush, natural gas, and chlorine (I know, it's not necessary but I feel way better when I have a chlorine geyser.) The ones that get their own room to do something. Major/minor volcanoes, hot polluted O2, infected polluted water, leaky oil fissures, etc. And finally, the ones that get dug up and subsequently ignored due to their rediculouly low output. Both CO2, hydrogen.
  8. @Toros Someone please promote this guy to a Developer before he goes even more Political on trivial issues : D
  9. Okay, so as someone who plays Wortox in their free time, and has noticed Klei has a losing battle with skin mods in the workshop, why not find a way to merge your DST Inventory and let the players use skins/characters there? Wortox is registered as a Inventory item, and then people wouldn't want to not only port him, but also they wouldn't have a need for skin mods. If steam doesn't provide a way to merge the inventories, find a way by linking your Klei account to both games, Although this has a high chance of not getting in, I still wanted to throw my hat into the ring of solutions. Maybe a merged inventory could even let the game detect if you own a DLC via some sort of unique inventory item, possibly providing a solution about dividing the communities about DLC. Food for thought.
  10. Wagstaff's blurr problem

He is not free, he is included in the price of the game. Wagstaff causing genuine harm to some people is a serious concern that affects all current and future owners of the game. You got your analogy wrong. This isn't the restaurant saying "We do not have bread sticks that are safe for you to eat". This is as if someone asked the waiter/waitress if there is a gluten free option and then you (from the next table over) start yelling at them about how they are so entitled to even think about asking for alternatives and that they should just leave. You. Are. Not. Klei. Stop speaking on their behalf and stop insulting their patrons.
  11. Ban GetNerfedOn because I said so.
  12. How do you feel about Wheeler?

salad what? i didn't say salad
  13. Today
  14. What are you trying to say with that word salad?
  15. Refreshing to see these icons here.
  16. silly drawings i make

Don't mean to criticize but I would've made the building curled/tilted but I can see what you were doing here. Interesting expressionist piece(like Cabinet of Doctor Caligari). The gradient is also a nice touch. Mr. Carter: Wendy, did you draw these? Wendy: No, my sister did.
  17. Wagstaff's blurr problem

Sticking with the restaurant analogy, Wagstaff is like them offering free breadsticks and people demanding gluten free substitutes. He’s a free addition, not dlc. Most restaurants don’t carry gluten free everything and are perfectly in their rights to say “No, we don’t have gluten free pasta but we have various salad options that can suit your needs.” There are 20ish character options fully available for people who are sensitive to blur. The idea that adding something for free demands additional consideration beyond reasonable quality expectations is absurd.
  18. How do you feel about Wheeler?

i said like inventory suffers as different to stuff on ground and...?
  19. Wheeler Feedback

Personally, while I haven't played her myself, I think the main, and probably only thing she needs changed is changing the "travels lighter than most" to Penalize wearing a backpack instead of just reducing her inventory slots. That way she still has that inventory managment aspect, but doesn't just further solidify the nothign but Backpack meta.
  20. I already did, earlier. I explained how the navigadget does more than just locate ground resources. In fact, it checks the drop tables of entities which gives it a whole host of other useful options.
  21. Wow. The resemblance is shockingly similar. I usually dismissed a lot of theories connecting mants to the ancients, but this changes quite a lot. If nothing else, this proves the ancients knew of the mants existence at the very least. Now if they actually interacted with each other is a different story entirely.
  22. How do you feel about Wheeler?

1 applied horticulture makes plants unless you want to wast durability of it on the 3 immobile cacti sanity isn't what you get from it i was saying birds of the world to make jerky which is good sanity 2 while shadow duelists aren't good at all they exist its to show how they are cohesive 3 this was talking about how they meld not the power of the perks its different is not the same as its any good well they still have perks and still meld to make a cohesive play style unlike Wheeler i was just giving some examples of how all others do ok then what perks does she have for just specifically finding things hmm? oh yeah a compass that only works on items that are on the ground and inventory suffers like idols and iron in hamlet there is so much to collect grass and twigs for torches hammers flint and iron for tools any hats that may be needed for your current season armor tools idols trinkets plus your already owned personal items those things already have nine of your pathetic ten slots filled the only thing this does is make the backpack meta even more prominent ok then if your magic invisible perks are real then share them instead of being a condescending waste of time to talk to do your part in the community and help those who aren't as good as you make better decisions and play better and help people
  23. Wagstaff's blurr problem

Not everyone has access to mods, it should be done officially. Here's the best way, be proactive with more common issues (disable screen shake has always been a thing), more niche issues can be reactive (You don't need to anticipate someone getting nauseous from autumn, but when they do, fix it). For example, restaurants will have special options for gluten free and lactose intolerant people (common and proactive) , but may not have a ready answer for when someone is allergic to a certain kind of fruit (rare and reactive). They do. Wagstaff is available to base game DS, this literally effects every person who bought it. It's our money. This content is in open beta, now is exactly the time to give our feedback. I don't make complaints because I hate the game, I do so because I love it and want it to be better.
  24. As stated in title, bristle blossoms, buddy buds, and sporechildren don't show that they're germ sources
  1. Load more activity